Cannabis.com

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HighTillIDie
  • 1 Post By GetThisOrDie

Thread: pot size

crucial conflict is offline Registered+

pot size

i've read a few threads about rootbound plant's. and i would like to know what would happen if i grew something like say northern lights in a 2 gallon pot for its whole life cycle. i know i wouldn't get the yeild i would've gotten with a bigger pot but would the plant die or anything like that.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

texas grass is offline Registered+
    transplant makes the plant grow healthier and faster and bigger, it is better to start small and go big when the plant shows signs of rootbound
    just tryin to live the good life with my friend and wife now its time to and stay and be a
    http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...-dankness.html
    complete guide to mothers clones and trimming roots http://www.cannabase.com/cl/index.html
    these last 2 links have most grow books to read http://greenmanspage.com/guides/ growmoreweed.com

khronik is offline Registered+
    In my experience, pot size correlates with a plant's resistance to stress. If you grow in a smaller pot and keep your grow room conditions ideal, your plant will probably do very well. On the converse, if you put your plant in a huge pot, you can probably get away with less control over your environment without having it effect your plant too much.

That being said, you probably won't have any major problems if you grow in a 2-gallon pot, but most growers prefer to spend a few bucks more for the extra bud.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Quote Originally Posted by khronik View Post
    In my experience, pot size correlates with a plant's resistance to stress.
    This is absolutely correct. And soil chemistry is easier to monitor in ample soil.
    Also, a larger pot with more space for roots means the plant can uptake more food and water and grow more vigorously, and ultimately support more mass, including bud mass.
    Allow yourself about a gallon of soil per foot of main stem on your plant.

I'm always sort of confused about pot size. They usually are sold in like a 10" pot. I use a couple 10" pots now. I think they're like 2-3 gals.

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+
    For what it's worth...I transplanted from 4", to 6", to 8" then 10" to start flowering. And harvested in the 10 inch pots.

When I transplanted into the 10 inch pots: I cut away about half of the white feeder roots and sliced into the root ball, from four directions with a sharp knife. It's not something I recommend to everyone, it's a Dutch thing. Never lost a leaf, and looking at the roots at harvest, the girls wasn't root bound....

Villui is offline Registered+
    i only use 5 gal buckets for my plants
    Peace Love

HighTillIDie is offline Registered+
    ...minimum size for any herb plant should be a 2.5gal. bucket...

MINIMUM DAMNIT!
    Brian Griffin likes this.

NorCalShooter is offline Registered
    you guys use smallass pots. my minimum pot size indoors is 10 gallon and outdoors 20 gallon...maybe thats why my yields,plant size,potency,ect is always 4X everyone else......

i grew an AK48 awhile back, started flowering it in a 10 gallon pot indoors when it was 14" and by the time it was done i got over 1lb off of it and it was 6ft tall.....go figure.
    Last edited by NorCalShooter; May-30-2010 at 13:49.

GetThisOrDie is offline Registered+
    from 14" to 6ft in flower? Got pics?
    Over 1lb from it? Got pics?
    4x everyone else? Got pics?
    burninginhell likes this.

DISCLAIMER: everything I post and say are lies. I am simply roleplaying. All photos were found on the internet and/or fake!! I do not grow or use anything illegal.

cowgirl1 is offline Registered+
    There is a video on youtub of a guy growing outdoors in CA and he is getting multi-pounds of his plants. I made a comment on his plants and he was a real ass when you wrote back. I was shocked. But I guess some people are just jerks.

However, his outside growing pots were freaking trash cans. I think I found the video by search large marijuana harvest or something like that

NorCalShooter is offline Registered
    yes, i can post some pix later this evening when i get a chance.

ive used 30 gallon plastic barrels with the top 10" cut out of them, and filled with soil outside.

multi=pounds arent anything new. i know one guy right this second who has 8 plants growing in 1/2 wine barrels in is basement that are flowering. each one right now has around 2+lbs on it, and they are still 3 1/2 weeks from cut and havent reached that last growth spurt yet.

hell, these are flowering inside and ill get more than a lb off each one first part of august.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...h6-19-2010.jpg