Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).

growinforthefuture is offline Registered+

Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).

I am looking to change up my ways so I decided to put my mind to something and do it right. What better thing to do than grow pot, and do it right.!?! well i got a little less than 5 months, but i got some 1 and a half month old plants, and a bunch of seeds i just planted for outdoor later. so here is what ive done so far in pics:
    so i obviously got the first few out of order. i had 2 flouro grow tubes, then 4, then 1 100 watt HPS then a diff 100 watt HPS, i am looking to get back the other 1000, yet another 100 and a metal halide that is either 400 or 600 or maybe even 1100. root bound yes i know... more to come on that next time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4618.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4493.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4499.jpg  

Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4641.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4643.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

repot

so i have repotted them... i know i am poor i could only manage one bag of soil.. i do got more pots though... i am actually just lazy and only felt like carrying one giant bag outta the store anyhow i used 4 parts Lowes signature professional potting soil, 1 part worm castings, 3 parts lava rock and 2 parts coconut husks, generally that was my recipe anyways. Tomorrow i am gonna get more pots, more dirt, and hopefully 50 clones. i got a light mover i am gonna install as well, and hopefully get some more wattage.

PS i meant to say 1000 watt HPS and MH, thats what i got...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4657.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4652.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4654.jpg  

Last edited by growinforthefuture; Mar-06-2007 at 01:36.

The.Devil.Himself is offline Registered+

hi there

Hey bud, just a suggestion, but tin-foil is very overrated... meaning it is one of the worst reflective materials in that it distorts the refraction of light into thousands of directions! Crippled-up tin-foil is the worst, you may want to consider white paint or you can get Mylar in the form of a emergency/heat blanket from a retail store like Target or K-Mart, etc for $2-$3!!! Mylar is the best, looks a lot like tin-foil but works a million times better at saving your unused light!

Good luck!

yeah i know

yeah i know, hence the shower curtain, i just had aluminum foil on hand from when they were under flouros.... i figured peices of crinkled up tinfoil were still slightly more reflective than insulation and old dirty wood. I need another shower curtain... or white paint. thanks though mate!

400 WATT Upgrade

Got a 400 watt MH today, running total of 1480 watts, i think the flouros are 40 a peice. 12/12 was started 3 days ago, one female showing. here are pics, still too lazy for reflectors, been eating too much LSD and DOC to concentrate on grow room contruction. I figured the 400 watt MH was better than reflectors anyhow, of course... reflectors AND the 100 and 400 would be even better.,... ANyhoW.. HERES SOME FRESH PICS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4690.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4698.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4684.jpg  

dusto2k3 is offline Registered+
    try adding some B1 to the water ans soil before you transplant. It helps reduce shock. I use it and have never seen such transplant shock
    "I might be an idiot, but I'm not stupid." - Self

"man who goes to bed with ichy bum wakes up with smelly finger" - xxxhazexxx

B1 huh

would it still help if i add B1 to the nute mix/water? also, does it look like there is over/under watering? over/under nutrienting, or anything else wrpong?

yeah, its good

let the plant get real dry, but not where it's showing wilting, then lift the pot and feel the weight. Then water well, and leave until the pot is at the weight you tested at the beginning (dry), now its time to water again. The soil needs to dry inbetween waterings.

How are they looking today?

Chronic Chrissy is offline Registered+
    I don't think you have trasplant shock. It looks to me like you are overwatering. I can offer you 2 methods to help avoid overwatering.
    1. Stick your finger in the soil about 3 inches down, if it is dry or almost dry it's time to water, if it is still moist give it another day.
    2. weight, pay attention to how heavy the pot is when it is dry, after a while you can pick up your pot and be able to tell if the plant needs water.

Another thing you can use instead of that tinfoil is shiny gift wrap, it's cheap and the backside with no print acts like mylar. Also glossy white paint is less reflective than flat white paint, so glossy shower curtains follow this fact.

You said in an earlier post that you want to do something right and that's growing these plants. So quit being lazy get off you ass and off the rat poison and take care of your plants, it only takes an hour a day. You get what you put in. Anyone can grow a plant, the more love you give your ladies the more love they give you come harvest time.
    Charlie Charlie Over And Out

My New Grow Log Noobs take a look at everything that can go wrong here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-problems.html

My Avatar is for my Puppies. In loving memory of Angel and MJ whose lives were cut far too short just for doing their job far too well. They are deeply loved, mourned and missed. I will love you guys always and forever.

Hey now, i know we don't talk about other psychedelics here and all but I must point out the distinction between beautiful, powerful psychedelics, and rat poison (strychnine), and yeah, i have settled with space blankets, i just didn't know what was gonna be the best idea, and i was putting my efforts into light acquisition. Not trying to be snappy or nothing..

and btw appreciate the advice, i think it is over watering, the problem is that different plants in different sizes and shapes of pots and at different stages of growth and at different distances from lights and fans have different watering needs and i tend to water them all even though only some need watering.

here is some pics from 9 this morning and a sample from a previous grow. I am following the same recipe as my friend did, only more wattage and different \genetics (although just as tasty), that nug coincidentally, came off a 10 inch high plant that yielded less that an eighth. It is bubblegum. tasted fantastic. it is on the front on the cannabible, so that is a printed picture of a nug on the front on the book at the lower right. Which would you rather smoke?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-p3090173.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-p3090172.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-p3090167.jpg  

Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-p3090171.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4649.jpg  

You can try to stack books under youur shorter plants to raise them to the light, As for the disfferent pot sizes and watering frequency you just have to check often and be very organized so you don't forget who got fed when, you'll pick a pattern out of it sooner or later.

