Cannabis.com

Thread: Net Pot Size

CrusadeBoxer is offline Registered+

Net Pot Size

How big of a net pot should I use for a DWC setup. In a 5gallon bucket. What is the best size for the roots. What is the best kind?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

karmaxul is offline Banned
    The heavey duty 4 inch are good. You can drop 1 or two inch ones that you used for clones into the 4 inch or six inch. The opening size of the heavey duty is not that great for perlite or cocofiber. Alot depends on how large you want your plant to finish at.

One love
    c

I want my plants to finish as big and as strong as they can. Should I still get the 4 inch ones. Also, what is the best grow medium mix to use. I heard that grox and Coco Something are the best mixture ever.

friendowl is offline Registered+
    i got 9 inch net pots that fit
    perfectly over my 5 gallon bux.
    they even snap shut.
    drill a lil hole on the side
    for tubing and air stone and your set.
    i love to lift the lid and see all the pretty
    white roots.hydro is the shit.

If you want indivisual small buckets with more smaller plants here is a link for cylinder air stones that are 1inch by .5 inch. There are so many ways to build a bubbler aero setup. You dont need tons of cocofiber in the mix. Micro organisms which ad to flavor and growth need organic matter to live on. I wonder if you could powderize it and dust your roots with it.
    http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1141781853271
    One love
    c

Zandor is offline Registered+
    friendowl is correct. They make a net pot for just that reason. If you can't fine one of those you can use a one gallon bucket and drill a bunch of holes in it. You would need to have a PVC pipe or net pot to give it strength but that would give you a bunch of room to grow. When people grow KBS (trees) they have one 5 gallon bucket per plant and use lava rock so the plant has a good strong root system.

Just another idea to think about.
    Peace
    Zandor

If you go cheap you grow cheap. - Me

Why Lava rock. And not something elese. I just might your lava rock ,cocotek, and hydrotron. in each pot.

try balancing a mushroom with no soil. a thin base needs wieght depending on the size of the plant
    I think that would be a good mix for a bubbler system.
    I would only use the lava rocks if you need the wieght there are other ways to secure a net cup for a large plant. I dig many small plants myself. with aero you can get a ounce a plant in a 9inch square area with a 12 inch plant.

One love
    c

The roots need support and room for air around them. That's why grow rocks or lava rocks work the best. Rockwool would stay to wet and may cause problems.
    Peace
    Zandor

Can some body post a pic. I am not sure how to put the net pots in the media. How will the roots stay. I will have the media in the buckets and the net pots in the media. Should I also put the media in the net pots.

5 gallon bucket on floor
    net pot placed over bucket
    fill net pot 1/2 way with hydroton or whatever
    place rooted seedling/clone in pot
    fill up the net pot
    keep water level about an inch above the
    bottom of pot.
    keep bubbles on at all time
    the roots will grow out of the net pot
    to the water.
    lower water level when roots grow.
    very easy

Friendowl:

Should I still do that for this kind of setup http://www.hg420.com/printthread.php?t=3072

man why you ask questions you know the answer to

thanks

If you are putting lava rock or grow rocks in the buckets why do you need the net pots? The idea of the net pot is to hold the grow medium in place and let the roots grow through out it. Don't forget with that type of system you need to have a net pot or someting else to hold the bucket up out of the water sitting in the botton of your res bucket. Don't forget the air supply in each res bucket.
    Peace
    Zandor

So I just plant the sprouted seed into the medium just like I would if it was soil. I am new to this any little tips ideas or anything would be great.

You sprout the seed in the rock wool cube. You need to soak the Rockwool cube in Ph adjusted water of 5.2 for 24 hours before you use it.

Once the seedling has rooted you pick it up and move it Rockwool and all to the net pot. You fill the net pot about 3/4 full with the grow rocks then place the Rockwool with the plant in the center and fill the rest of the way around the plant with more grow rocks. The roots will grow through the grow rocks and through the net pot as well.
    Peace
    Zandor

I am not going to use net pots. I am going to use lava rocks coctek and hydrotron as the medium and sprout it outa one of those and just let it grow. Isn't that what you said in this

If you are putting lava rock or grow rocks in the buckets why do you need the net pots? The idea of the net pot is to hold the grow medium in place and let the roots grow through out it. Don't forget with that type of system you need to have a net pot or someting else to hold the bucket up out of the water sitting in the botton of your res bucket. Don't forget the air supply in each res bucket.