Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow

metalarclemon is offline Registered+

Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow

I am going to record one of my Super Skunk grows from start to finish for your amusement and pleasure. Enjoy!

These are some nice easy growing/cloning plants that taste fan freakin tastic and definately pack a punch and have short flower period as well in the 45 day range.

My room consists of a 1000 watt hps with hortilux eye bulb in a vented reflector on a hydrofarm 6' mover. fresh air intake good ventilation, temps max at about 78. They will start in a homemade aero cloner and stay there until flower. flower is a nft set up based on the sb set up, 396 pump with 14 event timer, 18 gal res with air stones. I will be using the Botanicare line of nutes (pure blend, sweet, cal-mag+, liquid kharma, silica blast) mainly because I already have them.

2/16/10: 20 clones taken from mother
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-001.jpg   Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-004.jpg   Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-006.jpg  

preview of things to come, current ladies at day 26.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-010.jpg  

Day 2: Lights on 24 until flower, lights are 2 48" floro's with 2 40w cool white & 2 40w shop light bulbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-017.jpg  

crf70rider is offline Registered+
    so are you rooting the clones in just bubbly water or you have rooting hormone in the water

no, it's just tap water with base ppm of 105 ph'd to 6.0, I don't use hormones, sprays, domes or what not. Also there is no airstone or bubblers of any kind either although I may add an airstone once in veg phase. just 396 pump to pvc h with ez clone sprayers on 24/7. Usually have roots around day 7.

Day 3:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d3.jpg  

Day 4:
    Day 5:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d4.jpg   Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d5.jpg  

Day 6:
    Day 7:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d6.jpg   Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d7.jpg  

sccrocks is offline Registered+

Go Canada Go

Cool set up and will give it a try.

I live in BC and i have looked every where for the round plugs you are using for the lid.

What I ended up doing is cutting the holes at 1 1/2 inches and then used a thin pieces of hard foam and cut it into a circle and the put a split 3/4 way down to hold clone stem.

Well when I attempted this last time I could not get them clones to grow past 3 weeks and they would die. I thought it was because of the slit, but now i see yours up close, It can not be.

I am going to make mine same as yours and give it another go, I have lots of clones to test with.

I will keep my eye on your post and good growing.

Pay It Forward

Sully

Those are ez clone 2" foam plugs, you can get 50 on Ebay for $15 if there's no grow store around you. Or you could try and find Ricky & Julian, I'm sure they have a few extras.
    Last edited by metalarclemon; Feb-22-2010 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by metalarclemon View Post
    Those are ez clone 2" foam plugs, you can get 50 on Ebay for $15 if there's no grow store around you. Or you could try and find Ricky & Julian, I'm sure they have a few extras.
    Also those are in 2" net cups.

Day 8: Roots are just starting to sprout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d8.jpg   Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d8a.jpg  

Rubberbubbler is offline Registered+
    The clones look real good. Do you have to use a humidity doom over that cloner?

no, no domes or sprays, just out in the world. I may test spray a few or dome a few to see what happens.

martyrprojekt is offline Registered+
    Your girls are looking great...I am impressed with your aero setup. I like the simplicity. Sometimes we tend to over-complicate things here.

Good job so far...I will be watching to see the results!
    --------------------------

Happy Growing

-Martyr Projekt

--------------------------

Day 9:
    Day 10:
    Had a power strip fail in the middle of the night, clones were without water or light for a good 3 hours. After they were back on all stood back up and are looking good, we'll see. I have another mother set aside if they don't recover. the ones with roots will be fine, I'm just not sure about the others although they all did stand back up. There's always an unknown variable to look out for. Anyhoo, here's a couple more pics and 1 of the roots so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d9.jpg   Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d10.jpg   Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d10a.jpg  

Day 14: I'm still trying to recover from the power strip failure last week. only 1 is on the normal schedule and 4 others are starting to catch up, but the majority have no roots at all yet but are still standing tall so I'm just gonna try and wait them out for another week. If nothing happens by next week I will move the rooted babies and take a fresh cloner full and go from there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d14.jpg   Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d14a.jpg  

jtsik330 is offline Registered+
    So the water in the cloner is just always spraying at the bottom of the stems? I made a cloner with airstones and I stopped cloning because it was just a test run with male plants. But do I want water always dripping off of the stems? I have some sleestack skuncks that are just about ready to clone but I don't know whether the cloner or soil would be betteR? Have you ever tried cloning in soil? What results did you like better if you have?

Quote Originally Posted by jtsik330 View Post
    So the water in the cloner is just always spraying at the bottom of the stems? I made a cloner with airstones and I stopped cloning because it was just a test run with male plants. But do I want water always dripping off of the stems? I have some sleestack skuncks that are just about ready to clone but I don't know whether the cloner or soil would be betteR? Have you ever tried cloning in soil? What results did you like better if you have?
    Yes the cloner has the ez clone misters in it and just sprays upward at the cuttings. I used to clone with the jiffy pellets, hormone gel, and heating pad in a humidity dome, and that worked ok too. Usually the dirt clones took longer to root and the added expense wasn't wortrh it. With this set up there is no growing medium at all just 2" net cups and 2" foam plugs. This is simple and hassle free (most of the time lol) and requires no sprays domes hormones or the like plain tap water ph'ed to 6.0 with a usual success rate of 100%.

tinytoon is offline Registered+
    no domes or spray, do you have any idea what the humidity is in the room your cloner is in??
    If you have something productive to say by all means speak up, if not then please close the hole under your nose.
    Grow in Progress - Forced into retirement, advise only. ........................................ maybe
    All pictures are either computer generated or "found" on the web.

LOC NAR on probation is offline Registered+
    Your room max's at 78f.

what is your water temps ? swings high and low ?

Day 16: Well, a few more have sprouted, as you can see some have roots already in the water while some of the others are still recovering from their little episode. I usually start feeding them veg nutes today, but I will have to move the rooted ones if I want to do that so I'm just gonna wait another few days then sort through them.

The Humidity in the closet with the cloner hovers right around 43% but some days over 50 and some uder 40 depending on the RH of the house.

The water temp in the cloner stays a little high because the pump stays on 24 7 in the first few weeks and stays right about 79F.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d16.jpg   Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-d16a.jpg  

redtails is offline Registered+
    Is there any paticular reason why you're flowering in the NFT?
    Take everything said with a grain of salt, nobody knows everything and everybody knows nothing.

The set up was simple and it's easy to use and trouble free. This next flower cycle will have the tubes retrofitted with the ez clone sprayers inside instead of just being water in one end and drained out the other they will have the misters inside spraying on a cycle of 1min on 4min off.

one of the current girls finishing up, almost done mostly cloudy trichomes and some ambers. Probably get the axe in a week. this is day 41, nice and fast finisher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sensi Seeds Super Skunk Grow-003.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast