Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Grow - start to finish

gtscruggs is offline Registered

First Grow - start to finish

tHIS IS MY FIRST GROW! i'M GOING TO NEED HELP FROM THE EXPERTS OUT THERE! i HAVE READ 2 BOOKS SO FAR AND THINK i HAVE HAVE A REASONABLE GRASP OF WHAT HAS TO BE DONE FOR OPTIMUM GROWTH RATE AND YEILD. i WILL POST DAILY PICS AND UPDATES. pLEASE RESPOND WITH ANY CRIT. OR q'S.

1. ORDERED WHITE RINO FROM AMSTERDAM STILL WAITING FOR SEEDS BUT, THE GROW CLOSET IS SET UP AND EAGERLY WAITING THEIR ARRIVAL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Grow - start to finish-dscf0317.jpg   First Grow - start to finish-dscf0319.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

friendowl is offline Registered+
    looks like you did your homework.
    good luck and im on my second grow
    white widow from nirvana and c99 from female.nl
    and like ten bagseed for experiments.
    your grow room looks willing and able.
    good luck

Thanks, will continue to post with devel. Have some swag junk seeds that I'm germinating now. Still waiting on white rino from amsterdam. Should I just use the junk for a test run?

LOC NAR1958 is offline Registered+
    Dr. Chronic is a real good place to order from, get them fast too. Looks good, you got it ready. I would go with the bag seed now and get a test run. It will help you tune it in. The bag seed will be 10 times better when you grow it. Keep us up.

I will continue to germ the bag seed and give it a test run.
    Thanks LOC,
    cheers.

Has anyone ever ordered from buydutchseeds.com?

LOC NAR1958 is offline Registered+
    No but the Doc hasn't let me down and deals for a lot of breeders.

latewood is offline Banned
    good idea to grow the schwagg 1st...have a test run...I did this and learned 'tons' destroyed a couple plants (7) out of 18 the 1st go round.

Glad it wasn't paid for genetics...great idea.lw

Hey,
    I got the White Rino from Buydutchseeds.com in the mail and I'm germing them now.

I am germing them in a wet papertowel inside of a ziploc. They are being kept in a warm dark place. Is this the correct method? I put the SWAG SEEDS in this method to germ over two weeks ago a nothing yet. What am I doing wrong?

CHEERS
    gtscruggs

turtle420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by gtscruggs
    I am germing them in a wet papertowel inside of a ziploc. They are being kept in a warm dark place. Is this the correct method? I put the SWAG SEEDS in this method to germ over two weeks ago a nothing yet. What am I doing wrong?
    Yeah, correct method.

As to the non-germinating swag seeds... they where probably duds.

These White Rinos will surely pop. Mine did in about 24 hours!

connisuer is offline Registered
    nice looking setup, post some stats about it, couldnt tell what type of light that was but if it is HID your going to run into some heat issues, those type of hoods arent to good for small enclosures, i run a super sun 2 air cooled by sunlight supply and i hooked my exhaust up to it and i can actually stick my hand inside the hood enclosure and its not even hot inside,

also have you looked into mylar? you may run into hot spots with the aluminum foil i also found a report on another board where test were done with a light meter against mylar, aluminum foil, and white paint and beleive it or not your better off with white paint than aluminum foil, look up mylar on ebay you can get very cheap

not trien to pick you apart but beleive me its all love man, i dont wanna see ya make mistakes i have, its def no fun to veg a plant for 3 weeks to wake up to it bent over burnt to a crisp

also please post some dimension, do you just plan on growing one plant? you can def utilize more of that space you got

I'm using a EZ hydrokit bought on e-Bay for $150.00. The bulb is a 125W reb and blue spectrum bulb that turns inside of the housing to point the spectrum you want down towards the plant.

I used foil because it was what I had availible and so far after testing for about three days the room never exceeded 80 Degrees. Usually depending on day or night the rooms temp is averaged out to be 76 Degrees. The buld is great for small spaces that is why I went with this dual spectrum bulb.

I might utilitze the space with 2 additional plants. I figured I might run into problems with only having one plant. The likellyhood of having a female is very low if I only grow one plant. I figured if the plants growing in soil were female and the plant growing hyroponically was male I would get rid of it and transplant one of the females to hydro for the flowering process. The room is 4 X 2 X 6.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Grow - start to finish-dscf0351.jpg   First Grow - start to finish-dscf0353.jpg  

The White Snoop is offline Registered+
    Nice bulb...but why not get a MH or a HPS? a 1000 watt w/ hood costs 150 on ebay. .
    But yeah thats a great veg bulb

connisuer is offline Registered
    that light is perfect for veg however i would look into a hps for flower or you will be flowering for like 3 months just to get itty bitty buds, if you only plan on keeping it a small setup you can pick up an 150watt hps setup for like 50-100 bucks just look around, also keep your eye out for a mh, nothing beats a mh/hps combo

and another thing about your setup, if you plan on switching a soil grown plant to hydro you must fully rinse the roots cause soil has bacteria that will contaminate your resivior, is there any way you can cut a few holes in your current setup to accomodate more plants? your hydro will def outgrow your soil so you will always have one dragging behind, plus you dont want to pull up roots after you have determined sex you will most definatley shock your lady, maybe into hermie or wors death, by the time she's flowering she'll have a fully developed root system

also dude you can grow way more in your setup my room is only 3x2x8 and i grow 4 plants

keep postin your progress

In all honesty this ia more of an experimental first grow. I'm reading the books and taking my time to learn this art solo (w/ all of your valued help of -course ;o().
    I'm hoping to have a lady sprout the first time. While luck has a lot to do with it; weighing your concerns has put my mind into a state of re-thinking. Maybe I should try this solo plant first to get the skill set down.

