Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother Plant Issues!!!!

mike024 is offline Registered+

Mother Plant Issues!!!!

Hey everyone its been a bit since ive been able to post a thread but i still been checking in. I have some issues with my mother plants I put some pics up of them and the space Im working with. Hopefully you guys can make some suggestions possibly enlighten me of the best way to care for a few mother plants. I need about 60 clones every 7 weeks and Im having trouble figuring the best way to do it. Any help you guys can provide will be great!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mother Plant Issues!!!!-000_0047.jpg   Mother Plant Issues!!!!-000_0048.jpg   Mother Plant Issues!!!!-000_0051.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

I dont know Im thinking it could be from lack of light and/or nutes. Lemme know what you guys think thanks

invision is offline Registered+
    did you ever flower out that WW??

i dont know about those plants man lets start with what is your PH?

Garden Knowm is offline Registered+
    Hi MIKE

I agree with invision... pH or rootbound would be my first guess...

2 healthy mothers under fluorescents should give you 100 clones every 4 weeks..

Mothers require minimal nutrients... cheers

cheers
    GARDEN KNOWM

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 -5 - 4...

Nice to see you guys are still here thanks for the posts. Ph is rt at 6.7 I was thinkin root bound too after reading up today around here I think Im gon put them in 5 gal. buckets but I been using pro mix and now all i have is some foxfarm planting mix and I dont wanna mixem. Idk anyone know if I could somehow use hydroton in some way to repot these big girls in? It sound stupid but the $40 itll cost me for another bag of soil I dont need isnt worth it to me. How would be the best way to get 100 or so clones off 2 plants every 2 weeks? Btw the WW got kinda fucked up I didnt feedem enough cuz i tht they were nute burnt but turns out it was just the ph so they never got to impressive. Getting better tho im runnin a 4x4 ebb and flow table now. Hope I get some good replies!

Garden Knowm is offline Registered+
    You can mix the soils and you can and should put 1/2 inch of hydroton clay rocks at the bottom of your container... drainage..

cheers
    GARDEN KNOWM

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 -5 - 4...

So I called my hydro store and of course he said "oh well you need a 400w mh light those flouros will never do" I dont have $240 to put up for that rt now so I went to home depot and grabbed another 4ft flouro and moved my clones into an old cab and lowered the flouros rt to my moms and future moms. I snapped a few quick pix so feel free to verbally abuse me for the shotty lookin setup but any suggestions would help me out big time here. You will see a little experiment cloner I built cost me about $25 to make and I think its workin so far. Lemme know any ideas you think will help thanks again!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mother Plant Issues!!!!-000_0054.jpg   Mother Plant Issues!!!!-000_0053.jpg   Mother Plant Issues!!!!-000_0052.jpg  

oh yea I forgot in a couple weeks Im gonna be getting a clone machine from Groclone.com It looks like a real practical setup thats easy to manage and dont cost me $400 If anyone has any experience with this cloner let me know what you think or check it out here at groclone.com Peace!!

duh my bad

Im way to blazed to be operating a computer its growclone.com sorry guys

u.g.u is offline Registered+
    my guess would be a salt build up that is probaly the most common problem with moms people forget how long you keep them for and never flush em out get some clearex a nd flush em. also T5's work great for moms I have had my moms under t5's for at least 4 years before that I used an hps never again for moms t5's have a better spectrum and alot less heat

bump!

dusto2k3 is offline Registered+
    i had troubles with mine, FLUSHED her, and BOOOOM, she was back.
    "I might be an idiot, but I'm not stupid." - Self

"man who goes to bed with ichy bum wakes up with smelly finger" - xxxhazexxx

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Couple comments-
    1) your grow store is full of beans; moms are fine under flouros and so is your checkbook.
    2) likely culprit= salt toxicity and pH fuckulation leading to multiple nutrient lockout with burning.
    Everyone who said FLUSH is right on.

