Thread: SCROGGING

FUNKYRHINO is offline Registered+

SCROGGING

i need a lil advice im a new grower indoor hydro of course and have a question about scrogging well here is what im thinking .. right now i have about 400watts of flouros compact spectrum for veg and the same light i will use for flowering now i know they that flouros dont produce as many lumens as an hps and an hps is out of the question for me right now . So i was wondering that since im limited in light if scrogging would help at all with my flowering and yeild and what would it change if i did scrogg em as far as potency, yeild, flowering time any info on this would help me alot

GTC21 is offline Registered+
    The scrogging (screen of green) method is used when the grower has limited space.
    A net or chicken wire or similar is placed above the plants so when the plants grow through it they receive instant support. Plants are not usually grown very big with the scrog method, instead, lots of small plants are crammed into the space and flowered when they are still only small. The idea of it is to get a canopy of buds which all receive the same amount of light. It's probably the most efficient method for small grow rooms. The scrog method itself does not effect potency or flowering time, yield is effected because of the way the plants are grown.

hope this helped.

thanks gtc21 i have like 400 watts of floros thats why i considered in in a standing boxed in cabinet 6ft tall 44" wide 20" deep and am doing 8 plants in that small area and i figured with so little light that the scrogg method would work better for me or would it be ok to grow 8 without the scrogg . they ill be in a tray 36" wide 18" front to back 8" tall full of hydroton is it good enough with the light i have to not scrogg is the question

yo nobody can give me another opinion or what lol HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTC21 is offline Registered+

hi funky rhino...

If you're using fluoros then it would be best to keep the plants small like just have one main bud each and flower the plants very early. Fluorescent light does not penetrate foliage very well at all so it would be a waste of time growing bigger plants. If your grow area is 3 feet x 1 and a half feet then you could have 18 plants (3 rows of 6 plants), with each plant having a 6 inch square to grow in. You would have a single canopy of buds which you could keep the fluoros very close to; you'd have to make sure they were all the same height (all clones from the same plant).
    Have you got a mother plant from which to take clones from?

no i just started my first seedlings so no clones yet havent sexed them yet either . there not regular floros they are the compact spectrums . at about around 16,000 lumens so i figured they would be good thanks for your info it helps alot so your saying i should try the sea of green method wow this is a headache never figured it would be lol this hard to start them lol ill post a pic of the setup right now

here is the setup

i figured these spectrums would be good considering the amount of lumens they put out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SCROGGING-122_2222.jpg   SCROGGING-122_2230%5B1%5D.jpg  

Bspectral is offline Registered+
    keep them little ones on 24 hrs light to have the best growth and more buds later. put them a bit closer to ur light too. they should have been less than 1 inch away from ur light when they popped up. So in 2-3weeks put them at 12/12 to separate ur girls for a week,,,then train them or tie them down 90degrees

cool the light was closer but were havin a yellowin problem right now so we moved it up a bit one day they looked good the next day for some reason they wilted my buddy and i had them in vermiculite when this happend a couple leaves look almost dead a red color so we took the chance transplanted into miracle grow soil with its own nutes supply that is supposed to last 3 months i hope they fight back to stay strong

Bspectral is offline Registered+
    keep the light close and leave it there until ur plant is less than an inch from it

do you think that the miracle grow transplant was a good idea just curious