Cannabis.com

Thread: can vinegar be used if you run out of ph down

HAPPYBUDDER is offline Registered

can vinegar be used if you run out of ph down

Just as the title can it be used or will it harm the plants, im using dwc the ph is at 7.3 and i dont have more ph down ?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

JackdaWack is offline Registered+
    yea some one told me to use white distilled vinegar
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that your not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin

We don't have rights, it's just that simple.

The best way to accomplish anything is through education.

Smoke WEEED

BONG0 is offline Registered+
    or use a lemon
    For Great Grow Guides on Cost Efficient crops from Start to Finish & A 30% Discount on top quality seeds from Amsterdam Visit: Discount Cannabis

Watch BONG0s Grow Video

JackdaWack is offline Registered+
    i didnt have vinigar to use so i used lemon and it turned my res water an awful color lol. i stick with the store ph up/down, but i ran out so i used it for 1-2days and i changed the res water right after i bought some more ph down. It does work and it didnt have any neg effect.
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that your not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin

We don't have rights, it's just that simple.

The best way to accomplish anything is through education.

Smoke WEEED

mountainman is offline Registered+
    Vinegar is fine, since it's pure and has no sugars, just grain based acid. However I would discourage anyone from using lemon as sugars fed straight to the roots can be damaging. I like vinegar in my ph doser because it's the cheapest and easiest solution.

latewood is offline Banned
    right on...I used vinegar once...

try to get your phdown asap though. It is much more stable. peace

crazywill is offline Registered+
    Hey all
    I have a frend that works at a water treatment plant and we were talking about PH of hydro and soil.When he ask what I use to PH the water,and I said White Distilled Vinegar.He said excellent,but only white distilled vinegar and bakeing soda its more organic and nice to the plants.The guys 74 yrs
    and 45yrs treating water.This one is cool has a phd and is high up in the brain dept.but dosen't like all the egg heads he went to school with,he sooner hang out with us poeple lower on the food chain.So if he said its ok I'll try it. Well thats my two cents. Peace

latewood is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywill View Post
    Hey all
    I have a frend that works at a water treatment plant and we were talking about PH of hydro and soil.When he ask what I use to PH the water,and I said White Distilled Vinegar.He said excellent,but only white distilled vinegar and bakeing soda its more organic and nice to the plants.The guys 74 yrs
    and 45yrs treating water.This one is cool has a phd and is high up in the brain dept.but dosen't like all the egg heads he went to school with,he sooner hang out with us poeple lower on the food chain.So if he said its ok I'll try it. Well thats my two cents. Peace
    just adding for clarification...vinegar for ph down
    baking soda for ph up.