BTW: I have read that you can transfer a soil plant to a hydro if your take the proper steps first:
    (after pulling the root system free from it's home ot)
    1. Use a 5.5ph solution to break away the soil
    2. after the soil has been washed away almost completely, transfer the nearly full grown rooting to the bottom of your net pot.
    2. Add a generous amount of rocks and water with ph 5.8 until flowering begins.

I think I will try this 2 plant meth. as a fail safe. The room really isn't big enough, with the light that I'm using, to go with more than two plants.

Confusious say, "Small buds are better than none, and two buds are better than one".

CHEERS,

Hey,
    I just thought:
    BRAIN FART!
    If any of the first three are females, I will just clone them for an optimum second harvest. No transplant is ness! Although it would be a great experiment!

CHEERS,

I checked the WR seeds today and 2 of four are starting to crack. Prob. two more days until I can transplant to rock-wool inside the grow room.
    I read that the seeds should be placed with the white root facing down just below the top of the rock-wool. After initially placing the seed on top of the rock wool you should water well for a week with the 5.8 ph solution.

Am I going in the right direction?

MaryjaneMenehune is offline Registered+
    yeah. You've got the right idea with the rockwool...just make sure to soak it first and get the pH at the optimum level. Also, as to a reflective material, you can buy space blankets at any sporting goods store pretty cheap. They are made from mylar, but they just come in 5'x8' rectangles. Look in the camping section. As to cracking the seeds, you can pre crack them if you are very careful, or an easier method is to just notch a small chip into them so the water can penetrate the shell and the seedling will start to expand. I had some old bagseeds for my first grow...I placed them into warm water to start until they sank, then into a moist warm tissue surrounded by tin foil for a day and a half(by heater). i think 75 percent of them cracked at that point, the other few i left in the tissue and all but one cracked in the next day.
    good luck
    Last edited by MaryjaneMenehune; Mar-16-2006 at 17:17.
    peace, -mjm
    I will not be held liable for anything...ever.

I don't know everybody...... It has been an un-godly amount of time and the seeds did not germ. I have officially moved onto plan B. I cut a 2" square of rockwool and soaked it in 5.5 for about 5 hours. I then placed 2 seeds about 1/2" below the surface.

The room is at 80 deg. and is fully lit. I assumed the lighting wouldn't matter because the rockwoll eliminates about 90% of light penetration. I will keep everyone up on any changes. The posts may be speratic, but nothing has happened. Once the grow actually starts, I will update about every other day. This is officially Day 7 since I have placed the seeds in the rockwool. We shall C!

Emerica420 is offline Registered
    what are those two things on the sides? Humidifiers?

latewood is offline Banned
    very nice info all around.

I would like to add, that I no longer germinate with paper towel method. I now put seed right in damp rapid rooter and spritz it 2-3 times daily...takes barely 3 sometimes 4-5
    days and I have sprouts...I personally feel this is the most effective method available nowadays. (remember. back in the day, when paper towel method was the best, there were no rapid rooters)
    You might want to give them a try. Jmho lw

Quote Originally Posted by latewood
    very nice info all around.

I would like to add, that I no longer germinate with paper towel method. I now put seed right in damp rapid rooter and spritz it 2-3 times daily...takes barely 3 sometimes 4-5
    days and I have sprouts...I personally feel this is the most effective method available nowadays. (remember. back in the day, when paper towel method was the best, there were no rapid rooters)
    You might want to give them a try. Jmho lw
    Those sound pretty interesting... perhaps I'm just not up to par with all of the products on the market today, but that sounds like a good investment if you get strong sprouts quickly. I've been using superthrive in my grows from the first water on and it seems to stimulate growth pretty well. How would these two products stack up in comparison or is that like comparing apples to oranges?
    As to fixing your problem, I saw a pretty good thread on growing from seed, let me see if i can find it...
    Help I can't manage to get beyond seedlings!!!
    It comes courtesy of some experienced folks here on the site.
    That may be of some help. Hope it works out.
    Last edited by MaryjaneMenehune; Apr-13-2006 at 09:47.
    peace, -mjm

The two things on the side are:
    Left: Ionnizer - essentially creates positivlty charged air particles. Therfore, removing air impurities in the grow room.

Right: Humidifier: boosting the humidity level inside the room for optimum hum. output to the plant.

cheers,

Thanks MJM,

I basically followed their instruction to the tee; BTW: I got my info from a few well known hydro authors, and the info is basically the same, thats why this site/forum is the joint! Anyway, It's day 13 for the rockwool experiment and I have just switched to warm darkness inside the room with a 18 hour wet cycle.

Let See!
    cheers,

You may want to check out Gen's comments on starting in perlite...I started a few in peat pellets and a few in perlite (with some vermiculite on top to prevent algae growth). Im happy with the results. shots are a week or so after germination. I just used a yogurt container with holes in the bottom. The container is placed in a shallow dish filled with water. I transfer the yogurt containers to a dwc system when they can start taking nutes. Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Grow - start to finish-ass1-012.jpg   First Grow - start to finish-ass1-013.jpg  
    Last edited by MaryjaneMenehune; Apr-18-2006 at 11:22.
    peace, -mjm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast