Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 6 weeks of flowering and no buds

tundra is offline Registered

Post 6 weeks of flowering and no buds

its been 6 weeks and its like its growing slow, it might be lack of light, , but on some bud sites the hairs are turing brown and makes no sense cus its not even close to harvest. i just started giving it fox farm big bloom but i might of put to much,. or maybe it was gettin root rot from the plant that died,
    im growing on a 10 gal bubbleponics.

i took some pics let me know what i can do,

Blue Mystic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0251.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0252.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0255.jpg  

6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0256.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0259.jpg  
    Last edited by tundra; Jun-21-2010 at 00:58.

khyberkitsune is offline Banned
    Is this 6 weeks from seed? If so, then all is proceeding normally. just wait.

from seed veg for 8 weeks
    and its been on flowering, for 37 days, it looks small for 6 weeks if you ask me,
    months till harvest is 9-11 weeks, blue mystic
    you think i should cut of fan leaves that are blockin the light and some bud sites?

on one of my plant i see brown hairs you know why that is? ad it dont even have the bud yet,

must be a slow bloomer.
    i got em on cfl lights , they must not be gettin enuff light

Quote Originally Posted by tundra View Post
    and its been on flowering, for 37 days, it looks small for 6 weeks if you ask me,
    you think i should cut of fan leaves that are blockin the light and some bud sites?

on one of my plant i see brown hairs you know why that is? ad it dont even have the bud yet,

must be a slow bloomer.
    It's not even 6 weeks of real flowering yet. it takes abotu two weeks for enough hormone for real bud production to begin, and those are looking fine. It's about time they began to swell, in fact.

Be patient. There's much more to come.

The brown hairs just happen. This is normal. It is not an indicator of ripeness.

So the brown hairs is normal, i thought maybe they getting too much heat , should i put the fans higher maybe cus air isnt blowing at the pistils, maybe thats why they growing slow, yea so some plants ever grow slow like this one?
    is fox farm big bloom good nutes?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0254.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0255.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0266.jpg  

6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0272.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0274.jpg  

Just keep the airflow good and make sure you don't overfeed.

And yes, it's a good fertilizer.

TheChameleon is offline Registered+

must be a slow bloomer.
    CFL's will produce lighter more airy buds so you are correct... don't take out the fan leaves they are vital to the plants growing process... Your plants look healthy and that is the kind of smoke you want... I use FF Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom once a week,,, The stuff is great!!! Initially you will get some brown hairs,,, totally normal it doesn't mean anything...
    For Sale
    One Used Violin

You think that its blooming slow because the fans arnt blowing at the bud sites, its ate the bottom so its blowin at the main stem. so maybe if i face it so the fan is blowing at the pistils they will get stronger,.. nice thinkin there. thanks. i leave the fans on 24/7 but they are pc fans.
    yea i got a sodium light but no ballast and my electric bill is high as it is.

what about if i put a fence around the plants, will that train the buds?
    i was thinkin on doing that but im not sure how that works

yea this is my first gro, they were all females, all five, but 2 got left behind and the leaves block'd the light and they died, im not sure if they got root rot cus i left them in and they was dead, i pulled them out later when i thought about it, they roots were brown,
    but the ones that are alive their roots arn not white how they was en veg. they are like a tan color now. well not sure what it is, cus theres no slimy brown stuff and thats what you get when its root rot.
    ill take a pic later when the lights are on
    oh yea
    you say you got give them big bloom. like how much you give them?
    like you know the cap of big bloom, well i would fill it and and add to each gallon, maybe thats too much huh?
    but its says with big bloom you really cant over feed the plant the more the marrier well maybe you can. i put five gallons of water each time i change it, but sense i cant move the plant cus when i did the some started to bend down, so i use the water pump to pump the water out and i just add it again. but it might still have some nutes from last feeding..
    get at me

2 lights one is a 7000 LUMEN~500w13" it is full spectrum 5000k
    it is the biggest cfl avail. don;t really know how many watts it really is sense its cfl . i think its 105 watts
    and the other one is a 6500K Spectrum
    200 WaTTS oF PoWeR OuTPuT
    Last edited by tundra; Jun-21-2010 at 20:55.

it is the biggest cfl avail. don;t really know how many watts it really is sense its cfl . i think its 105 watts
    200w CFL. That's actually not too bad.

I would put the fans blowing across the tops of the plants, this helps remove heat buildup from leaf tissues and keeps the cells cooler for more optimal growth rates.

And your CFLs should yield you some FROSTY buds if they're those color temps.

gypski is offline Registered+
    You think that its blooming slow because the fans arnt blowing at the bud sites, its ate the bottom so its blowin at the main stem. so maybe if i face it so the fan is blowing at the pistils they will get stronger,.. nice thinkin there. thanks. i leave the fans on 24/7 but they are pc fans.
    yea i got a sodium light but no ballast and my electric bill is high as it is.

what about if i put a fence around the plants, will that train the buds?
    i was thinkin on doing that but im not sure how that works

yea this is my first gro, they were all females, all five, but 2 got left behind and the leaves block'd the light and they died, im not sure if they got root rot cus i left them in and they was dead, i pulled them out later when i thought about it, they roots were brown,
    but the ones that are alive their roots arn not white how they was en veg. they are like a tan color now. well not sure what it is, cus theres no slimy brown stuff and thats what you get when its root rot.
    ill take a pic later when the lights are on
    oh yea
    you say you got give them big bloom. like how much you give them?
    like you know the cap of big bloom, well i would fill it and and add to each gallon, maybe thats too much huh?
    but its says with big bloom you really cant over feed the plant the more the marrier well maybe you can. i put five gallons of water each time i change it, but sense i cant move the plant cus when i did the some started to bend down, so i use the water pump to pump the water out and i just add it again. but it might still have some nutes from last feeding..
    get at me
    Big Bloom calls for 4 tablespoons per gallon, and Grow Big calls for 2-3 teaspoons. Different sizes. There are 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon. I use Grow Big half measure since it burned a couple of plants out of 15 I have although they all got the same nute feeding w/Big Bloom full measure. And you should be feeding Tiger Bloom with the Big Bloom now. And Tiger Bloom uses teaspoon measures too.