My Avatar is for my Puppies. In loving memory of Angel and MJ whose lives were cut far too short just for doing their job far too well. They are deeply loved, mourned and missed. I will love you guys always and forever.

watering

Thanks Chrissy. good idea. i was gonna go get some chains and lower the lights a little maybe to dry them out faster., but raising the little guys is a better idea. I am gonna start maming charts and recording he watering and feeding cycles for each plant.
    PS I watered them lightly last night, then watered heavily with 2 parts Gen. Hydro FloroBloom to one part floroMicro, since we are now 4 days into flowering and they haven't been fed in like 4 days or so, then watered lightly to try to rinse the fertilizers off any leaves they might have got on.
    Last edited by growinforthefuture; Mar-10-2007 at 13:25. Reason: had to thank Chrissy

Draw up a calender, and put lables in all your plants. You don't need to water every few days, sometimes I go a week without watering, sometimes a day or two, at different stages of growth in different containers make the plants water requirements alter and change.

well i got me some reflectors, space blankets, that shower curtain has a sort of matte surface as opposed to glossy, and i think another few of then would have been a better investment. I also got another thermometer so i got 4 different temps at 3 corners and the center, and a humidity meter. seems to be about 70 % rh with lights out, 40% rh with lights on., and 70-75 as always.
    4/4 plants so far that have shown are females 13 still unknown. Next time i will show y'all the lil flowers. they are so pretty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4701.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4706.jpg  
    Last edited by growinforthefuture; Mar-10-2007 at 21:41.

Stylus is offline Registered+
    there really droopy man how many times a day/week are u watering?

i water like once or twice a week these days.. i had been watering more, then really slacked off.
    i guess i watered them too much during transplant any how. they have always been a tad droopy.
    WHAT IS WITH THE DROOP? I have noticed that it is closest to where i water/feed the plants from, maybe i am hittin these close plants too hard wtith the h20 and nutes. also the relative humidity in the grow area is 33% right now? is that a little on the low side?
    i am gonna start measuring up liquid based on pot size and plant size

do what i said, and you'll be fine. No need to draw up plans and shit, just dont be a 'tard and dont water too ofter, wait till its DRY. Dam, it not that tuff.

kindprincess is offline Registered+
    deff looks like a transplant shock, do what dusto say's (i'd rep, but alas, out of points) give them some b1 or liquid karma or superthrive, and you'll see an improvement within 24 hours.

good call dusto...
    excerpts from greg green's cannabis grow bible http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-growing/94493-some-information-greg-greens-grow-bible-posted-kp-your-perusal.html

dreamgoddess partial log.... i might update this one day, as this became my #1 mom http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/95283-godbud-x-dreamweaver-seed-clone.html

Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    KP YOU GO GIRL!!!

thanks, not itme to do now, had to go out of town, grow is on auto for 48 hours, apparently it won't bneed any water.. i got someone who is gonna check it out .... i'll ask him to possibly get one of those products. b1 i suppose would be the easiest to obtain. When the plants were transplanted an angry gf who wanted to sleep was "assissting" i think she did more harm than good. i told her that her energy was no good for them, (nor the agressive way she depotted them) I guess i should have just waited for the next day,

Didn't water for 3 days

And saw vast improvement. Here are some fresh pics. I am afraid the biggest plant is a male. The damn thing is situated in a way so that i cannot get to it without moving other plants. tomorrow i will confirm its gender. The other plants have produced at least 4 definite females (or at worst hermaphrodites), and thus far there is but one confirmed male. What is with the plant in this last picture? all of the other plants seemed to recover while this one and the one right behind it which died for some reason, have not. All in all it has been a productive 2 days of growth here at the farm, and I hope to post pics of the female flowers tomorrow morning. i am just too tired tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4784.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4788.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4782.jpg  

Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4786.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4787.jpg  

well i have removed 4 males, 2 of them were removed not a moment too soon, as their flowers were about to open (i think). anyhow, there are at least 3 females, and like 12 or so undecided, many of these are small plants, but i will be traveling to another part of the world in late may so the time to bud is now!
    QUESTION: Do male flowers typically develop faster and show before females? or am, I just having all males.

Yes they tend to pop out first

here are some pics of the pre-flowers on my female plants. it was hard to get pictures of them, but in real life you can see them. there are actually flowers on one of them, like little 3 calyx buds, but the pics i got of them were all too blurry. anyways i lowered my lights down about 10 inches... they are like 10-20 inches from the plants now, but it is cold as a witches tit outside so its nice and cool in there. the female flowers sure are slow to get going indoors. i guess i usually do not see my (outdoor) plants early in budding much, and not very often like i see these girls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4824.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4813.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4809.jpg  

Cold Temps slow growth

well after the unusually warm temperatures of the first week of flowering, the second featured sub-zero wind chills and snow. this caused the grow area to drop unexpectedly in temp. the low in there Saturday morning 1 hour after the lights went out, and immediately before i installed a heater was 43 degrees F. I have noticed a slowing in growth, but today the plants seem to be doing better. here are a few pics of the biggest plant and the undeveloped female flowers... come on girls do this shit! I have been watering every 3-4 days. hit them with the nutes, and then hit them with an equal amount of pure watr a few hours later, mostly on the edges of the containers to get an even moistness and prevent dry spots.

i think i'll get an ounce and half off that plant... what do y'all think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4840.jpg   Growing for my future. (My first sucessful grow) (i hope).-dscf4842.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast