Cannabis.com

Thread: Small Black Bugs

YungLocq is offline Registered+

Small Black Bugs

I got these really small black bugs on my weed plant its hard to see them you have to get up close but there on the leafs i have only seen two but are they good or bad for the plant and if there bad how do i get them off for good???

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

GaGrown is offline Registered+
    If they are very tiny and on the undersides of the leaves,then they are Mites!!!!!!!! Get some Neem Oil. Are they very tiny?

Ga Grown!
    Give a man a fish,you feed him for a day! Teach a man to fish you feed him for life!

Ga Grown

A wise Man Once said; "Reminds me of an old saying I just made up..."A good gardener learns how to treat their garden. A great gardener learns how to treat their garden when shit happens."

Rusty Trichome!

http://boards.cannabis.com/redirect-...g%2Findex.html

yeah there really small but there on the top of the leafs

Look at them with a magnifiying glass.Tell me what cha see?

Ga Grown!
    Give a man a fish,you feed him for a day! Teach a man to fish you feed him for life!

Ga Grown

A wise Man Once said; "Reminds me of an old saying I just made up..."A good gardener learns how to treat their garden. A great gardener learns how to treat their garden when shit happens."

Rusty Trichome!

jnewkid is offline Registered

Do they fly or crawl?

I just dealt with gnats. They are black and tiny too. If you end up with gnats (that fly), you can use a spray with Pyrethrin or diatomaceous earth on top of your soil. Common cause is over watering, in my case I was flushing.

if they are mites. good luck, haven't had that adventure yet.

Heres a pic of what they look like. They crawl all over the leafs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small Black Bugs-vnew_m4.gif  

They are so small you can hardly see them

Mites,kinda look like spiders,somewhat. That is a mite.here is a pic of 2 different kinds of mites. Neem oil will destroy the cycle in about a week to 14 days.

Ga Grown!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small Black Bugs-1-13.jpg  

Ga Grown

Rusty Trichome!

Thanx goin to get some neem oil. What do mites do to the plant

Suck the life out of it.. Like a VAMPIRE sucks blood. They peirce the wall of the leaves and suck the vitals from the plant.Leaving little brown specks on all your pretty fanned out leaves. They suck! When you get the neem oil.Either buy an emulsifier with it.pro-tekt. 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of neem oil mixed....Or not. Dish soap,1 drop per gal. of neem oil mix.

Ga Grown!

Ga Grown

Rusty Trichome!

WOW. is neem oil the only thing you can use to kill them

No, it's just armour for your plants.There are other organic pesticides on the market,I've tried a couple,Stinky hooked me up with the recipe and I live by it.The neem oil I have found to be the best preventive protection against them.It kills them because it breaks the reproductive cycle.Killing the males and female through starvation.Safer Soap is another organic pesticide. No mixing just spray.

Ga Grown!

Ga Grown

Rusty Trichome!