Cannabis.com

Thread: PH down..how much do I use?

scottcc5s is offline Registered+

PH down..how much do I use?

I bought some PH down, bottle does not give me directions on amount to use per gallon. My tap water is 7, looking to get down to 6. Just water for my mother plant that's in soil right now.

How much PH down do I use per gallon?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

moody420 is offline Registered+
    did you get the ph tester drops and guide with it? Both the up and down are very strong! You only need a drop or two to raise/lower ph. Add a drop in your watering container and check the ph....if you need more, add a little more. But just a little at a time as that stuff is really potent. And wear gloves! I made the mistake on not wearing gloves and got some down on my fingertip.....it's been over 2 months and it still isnt healed all the way! be careful!
    Mellow mood has got me, darlin'.
    Let the music rock me, darlin'.
    'Cause I got your love, darlin'.
    Love, sweet love, darlin'.

tinytoon is offline Registered+
    hmmm I better stop getting that stuff on my fingers then. Pretty much impossible to say what I do will work for you since our water is no doubt different but my tap is at 7.0 and 16 drops of down in a gallon puts me at 5.8 and thats were I run.
    If you have something productive to say by all means speak up, if not then please close the hole under your nose.
    Grow in Progress - Forced into retirement, advise only. ........................................ maybe
    All pictures are either computer generated or "found" on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by tinytoon View Post
    hmmm I better stop getting that stuff on my fingers then. Pretty much impossible to say what I do will work for you since our water is no doubt different but my tap is at 7.0 and 16 drops of down in a gallon puts me at 5.8 and thats were I run.
    My water is 7 so I will start off with 10 drops or so per gallon and check it with my meter and then go from there. Thanks for the tip

Bongojaz is offline Registered+
    trying to adjust the ph of 1 gallon of plain water is a pain. you may want to use 2 or 3 gallons instead.

demoreal is offline Registered+
    It all depends on the alkalinity of your water. Read the ph management article in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by demoreal View Post
    It all depends on the alkalinity of your water. Read the ph management article in my sig.
    Thanks, pretty detailed stuff. Appreciate the info and will need to read it a few times.

Horsemanrocks is offline Registered+

It's a moving target

Scott,

You posted in the hydro section….so I’m going on the supposition that beyond the ph’ing for your mother plant that you will be using this information in a hydro setup.

My situation is very similar in the respect that my tap water is 7 (sometimes) it actually varies between summer and winter….in the winter it can actually be closer to 6.5.

So let’s imagine that you add 10 drops to 7.0 water and you come up 6.2…..now you wait a day and as the water outgases the ph will rise to lets say 6.6….that is the result of the deacidification or out gassing of the water.

I’m a bucket guy…..I do a nute change out. I add the water, nutes, and ph down to let’s say 5.7……I check again later and the ph has risen to 5.9….I correct to 5.7 and before bed the ph is back up to 6.1…again I correct to 5.7 and the next morning it’s back to 6.2. Sounds crazy right? But as the water outgases each time it takes less and less ph down to get the desired correction.

In the buckets are airstones…and I push a lot of air through the buckets and the res/controller (which speeds outgasing). And it still takes at least two days for the ph to stabilize.

I am actually trying to answer your question…..I’m simply trying to convey that not only are you trying to hit a moving target…..but that it takes a different amount of correction each time to hit it.

Here’s a link on outgasing that may or may not help:
    http://www.lenne-schule.de/fachb/Was...tsaeuerung.htm

I hope that in some way, shape, or form that this adds to your understanding,

As known,
    HMR
    http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...cognition.html

I've always felt that anything worth doing well,
    is too damn hard.....WeeZard

nutes first

I suggest you guys first mix your nutes and then check the pH.
    Most nutrients will stabilize the pH.
    It does not make much sense checking the pH of almost pure water and then stabilizing it. After you add all your nutrients stabilizing is not a problem.
    i
    Last edited by demoreal; Apr-30-2010 at 04:18.

Bongojaz is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by demoreal View Post
    I suggest you guys first mix your nutes and then check the pH. Most nutrients will stabilize the pH. It does not make much sense checking the pH of almost pure water and then stabilizing it. After you add all your nutrients stabilizing is not a problem.i
    ^^^what he said!^^^
    you want as little ph up/down, in your mix as possible. i don't even use ph up. i use pro-tekt for that.

Thanks guys, good feedback and will be back with more needs in the help my ass out area. Getting my ebb/flow setup this weekend, clones should be ready to roll next week.

same here

Quote Originally Posted by Bongojaz View Post
    ^^^what he said!^^^
    you want as little ph up/down, in your mix as possible. i don't even use ph up. i use pro-tekt for that.
    I use the same stuff for up