Thread: Which net pot for 3" hole?

IndyMed is offline Registered

Which net pot for 3" hole?

Hello and thanks.
    Branching out into something new. What size net pot should I order for a 3" hole? I see heavy duty 3.25" pots and regular duty 3.75". System is a hybrid NFT type.
    Thank you in advance.

d4twamp is offline Registered+
    I drilled my holes with a 3" hole saw and bought 3" net pots and they worked great for my clones
    With a little imagination, courage, and ambition, anything you desire is within your reach...
    It's always 4 TWAMP in the dirty five thirty!!!
    People seldom recognize opportunity, because it comes disguised as hard work

macnasty is offline Banned
    ya some net pots have tabs on each side so they don't fall through the holes, if you happen to drill them the same size as the cups. i played it safe and bought cups a quarter inch bigger than the holes i drilled. anything bigger and your cups will stick out more than they need to. this should be common sense though. as far as 'heavy duty' cups go, that sounds like a marketing trick. all u need are cheap ones, and they'll last you forever if you decide to re use them. now on to more urgent questions

IndyMed is offline Registered
    The pots fell through. I just used a hot glue gun to put knobs on the edge of the opening.
    No big deal. Might try and find some 3.25 ones though.