Cannabis.com

Thread: My leaves are turning purple!?!

Steelwool is offline Registered+

My leaves are turning purple!?!

These pictures were taken a week ago. They've been flowering for 6 weeks. They are "Pot Of Gold". This week the larger, older leaves started to turn purple. The trics haven't started to turn amber yet. Should I start to flush now?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My leaves are turning purple!?!-close-harv5.jpg   My leaves are turning purple!?!-close-harv4.jpg   My leaves are turning purple!?!-close-harv3.jpg  

My leaves are turning purple!?!-close-harv2.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

drudown11 is offline Registered+
    ide give it another round of ferts and then flush....but thats just me

jtsik330 is offline Registered+
    what are the temps?

They got pretty cold like lower 50s in the dark cycle and upper 60s lower 70s in the light but only for a couple of days over the weekend. I've cranked up the heater and it's gotten warmer outside so it's been corrected. I thought the cold caused things to go light green, at least in veg and early flower? I'll take a picture or two tonight and post em.
    Last edited by Steelwool; Feb-16-2010 at 17:25.

sarah louise is offline Registered+
    The purpling is a normal response to the low o/nite temps.

Large swings between day and night temps can cause the new growth to look light green (cold bleaching).

If you have warmed things up you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
    Typing does not equal activism.

I am facing cold temps such as mid to low 50's aswell when lights are out and I'm prepared for the purple leaves. Im pretty sure it doesn't have a negative affect on yield?

drudown11 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsik330 View Post
    I am facing cold temps such as mid to low 50's aswell when lights are out and I'm prepared for the purple leaves. Im pretty sure it doesn't have a negative affect on yield?
    it shouldn't hurt yield its just a sign that your temps are dipping a little at night, and personally i love it when things turn purple i think its pretty

Quote Originally Posted by drudown11 View Post
    it shouldn't hurt yield its just a sign that your temps are dipping a little at night, and personally i love it when things turn purple i think its pretty
    agrrrreeeddd

Quote Originally Posted by drudown11 View Post
    It will depend on whether the temperature is just dipping down for a short while during the night or whether the temp dips after the lights go out and stay low for most of the night.

The second scenario will most definitely impede flowering.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah louise View Post
    Does it slower the process or does it actually reduce the amount of floweR?

Bit of both.

So I've put a heater close to my intake which is helping with the temp but now I'm starting to get yellowing around the very top leaves of my colas on a couple of my girls, the ones directly under the bulb. Is this another byproduct of a big swing in temps or normal for late flowering? I'm at 7 weeks so I'm a week out from flushing. PH and PPM are fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My leaves are turning purple!?!-2-17-purple-leaves.jpg   My leaves are turning purple!?!-2-17-yellow-tops.jpg  

I'm gonna blame that on late flowering. I believe the top fan leaves show symptoms of yellowing first and works its way down. Looks like you got some pretty healthy girls

Thanks! It's my first hydro grow and I'm blown away. Much fatter buds and easier to control/correct then dirt. I'm going to try aroponic next. My clone machine is aroponic and I'm really liking it.

Djones1230 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah louise View Post
    It will depend on whether the temperature is just dipping down for a short while during the night or whether the temp dips after the lights go out and stay low for most of the night.

I need some help if you can take time to talk an look at some pictures throw me a email djones1230@aim.com

Djones1230 is offline Registered
    I'm having a rare problem I never witness before if someone that's knows there stuff can email me at djones1230@aim.com that would be greatly appreciated thank you

tinytoon is offline Registered+
    That thread was about a year old, start a thread of your own and tell us whats up. Sorry I dont e-mail, I stay hidden
    If you have something productive to say by all means speak up, if not then please close the hole under your nose.
    Grow in Progress - Forced into retirement, advise only. ........................................ maybe
    All pictures are either computer generated or "found" on the web.