Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage

PharmaCan is offline Registered+

My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage

Well, despite some major screw-ups, it looks like my ScrOG will turn into a half-ass decent grow. When I started this grow, BG Hydro screwed me around for over a month on sending me the HPS bulb I needed, so the plants had vegged way too much by the time I flipped them. I started with six plants and had to remove two, no big deal except it broke my heart to destroy two flowering plants. Then a couple of the sprinkler heads clogged up for a couple days so I'm just getting a def in two plants corrected - leaves are turning green again so all is well in that respect.

And yet, despite all these problems, I have 18 sq.ft. of solid buds! You can't really tell from these photos, but the buds that are sticking up are the end of branches that have curled up. There's a lot of the branch that is still horizontal, but has buds growing up from it. With about six weeks to go, they should still grow quite a bit.

The plants are 26 days into flower. The strain is White Widow and I anticipate harvesting at 10 weeks. I'll try to take some pics with the HPS lights off sometime in the next day or two.

I really like growing in a ScrOG! ...can't wait to see how my next grow turns out, now that I know some of the pitfalls to avoid.

PC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming06.jpg   My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming07.jpg   My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming08.jpg  

My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming09.jpg   My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming10.jpg  
    Never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

All of this is just pretend. But if I grew marijuana, it would be in strict compliance with California Law, SB420.

Live wild - it's too late to die young.

"Let the old men who make the wars, fight the wars."

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    The TITLE!! I feel faint.

HOLY CRAP!!!! What happened to the guy walking around asking questions about coco? Now he's a power-growing sex-fiend.

PC...Fucking EXCELLENT work... c DAYUM!!

Weedhound - Where have you been, darlin? I haven't seen you around lately. What happened to your puppy pic?

Ya know, when I had people working for me, I always tried to impress on them that stupid questions are far more preferable than stupid mistakes. That philosophy has always served me well.

Thanks for the compliments!

PC
    Never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

All of this is just pretend. But if I grew marijuana, it would be in strict compliance with California Law, SB420.

Think I got taken over by the hormone beast or something PC so took a little vacation from Cdot.....back now I think and hopefully less crabby about everything.

I must say those photos do ALOT to warm an old lady's heart.

wman44 is offline Registered+
    daaaamn....those are some sexy plants
    im about 6 days of flowering into my first scrog
    im growing an nl cross but i dont have 18sq ft..
    in fact my space is only 23inches by 15 inches but its starting to look kinda like yours!
    gotta love this scrog thing

Quote Originally Posted by wman44 View Post
    daaaamn....those are some sexy plants
    im about 6 days of flowering into my first scrog
    im growing an nl cross but i dont have 18sq ft..
    in fact my space is only 23inches by 15 inches but its starting to look kinda like yours!
    gotta love this scrog thing
    Hey, even a small area of solid buds is good. Make sure you keep tying your branches down during the growth spurt.

PC

turtle420 is offline Banned
    1st off... A++ on the title.

2nd, FREAKING NICE!!!
    I looove SCRoGs!!!

How long did you veg them for?
    Sad about BGHydro man... I always give them an "Excellent" for their service.

Anyways, very very nice man.
    So, right now, you have a total of four plants, in those 18 sq.ft. Right?

Heck yeah!!

Hey, how 'easy' or 'not easy' is it to reach the rear parts of the cabinet/grow room, in order to train the girls?

And your training of them into the SCRoG,... have you "weaved" them into it, or just "tied them down" with string/cable?
    Last edited by turtle420; Nov-08-2007 at 20:41.

Hi Turtle.

This cabinet is 3' x 6', with two doors, so it's pretty easy to reach the plants. The plants vegged about 2 1/2 months from clones. I had to cut them back several times; but I've grown this strain a lot and I know how the plants react and they love being pruned. At first I just bent the branches over, under the screen, and tied them only for lateral support/spacing. Then I wove a little, then I tied a lot. Four plants - White Widow.

PC

iniganja is offline Registered+
    You mention tying the branches down--is there a certain technique to doing so?