My own suggestions/advice:
    1) Flush
    2) Time for some cannazyme or hygrozyme to alleviate all the crap that occurs when a plant has been in the same pot too long... dead old root matter taking up space and locking up available carbon, etc.
    3) If you can repot in even slightly larger pots your plants will thank you
    4) Personally I see no need to keep largish mothers; you should consider cloning yourself a bunch of replacements for them, then repotting the moms in big pots, and flowering them as bush monsters.
    Just my several cents.
    It is going to be tough to get good clones off those moms anyways while they are stressed with the salt thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mike024 View Post
    oh yea I forgot in a couple weeks Im gonna be getting a clone machine from Groclone.com
    !
    Waste of money IMO.
    Go grab yourself a bunch of rapid-rooters, some clonex, and a seedling heat mat. F'real. You can have a professional-caliber cloning setup for like $40 US. I just sold my stupid ez cloner.
    The guy who runs the local fert shop gave me a bunch of rapidrooters and was like, no, seriously, try these, and I'm approaching 100% survival. Under advanced techniques my method is posted in 2 different threads.

I thought about using the rapid rooters or even just rockwool cubes I just thought it would be easier all the way around to use a machine cuz Im gonna need 64 every 6-7 weeks. Idk maybe I will just fold and use cubes or rooters. First I gotta get the moms back in shape. Im gonna flush them all real good and see how they do, I did pick up 2 5 gallon buckets so I may spring for the extra promix and repot them this weekend. I decided to snap a few shots of my new flower room to show you guys. Lemme know what you think the humidity is my only worry as far as environment its just under 70% all the time and I have my rez covered the temp is steady at 75 and 65 at night. I put the big plant in there to test the room and see how she did, pretty damn good from what I see and I also had 7 clones I put in there to see how they react to ppm and water temp and so on. I plan on putting in 64 clones and vegging them for about 7-10 days just to start new growth and have 64 little girls that hopefully put out around an ounce per. Lemme know any thoughts or comments thanks for the help guys!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mother Plant Issues!!!!-000_0054.jpg   Mother Plant Issues!!!!-000_0055.jpg   Mother Plant Issues!!!!-000_0056.jpg  

also I am worried about one thing....I have these 7 lil girls and the one bigger girl that shd be ready in ehh 4 weeks or so. Is there any way they would not go hermie if I got the rest of my clones ready and chngd the light to 18/6 for about 7-10 days? I dont wanna waste the 7 I got there or the buds Ill get from the big sis but I gotta get the 64 goin soon. HELP!!!! I feel like such a dumbass with this sometimes. Peace!!

Quote Originally Posted by mike024 View Post
    Is there any way they would not go hermie if I got the rest of my clones ready and chngd the light to 18/6 for about 7-10 days? !!
    Too risky IMO.
    Get your clones going in another room under flouros.
    you HAVE to get the 64 going? You sound like a cashcropper
    Rapid rooters work better than rockwool in my experience.

I originally wanted to do a sog type setup where I could add 16 plants every two weeks and have a continuous supply but the nutrient levels would be impossible if I had plants 2 weeks from harvest at 1500ppm and had to add babies they would burn so Im going all 64 at once to be able to veg and start flower in the same room/setup. Any ideas how I could get the clones to start new growth in another room without a huge setup? whats too risky? lol I know its crazy but Its actually in a room that technically doesnt exist. lol dont ask.

ooohhh to risky to chng the light i gotcha!!

bump.....

Dude seriously why do you keep bumping?
    There's a whole cloning thread under advanced that was just posted like a couple days ago.
    I stuck this long-assed instructions there.
    There's only so many times per week I enjoy typing out a tutorial about cloning!

thanks for the direction to the cloning tutorial... im thinking that would be the best easiest way to clone for my financial situation at the moment. im sorry for bumping the thread I just like to get multiple opinions from people but the threads you have about cloning are very detailed and should prove helpful. I did flush my mothers pretty good yesterday and they are already looking better I just wish I had a well drawn out plan like the cloning on how to keep the mothers alive for a while and in good health. I think I should be able to peice that together with what Ive read on the forums. Thanks again!!

dusto2k3 is offline Registered+
    read the bonzai mom thread, i don;t fell like searching, but it's here somewhere

that might not be how bonzai is spelled in the thread
    "I might be an idiot, but I'm not stupid." - Self

"man who goes to bed with ichy bum wakes up with smelly finger" - xxxhazexxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast