Cannabis.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: # of plants to res size

GodBud is offline Registered+
    LW...I appreciate the love man. I am sure Alaric is very good at what he does so no dissing him on this end but I agree that putting my valuable beans straight to hydroton is rolling the dice for a newb. I guess I could experiment with bag seed and see what happens when planting directly to hydroton because I dont care about losing those seeds but I have researched germinating until my head hurts and it seems to me that the paper towel method is the best. I agree in that I dont have to buy a rainforest or something like that. I am tapped out on spending money on this project. I have what I need to get started and now it just boils down to getting the beans to sprout successfuly. What about this LW, what if I made a little cavity in the center of the pot and then fill it with a mixture of moist per/ver mix about 1/2 to 1" deep and put the bean down in that about 5 mm with a slow drip, or do the same thing but use shredded RW. Just enough to get the bean to take root. I know you will probably say why not just start the bean in RW then wait for the roots to show out the bottom then place the whole cube in the pot. If thats the case I feel that leaves more room for error for a newb. I would really like to start the bean in the pot that way there will be less disturbance. What do you think LW....

Thanks bro!

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Alaric is offline Registered+

Greetings Latewood,

Yeah right...commercial growers all over the world use rockwool or oasis cubes for propagation (so I'm sure we shouldn't use them) and yes, there are methods, where you sow seeds right into rocks...(lettuce) but, I would not advise this with your valuable pot seeds.

At least not until you have some experience. Keep in mind, that you are new growers...Until you learn a solid propagation method and grow a couple grows; the ideas suggested by Alaric here could cost you seeds.

You do not need any machine to clone or propagate seeds...That is total BS.

I tried all kinds of cloners and different medium starter cubes.
    rockwool or rapid rooters, or peat pellets are the easiest and fastest way to propagate. Don't get caught up in trying methods suggested by someone out of the blue. (unless you have seeds to waste)

It really sucks that on Xmas I have to read some guy suggesting
    "forget rockwool" in a thread where I am trying to mentor a young grower. We all want to help and suggest alternative methods to new growers, but Godbud already had a homemade drip...So how about letting me teach him how to use it. HUh?

Alaric is offline Registered+

Greetings Latewood,

I hope you're enjoying the holidays

>>1000 watts after all is 1000 watts<<

Don't agree sir----and here's why:

The reason four 250W hps lights WILL NOT produce nearly as much as a single 1KW hps is INTENSITY.

>>Yeah right...commercial growers all over the world use rockwool or oasis cubes for propagation (so I'm sure we shouldn't use them)<<

Yes-----and with success, but the reasons I don't are:

1) don't like disposal of---- and replinishment of----hate anything that can't be reused.
    2) rockwool and cause stem rot in waterculture if too damp and throw your ph off

>>and yes, there are methods, where you sow seeds right into rocks...<<

Actually, it's one seed per 2 inch netpot filled with growrocks-----a rainforest model 242 (42 two inch netpots placed in holes in the lid, a motor spins a shaft slighty submerged into the tub filled with adjusted nute solution slinging nutes to keep the growrocks wet--------my favorite way of starting seed because after the seed has sprouted and developed about a 3" root system they were transfered to the mediumless aero 6" tubes.

>>(lettuce) but, I would not advise this with your valuable pot seeds.<<

You certainly have a right to your opinion.

>>the ideas suggested by Alaric here could cost you seeds.<<

That's the last thing I want to have happed-----I wouldn't offer my suggestion if I wouln't feel comfortable doing it myself-------based on my experience.

>>You do not need any machine to clone or propagate seeds...That is total BS. <<

Most respectfully disagree sir-----and here's why:

Simplicity-------In my MEDIUMLESS aero system I kept mothers with just their roots hanging down into the nutes oxygenated with an airstone. Clones were taken and placed in an aero clonner (no medium again)------after a small root system formed-------placed into 6" pvc tubes where the roots were sprayed with nutes (no medium again)--------only extranious plant material to dispoved of---------I like that.

>>Don't get caught up in trying methods suggested by someone out of the blue. (unless you have seeds to waste)<<

Yes I agree------you should ask "why" do you believe that-----is it based on experience?------

>>It really sucks that on Xmas I have to read some guy suggesting
    "forget rockwool" in a thread where I am trying to mentor a young grower.<<

I appoligize-----didn't mean to step on "your turf".

>>We all want to help and suggest alternative methods to new growers, but Godbud already had a homemade drip...So how about letting me teach him how to use it. HUh?<<

I think that should be up to him-----don't you----- based on WHY we offer our opinions-----unless you are godbud to?

Latewood, the threads I've read here are like going back in time compared to the knowledge presented on overgrow and cannabisworld.

Alaric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12