Opie Yutts is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by iniganja View Post
    Yes, it's called trial and error.
    PLEASE STOP BY MY FOGGING THREAD
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

Hey PC, really cool to see you doing a scrog setup. 18 sq ft of budding white widow. Ain't it a beautiful mouthwatering sight? As you may or may not be aware, I am a huge fan of the scrog method. Not only do you get to harvest about every two months, but the yields are higher since using the screens maximizes the space you have and the shape of the light intensity (with HID and a stadium screen).

Man, just think what that is going to look like in 6 weeks. Just think how it will look when you can do it without any problems. Hey wait, does that ever happen?

I can't even see the screen. Have the colas just grown so high that it's not visible?

I'm not trying to be a big shot or hijack your thread, but perhaps people might be interested in seeing an example of a stadium scrog. Here's an older grow of mine: This is your AK47 - This is your AK47 on a stadium scrog. Any questions?

PC, (or anyone for that matter) please be sure to share when you get aspects of scrog figured out. It's not easy to time everything just perfectly so that you get maximum screen coverage, without having to end up chopping a few to make room. It's also not easy trying to decide where to place all the branches and the main bud. Any attempt at doing this in an organized fashion usually ends up in a free-for-all anyway. Let me know, and I'll share as well, if any profound inspiration hits me in the face.
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

I'm not sure what you mean by this question. The method of tying the branches is just bend them over and tie them down with a twist tie. The technique is to try to get the foliage to cover your entire screen. If this doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask more specific questions.

Opie - Thanks for stopping by!

Yeah, the buds are just so thick that you can't see the screen. There's also quite a bit of foliage that's tied down that's blocking the view.

The guy at the hydro shop said he used to do a lot of scrogging and that he used two screens. Same process of tying all the branches as best you can, then, when the buds start to rise, directing each bud through a hole in the upper screen. I'm going to try two screens on my next grow. Just looking at the way the plants are growing, I'm guessing that the second screen helps hold down the foliage that is competing for the light. I spend a lot of time tucking fan leaves to expose buds. I think the second screen eliminates that chore, but I'm not really sure.

PC
    Last edited by PharmaCan; Nov-09-2007 at 09:09.

iniganja is offline Registered+
    Pharm--Hmmm...you have any pictures of the branches on the screen?

Pharm--Hmmm...you have any pictures of the branches on the screen?
    I didn't take any pics as I was doing the initial tying, or as it was filling in, if that's what you mean.

I can try to take a pic from underneath, but I don't know if you'll be able to see much. I'll get that up in the morning.

PC

PC, I've never heard of this technique where you put two screens in the flower area. It's common to have a "training screen" in the veg chamber, just to keep the plants from growing too far from the way you'll need them to be. But it's not necessary and I've never used one, since I can usually get my screen down over my plants after I move them into the bud section. Occasionally I'll snap a banch, sometimes even clean off, but a little masking tape takes care of that real well.

I guess I'm a little confused. I'm just not seeing the need for a 2nd screen. You said, Same process of tying all the branches as best you can, then, when the buds start to rise, directing each bud through a hole in the upper screen. Well this is exactly what I do with my one screen. I tie all the branches for awhile, then I let the buds rise through holes in the screen. What are you doing differently than I am? You said, the second screen helps hold down the foliage that is competing for the light. I assume you mean the upper screen. Either way, I don't see what the bottom screen is for. My one screen holds down the foliage, and it positions buds at certain holes to rise through. What am I missing here?

Opie - I'm just guessing at what the purpose of the upper screen is. I really don't know for sure.

Most of my veg foliage was under the screen. The foliage from the 12/12 stretch is on top, tied down.

Anyhoo, the hydro guy swears by the two screen process, so I'll try it once. But, when I do, I think I'll drag his butt over here to help me set it up 'cuz I too am confused about the process.

PC

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    Looks sweet P/C,
    3 ft x 6 ft , 4 plants . I'm real curious how this is gonna yield for you / if it's worth the 2.5 mos. veg. time ?

Does there seem to be as much wood growing under the screen as there would be w/ just topping them n letting them grow natural ?

Is this indeed the cabinet we saw a lil while back roughed in w/o doors ? 2-600W in cooltubes ? Can you pop a cpl. pics of the cabinet itself too , it looked sweet in the makings , like O.C.D Sweet , I was impressed !