thanks... yea i just put the fans so the air is blowing at the bud sites. the pistils. see what happends. about nutes i only got big bloom, dont got bloom tiger. for veg i was givin it schultz plant food.
    heres pics of the root system, let me know if everything looks ok
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0270.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0252.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0255.jpg  

6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0256.jpg  

You're fine, typical root discoloration from the nutes.

I'd like to see more close-up bud shots. See how you're already frosting out, even on the stems of fan leaves in your bud shot up there? I didn't get that until I added 6500K into the equation. The top buds under the HPS got large but not very frosty, and the lower buds turned snowy.

TheChameleon is offline Registered+
    Big bloom is really not made for a stand alone nute it works better as a add on to Tiger Bloom and Grow Big... The rate on the bottle is strong and if conditions are not perfect it will burn your babies... I do soil and follow the feeding schedule for soil with great success... here is the feeding schedule for hydro...

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/hydrofeed.pdf
    For Sale
    One Used Violin

took them today . i gaved it less nutes this time, but why arnt the buds getting swole?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0265.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0255.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0260.jpg  

6 weeks of flowering and no buds-pict0259.jpg  

rageisnotbad is offline Registered
    Hey I'm wondering what happened to this grow I'm having similar issues with my grow they are not swelling

Slevinkal is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by rageisnotbad View Post
    Hey I'm wondering what happened to this grow I'm having similar issues with my grow they are not swelling
    How long has it been since you switched to flowering?
    - CanComs Troubleshooting form
    - First grow from seed - in flower
    - First grow from clone - clipped 10/19
    - Books - Lots of info

I had a sort of a mentor early on and he said "The only stupid answer is the answer never given". - Ocotillo

Disclaimer: I do not engage nor condone any illegal activity. All posts, in part or full, are part of a roll playing game.

spacedust33 is offline Registered

Your Tripin Over Nothing

I have used Fox Farms products for years and years.Some people swear by more expensive nutes,but I have found that are compleatelly not nessasary.Your plants look great just the way they are.If you are in doubt about the amount of nutes your feeding your plants,it's perfectly fine to cut back the dosage a little.All plants slow in growth when they begin to bud so don't worry about it.NEVER NEVER cut fan leaves from your plant!!!If you think you are not getting enough light to your buds it is acceptable to carefully bend and loosely tie your fan leaves out of the way,but you NEVER cut fan leaves.It can be difficult,but patience is the key!

spacedust33 is offline Registered

Oh But They Will

took them today . i gaved it less nutes this time, but why arnt the buds getting swole?
    Patience!!! They will swell.That seems to be the hardest part for people when they finnally get buds.Remember those buds need a crap load more light than your vegging plant did.Get them lights down on them buds as close as you can without burning your plant,you will be glad you did when it's time to harvest.

jon420 is offline Registered+
    Here are pictures of my CFL grow. I have all of the lights within a couple inches of and assorted throughout the plants and this only the 21st day of flowering. Pictures do no justice for size bud almost all of the bud sites are atleast as fat as a quarter. My tops on one plant are about the size of a half dollar. Very dense bud production so far, very pleased. It looks like it snows powdered sugar every day cause they are getting very frosty.

Say what you want but I believe CFL's are capable of doing what HPS can do if used properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 weeks of flowering and no buds-031-3-.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-030-3-.jpg   6 weeks of flowering and no buds-029-3-.jpg  

6 weeks of flowering and no buds-022-4-.jpg  
    Last edited by jon420; Dec-18-2010 at 19:59.
    Shovelhandle likes this.

docherbalist is offline Registered

Wink Color Spectrum

If you're in flowering then you should aim for a lower spectrum like 2700k-3000k. Light output is good, but the color spectrum is very important as well.

mattj12pint2 is offline Registered+
    if u can, let me know how they came out. i also have blue mystic, and im going into the flowering stage today, just wondering how urs turned out

sativaforever is offline Registered
    dude your plants are growing so slow because you do not have the necessary lumen output, that is light. your plants are growing as if they were outdoors and it was cloudy every day. if you veg 4-6 weeks from the time it pops out of the dirt at 18/6 then switch to 12/12 for flower, it should take no more than ten weeks for your plants to finish. and ten weeks would be more of a hard core sativa. most strains finish in six to eight weeks indoor. your plants will only put out what you put in. a good way to check if your plants are getting enough light and proper nutrients is to look at the largest fan leaf. count the number of segments it has. nine is really healthy, ten is happens on a rare occasion. but if your big beatiful fan leaves have nine segments, then its likely your providing what the plant needs. peace

ThePinkJina is offline Registered+
    LOL this post is 2 years old

Kevin_00 is offline Registered+

Ph Checking

I suggest a photo period of 10 Hours and a heavier feeding schedule Feed twice a week perhaps Monday and Thursday, perhaps even change Budding nutrients,,,check Ph/EC and most plants should be 6.5-6.9 and also do a Ph of the h2o you water with,,,had a problem with my both hydro and soil back in 2008 when the fires really screwed up the Ph by disturbing the water table when all the fire vehicles were pumping water from everywhere, nothing would bloom and the smoke would cloud the sky. Be cautious check the Ph get back to me..

Kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast