Thread: Brita water or Faucet water?

Revanche21 is offline Registered+

Question Brita water or Faucet water?

I used Faucet water in my grow, but was wondering if anyone tried this?

SAP420 is offline Registered+
    All that the Brita filter will do is remove any metals and chlorine from the water. I have had no problems with the chlorine level in my area affecting my grow. I wouldn't think that it really would make a difference.

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    No "screw on" Brita or Pur type filters.........go with your tap water.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

GreenDestiny is offline Registered+

the older I get, the more I avoid tap

Over time the pipes will rust.
    Once in a while the city will have to work on the water main pipe and it can temporarily dirty the water.
    Chlorine, fluoride, and god knows what else is added to the water on purpose.

a Brita filter sounds pretty nice to me.

but if it doesn't hurt the plants to use what tap water you've already got, keep using it and save the money to buy something else that the ladies might enjoy.
    "There's no right, there's no wrong, there's only popular opinion." - 12 Monkeys.
    The hemp plant is our perfect symbiote! Down with capitalism, materialism, fascism, war, and superficialness! Long live the biosphere! *Proud offspring of a draft dodger*

my new little babies

a420seeker is offline Registered+
    I dechlorinate my water as if it is for my aquariums, which I also use the spent aquarium water to water my plants. I have a total recycling system going on, totally organic and everything gets used.

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    Whatever is in those filters such as Britta et al removes the minerals etc with salts.....these filters take out the GOOD minerals your plants need (like calcium etc) .....leave the bad stuff in and makes the sodium level of your water too high.

Go with your tap or consider RO or distilled.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

NaughtyDreadz is offline Registered+
    luckily my nutes make the PH in my water balanced.... and that's a tiny ass of nutes like the ppms are so low...

then I flush with molasses and water and the ph levels go up just a lil bit, but I overdo on the molasses... but what from I've been reading that's not such a bad thing... especially on the last week

if the pipes will be rustin a bit due to time... I'm either out of here or, I've optioned the lease, and bought it, then I'd overhaul the full monty, so I'd be worrying way less about the weed I was growing, than some jackass ripping me off redoing my pipes...

that was a pointless rant, but I just inherited a house and the bills are drivnig me nuts... just never ends... ASSSXSSSSSassss
    Last edited by NaughtyDreadz; Jul-22-2008 at 23:29.