Bg hydro. let me down too man , fukd me around for 3 bloody mos. over 12.00 of calibration sol. LOL . I'll never be back .
    Peace
    Crispi

rhizome is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmaCan View Post
    Opie - I'm just guessing at what the purpose of the upper screen is. I really don't know for sure.
    Keeps stuff from falling over- you'll have weight supported at awkward angles, and as they fill in they'll want to lay down onto the screen.
    I assume you understand that we have options on your time,
    And we will ditch you in the harbour if we must-
    But if it all works out nicely,
    You'll get the bonus you deserve
    From doctors we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    Keeps stuff from falling over- you'll have weight supported at awkward angles, and as they fill in they'll want to lay down onto the screen.
    Dude, you are like the Lone Ranger of information.

Quote Originally Posted by xcrispi View Post
    Looks sweet P/C,
    3 ft x 6 ft , 4 plants . I'm real curious how this is gonna yield for you / if it's worth the 2.5 mos. veg. time ?

Does there seem to be as much wood growing under the screen as there would be w/ just topping them n letting them grow natural ?

Is this indeed the cabinet we saw a lil while back roughed in w/o doors ? 2-600W in cooltubes ? Can you pop a cpl. pics of the cabinet itself too , it looked sweet in the makings , like O.C.D Sweet , I was impressed !

Bg hydro. let me down too man , fukd me around for 3 bloody mos. over 12.00 of calibration sol. LOL . I'll never be back .
    Peace
    Crispi
    Here's a few cabinet pics for you, Crispi. If I stumble across the link to thread with all the good cab construction pics, I'll post it. Lately I've been getting away from fixed cabs and more into free standing structures. That way, if I decide to move I can move the cabs and barely skip a beat in my op.

There is a lot of wood on these plants. I'll post a stem pic below and you can get an idea. The stem in the pic is about 1 1/2" diameter.

I didn't have to veg for 2.5 months - as it turned out, I did, but that was only because of BG Hydro. I had to top the plants twice during that period, just to keep some semblance of sanity.

This is my Christmas Widow. ...maybe some of it will make its way back to the East coast in time for the holidays - ya never know.

PC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-014.jpg   My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-015.jpg   My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-016.jpg  

My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-017.jpg   My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-018.jpg  

Here are a few more pics with the hps's off. If you look at the pic of the undergrowth, it's pretty thick. There are a whole lot of buds in there, which will just be popcorn buds, but it's obvious that with practice and improved technique there is the potential for a lot better yield.

BTW - The def you see was started with clogged sprinkler heads and no water for a day or two (?). I flushed and adjusted my nutes and the color is slowly returning to the leaves. Today is day one of week seven - with a 10-11 week strain. I'm using Latewood's recipe so today I'm switching to the power flowering nutes. With 4-5 weeks left, those buds should bulk up quite nicely.

PC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-005.jpg   My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-010.jpg   My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-012.jpg  

My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-008.jpg   My First ScrOG - Young Girls in Bondage-farming-009.jpg  

Gundari is offline Registered+
    That is fucking amazing looking. So much so that depending upon the results of my first grow (all i really did was a bit of LST'ing) i may be doing a SCroG on my second grow.
    You can always look back, but you can never change the past.

Yes, that is amazing. Real nice.

Just one suggestion though. I know this is your first time and you will do some things differently next time, so I suggest that you get rid of all that foliage and those popcorn buds underneath. They are not getting light, and they are taking away precious strength from what is really important; the buds and whatever is above the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie Yutts View Post
    Yes, that is amazing. Real nice.

Just one suggestion though. I know this is your first time and you will do some things differently next time, so I suggest that you get rid of all that foliage and those popcorn buds underneath. They are not getting light, and they are taking away precious strength from what is really important; the buds and whatever is above the screen.
    The growth that you can see in the pics is actually on top of the screen - it's foliage that grew after the branches were tied down. At this point, it would be next to impossible to trim it. It's such a tangled mess that it just wouldn't be wise.

PC

that one photo is pure heaven.....

bongerstonerd00d is offline Registered+
    PC....lookin dayum good. Just in time for Santa. It'll be green green in the east, at least where I am for Xmas

b0nger
    If you cannot smoke it or eat it, why grow it ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast