Thread: Night time Temperature

Tomthehippie is offline Registered+

Arrow Night time Temperature

Night time Temperature

Quite a plan and simple question this one. Why do we need to change the temp of the garden at night?

What bonuses are there for dropping the temp to say 15-19 as suggested?

Does the plant benefit? And if so why? Why wouldn’t the garden prefer a comfy temp of 23-25 24/7?

Looking for some proven Facts here!

kindprincess is offline Registered+
    a decrease in temp allows the plant a more natural cycle. outdoors, when the sun goes down, it cools off. other than that, i couldn't tell you. my temps drop anywhere from 5-12 degrees f at lights off.
    excerpts from greg green's cannabis grow bible http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-growing/94493-some-information-greg-greens-grow-bible-posted-kp-your-perusal.html

dreamgoddess partial log.... i might update this one day, as this became my #1 mom http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/95283-godbud-x-dreamweaver%3B-seed-clone.html

Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    KP YOU GO GIRL!!!

Zandor is offline Registered+
    Well may growers do keep a constant temperature through out their grow. They have A/C running 24/7 and keep their room with in a 3 degree swing over 24 hours. The idea is to keep it cool, not cold but then again its fine to have temperature swings in the 15 deg range as well. The cooler temperatures in the dark cycle does help the plant to move around minerals and nutrients a bit easer.

68f lights off to 72f lights on is just about right if that is what you are thinking.

Hope that help some.
    Peace
    Zandor

If you go cheap you grow cheap. - Me

KL4D4 is offline Registered+
    At night my temps dip down a few degrees below 70 about 65 at the coldest and then during the day when I go to class I jack the heat up to 70 and the temps are around 76 when I come back... never going over 79.

I was wondering if there would be an effect on the growth or not. I know when I vegged my plants with low temps around 65 the plant grew very very slowly, and as soon as I raised the temps things went a lot smoother.

Now that I'm a week into flowering I notice a good amount of growth as the plant becomes taller and bushier. I actually thought to myself I wonder if it getting colder at night than during the day is a good thing because thats the way things would be outside in nature.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WPhkkPkEM

The Pope says: after class you should follow her around mumbling like a crazy person and trying to touch her hair

Marijuana is a bad bad thing

Dr.Hashman is offline Registered+
    My temps are 80 in the day and 70 at night, It is working out ok.
    In Soviet Russia, Marijuana grows YOU!

biff is offline Registered+
    Hey everyone,

I pretty much agree with everyone when they say that a plant does benefit from lower temps at night. However some strains, more specifically the purple strains, when flowering them it's best to expose them to cold temps at night, the plant reachs peak resin production during this time due to it's genes, thats what also gives it a very nice purple/blue hue.

- mike
    Ultimately, were all dead men, sadly we cannot choose how, but, we CAN decide how we meet that end, in order that we are remembered...as men.