Cannabis.com

Thread: How much water is too much??

jenabean is offline Registered

How much water is too much??

I have a budding plant in a 5 gallon bucket. I never was quite sure how much water should be in the bucket. Above the roots or right below the roots? Any help is appreciated.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

KIMJONGIL is offline Registered+
    I water it until the soil is moist - NOT WET!!!

that's most important. And I sometimes like to let the soil dry just a little bit before I water again. I think the plants like that.

It is hydroponic plant so there is no soil. Just wondering how far up the bucket the water should be. Thanks.

tinytoon is offline Registered+
    my 5 gallon dwc buckets have a 6" netbasket and run 3 gallons of water.
    If you have something productive to say by all means speak up, if not then please close the hole under your nose.
    Grow in Progress - Forced into retirement, advise only. ........................................ maybe
    All pictures are either computer generated or "found" on the web.

MaryJayne420 is offline Registered+

This works for me...

Quote Originally Posted by jenabean View Post
    I have a budding plant in a 5 gallon bucket. I never was quite sure how much water should be in the bucket. Above the roots or right below the roots? Any help is appreciated.
    I run a DWC 5 gallon system and i put 4.2 gallons of water in there with the basket filled with Hydroton. I make sure that the water never raises above 1/4 of an inch above the rockwool cube that is surrounded by Hydroton rocks. Once the root expands, it will reach towards the bottom of the bucket.

I keep my water/nute solution slightly visible so I can see the bubbles just below the top of the Hydroton. The plant will eventually find it's way to the source of the water/nutes by itself.

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJayne420 View Post
    I run a DWC 5 gallon system and i put 4.2 gallons of water in there with the basket filled with Hydroton. I make sure that the water never raises above 1/4 of an inch above the rockwool cube that is surrounded by Hydroton rocks. Once the root expands, it will reach towards the bottom of the bucket.

I keep my water/nute solution slightly visible so I can see the bubbles just below the top of the Hydroton. The plant will eventually find it's way to the source of the water/nutes by itself.

Hope this helps...
    Thanks. This helped. I must have had the level too high this whole time.

Thanks for your info. Is there a post noobs can refer to that would have information like "Hydroponics for Dummies"?