Cannabis.com

Thread: My Flood and Drain Volume 1

RaisingupKillBill is offline Registered

My Flood and Drain Volume 1

Hey everybody!! I have been on these message boards for quite some time looking and researching our beloved plant. Welp I got my resources together and decided to give it a shot for myself. They popped on October 1 and haven't looked back since. I hope anybody who reads this finds it useful and I would appreciate any comments good or bad or even any questions about any specifics.

Oh and by the way I was recently told that I lie entirely too much and infact everything that I really do is a lie.... like what you just read above

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Pics please! Is it a DIY flood/drain? Those are my faves. Funniest one I ever saw was by user trippruss in a kiddie wading pool.

Okay here goes... I started with this plan: http://hydroponicsonline.com/11plan01.htm and built it my 3' x 3' specifications.

I ran 3 flourescent lights during seedling growth and early vegetative before switching over to my 400 Watt HPS.

My nutrients/additives are as follows:
    Neptune's Harvest Organic Liquid Seaweed (0-0-2)
    Dyna-Gro Hi-N-Pro (10-5-5)
    General Hydroponics Chi Foliar Spray
    Botanicare Liquid Karma
    General Hydroponics FloraNova Bloom
    Superthrive
    Hydrogen Peroxide
    General Hydroponics pH up and pH down

and

I am using a Milwaukee 3-1 ph, TDS, EC meter
    Oh and by the way I was recently told that I lie entirely too much and infact everything that I really do is a lie.... like what you just read above

Okay.... here goes

On 10/1 seeds that had been actually plucked from some killer outdoor this summer were beginning germination:

1. dropped in pH balanced water
    2. they cracked and they were placed on paper towel in plastic bag
    3. make sure bag stays in a dark place and somewhat damp
    4. when they shed their outer membranes then they were planted in 2/3 perlite 1/3 vermiculite solo cups and placed under 24 hours flourescent lighting.

Yes a DIY with 2 liters, pvc. etc. .... loads and loads of pics and a few videos just based on the interests

PHP Code:
    Oh and by the way I was recently told that I lie entirely too much and infact everything that I really do is a lie.... like what you just read above 
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-10-3-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-10-5-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-10-8-.jpg  

My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-10.jpg  
    Last edited by RaisingupKillBill; Nov-03-2006 at 15:29.

Moving on Moving on..... Six days later on October 16 these pics were taken.

Not much to this early stage... just got constant light and keep it mainly to foliar feeding at this time.... foliar feed is gallon of H20, 1 cap of Liquid Seaweed and then 1 DROP of superthrive.. They love it a lot.. (a gallon usually lasts over a week i'd say)

Also... an small oscillating fan is always on as well... Ventilation pics come with the HPS pics

PHP Code:
    Oh and by the way I was recently told that I lie entirely too much and infact everything that I really do is a lie.... like what you just read above 
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-16-2-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-16-1-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-16-5-.jpg  

My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-16-3-.jpg  

Okay here is 10-19 and the

CANDLE IS ON!!... holes have been poked in the cups and lava rocks at the bottom of the 2 liters to hold the plants even to the edge.

I have used velcro to stick a white shower curtain to cover the doorway... as you can see, the bottom has been cut out to the shape of my big round fan and the fan is always on because it is such a small space..... another fan(not pictured) blows fresh air in through a hole in the wall.

The Light in on an 18-6 timer and the water timer is watering for 30 minutes and then is idle for an hour and repeats until the light cuts off for the night.

PHP Code:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-19-1-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-19-3-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-19-6-.jpg  

My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-19.jpg  

crazywill is offline Registered+
    Hi riseingupkillbill
    Looks real nice set up.But I would get some black plastic and velcro for the door.You want to block out the light in the dark period.
    That's my 2 cents

yo crazywill appreciate the advice and and I was thinking of buying some panda paper from the hydro store .... isnt it white on one side and black on the other???

Well anyways here is another update.... I am trying to catch up with real time

These pics are from 10-23 and by the way...

pH, EC, PPMs, Temp(water and air) are measured and recorded with any other comments or any feeding or anything for that matter in a handy little notebook... I realize that if i am going to do it then i better do it right and so far my comments and measurements have helped tremendously.... DAILY

PHP Code:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-23-1-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-23-2-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-23-3-.jpg  

My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-23-4-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-23.jpg  

crazywill is offline Registered+
    You got it ,You can always look back at your logs to see what you did when you did it.I checked that hydro out on a site a few moons ago.The only thing I would do is use some net pots with 1.5"x1.5" rockwool cubes and clay pellets.Less of chance of the meduin getting in the res and pluging things up.
    but they do look good.Keep up the good work.

Yea true, but it isn't shown in the pics, but panty hose type stockings were used to cover up the overflow pipe and it is cleaned weekly and it filters out everything basically.... BUT my water has gradually gotten crummy looking, but pH and ppms are okay and the plants are. I assume its just stuff that accumulates from fertilizers and when I switch the water over to bloom formula then it will start clean and gradually get a little crummy again

And here are October 29 Pics...... You can see a definate growth since 10-23... I Like that the plants are short and bushy and not tall because vertical space is definately limited..... preparation for LST is also a factor as well.

** IF ANYBODY READS THIS AND KNOWS ABOUT INDICA VS SATIVA PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK THESE MAY BE***

Just based on characteristics I would say sativa... I hope they are girls

PHP Code:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-29-6-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-29.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-29-2-.jpg  

My Flood and Drain Volume 1-october-29-4-.jpg  

misk is offline Registered+
    dude ur plants look overwatered
    and those containers look a lil small

but nice grow
    m i s k o n e y 0
    token shroom tripper

Yea you might be right about the overwatering ... I should probably cut my timer off to a few less times per day and allow more of that oxygen in there but knowing my luck i would cut it back too much and they would completely dry out or something lol

yea the small cups are to limit the sizes of the plants because my vertical spacing is not much at all... the holes in the sides of the cups have roots hanging out growing into lava rock.

Okay and here are November 1st Pics.... Note: HPS throws the coloring of the plants off a little bit

PHP Code:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Flood and Drain Volume 1-nov-1-10-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-nov-1-11-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-nov-1-1-.jpg  

My Flood and Drain Volume 1-nov-1-6-.jpg  

InsomniaBomber420 is offline Registered+
    Man I wish I could grow some dro, but Im too poor and inexperianced for that(Im only on my 1st grow and I dont think its going too good)

Okay here are Nov 3 pictures.... i have shown a pic of the clip type things we have rigged up to help us hold our plants over

PHP Code:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Flood and Drain Volume 1-nov-3-2-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-nov-3-3-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-nov-3-9-.jpg  

My Flood and Drain Volume 1-nov-3-10-.jpg   My Flood and Drain Volume 1-nov-3.jpg  

biff is offline Registered+

Hey man,

I have the same type of DIY hydro setup. Your plants are over watered not because of your watering schedule but because of the growing medium. next time try putting then in the netpots with the hydroton and you'll have much better results.

Perp is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingupKillBill View Post
    Just based on characteristics I would say sativa... I hope they are girls
    Your plants are predominantly indica.

Abattoir Dream is offline Registered+
    yeh... lol thats not sativa lol
    I'm THE Abattoir, abnormal abnormalities
    I have fantasies, while i blab formalities
    and stab happy families in the back with fat calories,
    I'm broke still lookin for contracts and salaries..
    I can, stick to this, ill be doin this forever,
    I tell a fella never to fuck when im under weather
    I severe an acapella, punch holes in a portrait
    preserve words of gold in pottasium sorbate...