Cannabis.com

Thread: Ok clones have rooted, now what?

cheesypeace is offline Registered+

Ok clones have rooted, now what?

So far I have lost 20 clones already with 0 sucessfull because once they rooted i just pushed them down into rockwool cubes and then they broke the roots and died. But now I have 8 new clones that are all guarantied females this time anyway and they have been in a bubbler for 1 week are finally starting to grow roots. I will let them bubble for a few more days probably 2 or 3 and then I need to transplant them. I want to put them into 4 inch rockwool cubes, but last time i had troubles and broke all the roots.

I was just wondering if anyway had a good method to transplant rooted clones into the 4 inch rocklwool cubes withought dammaging the roots??

Also what should the environement be for the first week after they are transplanted???

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

cheesypeace is offline Registered+

How do I transplant rooted clones?

I want to put them into 4 inch rockwool cubes, but last time i had troubles and broke all the roots.

I was just wondering if anyone had a good method to transplant rooted clones into the 4 inch rockwool cubes withought dammaging the roots??

Also what should the environement be for the first week after they are transplanted???

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

rhizome is offline Registered+
    Slide the plastic jacket off of the cube.
    With a sharp, non-serrated blade, slit the rockwool deep enough to comfortably accept yer roots.
    Hold the edges of the slit you've just cut gently apart (ya don't wanna split the block) and tuck the roots inside- gently, and neatness counts.
    If ya have to backfill the slit, or the center hole if yer using that style block, just sacrifice a block to do all the others- tear it apart for fibers.

If yer blocks are damp, ( which they should be from overnight soaking in water adjusted to pH 5.0, which will condition the block to a workable pH,) you'll raise a lot less dust.

If they're well rooted, ya shouldn't have to baby them much- keep the lights high for a couple of days.

Of course, if yer clones are in rapid rooters or rockwool plugs or something like that, just stick it gently in the center hole and yer done- again, shouldn't need much coddling.
    Last edited by rhizome; Jan-07-2008 at 21:29. Reason: that's shouldn't need, not should need- lol
    I assume you understand that we have options on your time,
    And we will ditch you in the harbour if we must-
    But if it all works out nicely,
    You'll get the bonus you deserve
    From doctors we trust.

rhizome is offline Registered+
    Ya only need to post a question once, and only in one forum.

Somebody'll come along in a little while.
    I assume you understand that we have options on your time,
    And we will ditch you in the harbour if we must-
    But if it all works out nicely,
    You'll get the bonus you deserve
    From doctors we trust.

PharmaCan is offline Registered+
    Cheesypeace - Rhizome pretty much covered all the bases but, I'm curious, how were the clones rooted? In a cloner or in plugs?

I recently rooted some clones in 1" r/w cubes and then moved them to 4" cubes, which would have been simple enough except that the holes in the 4" cubes were round and my 1" cubes were square. Sometime, try spending a few hours putting square plugs in round holes. Not only is it a major PITA - but you feel like a complete idiot the whole time you're doing it.

PC
    Never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

All of this is just pretend. But if I grew marijuana, it would be in strict compliance with California Law, SB420.

Live wild - it's too late to die young.

"Let the old men who make the wars, fight the wars."

PharmaCan is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    Ya only need to post a question once, and only in one forum.

Somebody'll come along in a little while.
    It's remarks like this that bring your avatar to life, Rhizome. I can just see Cheney growling something like that.

PC
    Never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

All of this is just pretend. But if I grew marijuana, it would be in strict compliance with California Law, SB420.

Live wild - it's too late to die young.

"Let the old men who make the wars, fight the wars."

herbie the love bud is offline Registered+
    I don't use rockwool so I can't answer specifics about it, but if you rooted them in rooters or something you can just transfer that directly to your net pot and fill carefully with hydroton.

Now the key is, putting them under the MH its gonna get very hot so you should actually raise the water level up enough so that the bottom of the rooter is actually in the water. Within a week when the clones have grown a bit and furthered their roots, then you can drop the water level down to below the net pot level.

caligrown82807 is offline Registered+
    now u got them rooted just go get a bag of gro-dan macro plugs they are round and have a slit in the side 2 slide in rooted clone in and i suggest to feed with a product called prop-o-gator after u have root and they will explod....

SuperMomOF2 is offline Registered
    I thought the whole point of rockwhool was to root the clones. It sounds pointless to root the clones THEN put them in rockwool. Most people I know either start in rockwool or never use it.