Decided to document my new venture, heres what we have.
5 GDP clones 1 Lavender clone
600 watt digital HPS
6 - 5 gallon buckets
1 - 18 gal res.
1-396 GPH pump
2 - Airpumps (1 nice one)
Im running a bio-bucket system which is in essence a modified Recirculating DWC bucket system. Bio buckets attempt to put beneficial bacteria at work so you don't have to as much. I used tap water to fill the system and ran it for 2 days then I added the plants and beneficial bacteria (SubCulture from GH).
The SubCulture isn't needed from what I have heard but I figured it would speed the process. I have read some negative things about subculture but it didn't make sense to me so im making my own evaluation and so far so good.
Heres a couple pics of my setup and the clones. The water is active with bacteria evident by some foam and a fresh yeasty smell. They have lava rock in 8" netpots to colonize and establish a protective root zone that will have added health benefits.
Im attempting to go without changing the res out the entire grow, I will add fresh water as needed and re-up nutes as needed attempting to keep control of the salt levels. PH should be kept in check by the B.Bs after my initial dose of PH down.
Temps aren't an issue this time around since its nice and cool now...I have ran in the mid 70s on occasion though, im sure I have a couple light leaks but not many at all. With the combination of B.B, recirculation, and mucho air I hope to not have to deal with hydro nasties....I have a terrible taste in my mouth from the dreaded brown algae...that stuff is not joke. I had to replant in soil.
Heres some pics same 2 pics 1 week apart...you can tell which is a little bigger...they are labeled incorrectly.