Cannabis.com

Thread: Co2 Injection During Flowering

Co2 Injection During Flowering

Is Co2 injection just as important during flowering as it is during veg?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Opie Yutts is offline Registered+
    My understanding is that it is not very important during veg, but extremely important during flower.

Never tried it, but I want to.
    PLEASE STOP BY MY FOGGING THREAD
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

LOC NAR1958 is offline Registered+
    No C02 for veg only when flowering ans only when the lights are on.Oh and they must be MH or HPS, won't work with fluro's. Wish I had it to use also. Also not in a house where people live, it can flood all oxy out and drowned you.

Zandor is offline Registered+
    If you use enhanced COČ during veg & flower your plants will grower quicker and grow larger. I like to run my COČ generator in veg & flower cycle. Starting with day one of veg from clone and all the way to the last day of harvest.

Hope that helps you decide.
    Peace
    Zandor

If you go cheap you grow cheap. - Me

bongerstonerd00d is offline Registered+

Zandor ???

What level do you try to maintain <ppm>, and , what do you control with? I am thinking of getting a controller from BGH that has the photo sensor eye on it so I do not waste CO2 during darkness. I have read it can increase yield by up to 50%, do you find that to be the case? Thanks.

b0nger

turtle420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bongerstonerd00d
    What level do you try to maintain <ppm>, and , what do you control with? I am thinking of getting a controller from BGH that has the photo sensor eye on it so I do not waste CO2 during darkness. I have read it can increase yield by up to 50%, do you find that to be the case? Thanks.

b0nger
    I'm not Z... but...

I think he runs 1500ppm... or he might go crazy some days and run 1800ppm... not sure... I would go with the 1500 figure.

As to what controller he uses... I'm not 100% sure, but I know he loooves the C.A.P. controllers. BGH carries them.

And as to the 50% yield increase... sorry man... no idea there.... it'll definitely INCREASE the yield... but I don't know how much.

Hey Turtle

Thanks for the info, I had read 1200-1500 ppm, and to keep fans off for around 4 or so hours, then do a total air exchange.

later,
    b0nger

redneck1 is offline Registered+
    during flower i run 1800ppm, and maintain 82 degrees, humidity is fifty percenty, plus or minus a couple. on a well set up grow, you can expect about a 25% increase in yield. make sure if you want to use a c02 burner, that you take in to account the amount of heat generated inside your room. so upsize your ac accordingly.

turtle420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bongerstonerd00d
    Thanks for the info, I had read 1200-1500 ppm, and to keep fans off for around 4 or so hours, then do a total air exchange.
    You would definitely want to keep your EXHAUST fans turned OFF during CO2.

But you need fans inside the grow room MOVING air around... CO2 is heavier than air... and it will drop to the ground.... and your plants grow up... not down...

As to the 4hour cycle... I don't know if it's the best, but it sounds good!

I agree completely

Exhaust off, I am going to use a Green Air controller for the CO2 and the exhaust fan. I will have 4 wall mounted oscillating fans to keep the air and C02 moving around hopefully. I do not know where I read the "4 hour air exchange method", Turtle, but I have hand written notes on it, so I know it is legit. Plus I have built my grow room inside of a room basically. It is 8x6x8 and if you farted in there, you could come back 3 days later and smell it. I overkilled it on airtightness (is that a word?). I used blue board, plastic (2 layers, plywood, T111, plus I insulated it all on the inside, all wired with its own panel box and receptables, yada yada yada. My day job is a mechanical engineer, so I am a dickhead when it comes to detail I guess. And, I only do shit the right way, which should work to my advantage in this hobby. I hope Zandor can offer some insight to us also.

peace bro,
    b0nger

P.S. And I was not lying when I said I never grew before. This will be my first grow after I get my room/cabinet/palace done. I'll show y'all soon what it looks like. Ole lady has a camera, but all I can take pik's of is my thumb. I am photo challenged I think.......lol

I know where you are coming from about doing things the right way. It takes a little longer the first time, but you don't have to do it over or waste time suffering the consequences. People say that I am a perfectionist but I just don't see it. Come to my house and look at the mess. It is difficult for me, but I am trying to be more sloppy about my craftsmanship whenever possible.

This is so true:
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Co2 is a major concern during design. I thought I could just add it later, not really thinking much about it. Now that I understand about how ventalation is used with co2, I must redo my whole set up in order to add it.
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

yaarea41510 is offline Registered
    I don't use co2 but i've heard it does increase yield no doubt about that. However I've also heard that if you have a good enough air circulation/ventilation..you really don't need co2...but hey don't listen to what I'm sayin..I say get the co2..the more the merrier..ahhaha

Oakland, CA.......The Land of "Grandaddy Purp" sMoKe Up!!!!

I was out of town for a few days this week. Turtle is correct with his information as well.

The increase I have noticed over many years of using COČ is about 30% more in yield but it's the cut in time I like more. A 30% increase and shortened cycle will give you 1.5 more crops over a 12-month period. You need to figure that factor in your math when you want to know how much COČ will increase your yield. Think in terms more of annual yield and the 30% for each crop add up fast at the end of the year.

There is about 300-ppm in the air to start with so by adding 1500-ppm you get apx 1800-ppm of enhanced COČ. The idea is to reach and hold that level for about 4 hours then swap out the air and start all over again.
    Peace
    Zandor

1.5 more crops over a 12-month period

I like that. Where do I sign up?

hydroponicphx is offline Registered+
    I'm definitely planning for the CO2 with the box I'm planning. I think I've got something figured out I just need to draw it up and post it here for some more good ideas. I wanna see this change in growth first hand!
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Jdog7000 is offline Registered+
    What size Co2 generator do you have Zandor?
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

I have one small CD-3 and one medium one CD-6. When I move I may need a larger one the CD-36 but as I don't know where that will be I can't decide just yet if I need to upgrade or not.
    Peace
    Zandor