Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smoking99
  • 1 Post By M.B.A.
  • 1 Post By myounce

Thread: White Vinager & Baking soda makes co2

smoking99 is offline Registered

White Vinager & Baking soda makes co2

I learned this after a friend got busted buy a canister of co2. It works so well I'd like to share it. White vinegar $1.87 per gal. 2Lb. baking soda $1.00. So $2.87 makes a bunch of CO2 I can't tell you how much . I was absent the day they taught us that in school.
    You can use just a bucket. Pour in about an inch of vinegar into a clean bucket now throw in a few teaspoons of baking soda. BANG you have co2. It's really hard to give your plants to much co2. I go thru about a gal. of vinegar and two Lbs. of baking soda a week. In a 10 by 10 room the CO2 makes a big difference. Instead of a bucket you can get Fancy with a few milk jugs and aquarium tubing.
    OK Farmer likes this.

M.B.A. is offline Registered+
    i just found this out and did it today and i found the 1 for sugar-water w/yeast in it too
    OK Farmer likes this.

L Rag is offline Registered+
    Yeah bro vinegar is like ethanoic acid I think, which is like CH3COOH.. I think.. So that reacts with baking soda, sodium bicarbonate, NaHCO3..
    CH3COOH + NaHCO3 --> CH3COONa + H2O + CO2

Fuck that took ages lol
    greed is the killer
    and green is the colour you desire
    aggression at cost
    you fill up your pocket
    then your hatred fuels the fire

dont be so cold

lmdesade is offline Registered+
    People have done the vinegar for decades, fermentation, certain compost or spores do it as well, and some people even go to the trouble of spraying soda water. Straight co2 tanks are the easiest but they are expensive to get a setup at first.

Jerry Garcia 2007 is offline Registered+
    vinager baking soda is a sudden burst of CO2. if you have ventalation running, it will pull it out way to fast for the plant to benefit. If you do it in light off cycle you plant is not photosynthizing and CO2 is not absorbed. the best way is a constante slow source of CO2. Hence regulated bottle gas or fermantation methods work best.
    Everything I say in this forum is a lie or fiction, this is all for fun, any pictures I post are freely available on the Internet. I in no way condone the cultivation or use of marijuana, for recreational or medical purposes.

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...rt-finish.html
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...omb-seeds.html

privatepile is offline Registered+
    You could also fill a bowl of Baking soda and plave it on the ground.Then put your vinegar in to a bottle and hang it over head.Make a hole in the cork so that the vinegar drips out every few seconds.

Instead of having a burst of CO2 you will now have a constant slow source of CO2

Jerry Garcia 2007 is offline Registered+
    That will work if you can keep the drip down to 1 per 5 min. or more. otherwise it would seem still to be to fast.
    I may try an experiment!!
    2 liter soda bottle with pin hole and gallon milk bottel.
    You got me thinking now!!
    Everything I say in this forum is a lie or fiction, this is all for fun, any pictures I post are freely available on the Internet. I in no way condone the cultivation or use of marijuana, for recreational or medical purposes.

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...rt-finish.html
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...omb-seeds.html

privatepile is offline Registered+
    Best of luck.Let us know how you get on.

klondike_bar is offline Banned
    any co2 is likely to help

soobie05 is offline Registered+
    you let the co2 drop rite on top of the plant or into the soil? quick off topic question. Im using peatmoss with pearlite mixture about 2:1, anywas my plant is having trouble keeping up the ph, flushed it with around 6 phed water and flushed till soil read the same, but now its droped down to 2.5-3 any help ? thx guys

bstheory is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by soobie05 View Post
    you let the co2 drop rite on top of the plant or into the soil? quick off topic question. Im using peatmoss with pearlite mixture about 2:1, anywas my plant is having trouble keeping up the ph, flushed it with around 6 phed water and flushed till soil read the same, but now its droped down to 2.5-3 any help ? thx guys
    co2 is a gas, so just create it fairly close to the plant and it should suck that stuff right up
    a rolling stoner smokes his moss

soobie05 is offline Registered+
    so just put it ina cup and let it chill!? hha sik!

Doc 007 is offline Registered+
    That mix in a closed 2 liter bottle makes a heck of a noise maker. :P

Probably should warn people not to try this in small sealed containers.

myounce is offline Registered+
    just get ya block of dry ice couple days a week put over top of plants in open container little water helps cool while lites on bam C02 just my own version for indoor grow
    OK Farmer likes this.