Thread: who/what is the fastest?

medigrower is offline Registered+

who/what is the fastest?

who has the fastest flower cycle time? what strain is the fastest after introduced to flowering???

Dutch Pimp is online now Registered+

Cool

why?...are you in a hurry?
    Last edited by Dutch Pimp; Nov-06-2008 at 11:05. Reason: .....this not McDonald's...:)..it's Steek&Ale

no hurry just wanting to learn more i guess, i have a friend telling me he is running 3 1ks on a sun circle with a strain called electric wooley and he is saying he is doing about 4 weeks of veg and 7 weeks in flower in soil and seeing a few ounces a plant. i have trouble believing. so i guess thats where the question roots from.

If you want to harvest early?...go ahead...waste your grow.

You have to wait for the trichomes...to say when.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who/what is the fastest?-trich%2527s2.jpg  

ahahahah i know this, thanks. but i am talking fully matured not some half ass premature buds.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by medigrower View Post
    ahahahah i know this, thanks. but i am talking fully matured not some half ass premature buds.
    sorry...sounds like you already know the answer. Ask your friend.

marijuanaisgr8 is offline Registered+
    dutch pimp you are hardly being helpful.. he wants to know if there are strains that are FULLY MATURED faster than others.. I've always wondered that to.. I mean technically I think it would be better to under-veg and send into flowering slightly earlier.. not sure tho.

marijuanaisgr8 is offline Registered+
    better to under veg and send into flowering early than to veg completely and end flowering early that is. all in all iit would def be strain dependent and if he gets a yield of a couple ounces after just 11 weeks of growing.. he would probably get alot more after 16-18. any experts??
    Last edited by marijuanaisgr8; Nov-07-2008 at 13:55.

IAmKowalski is offline Registered+
    Indicas have a shorter bloom time than Sativas, so I would suggest looking at the listed bloom times for pure indica strains on the seedbank websites. Use a clone of your earliest finisher if you're looking for short cycles.

I had two Afghoo sisters, one finished in 54 days (about 50/50 cloudy vs clear trichs, 75% red pistles) while it's sister wasn't ready for nearly two more weeks.

canned abyss is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by medigrower View Post
    no hurry just wanting to learn more i guess, i have a friend telling me he is running 3 1ks on a sun circle with a strain called electric wooley and he is saying he is doing about 4 weeks of veg and 7 weeks in flower in soil and seeing a few ounces a plant. i have trouble believing. so i guess thats where the question roots from.
    It is very possible to yield a few ounces per plant in 4 weeks of veg and 7 weeks of flowering time. 7 weeks is 49 days and there are plenty of strains that will finish in 49 days. Indica's will harvest earlier than sativa's with the earliest ones averaging around 6 to 7 weeks. Sativa's on the other hand can take anywhere from about 11 weeks to over 16 weeks, and hybrids generally range from 7 to 11 weeks. depending on their sativa to indica ratio

-canned abyss-

stoned88911 is offline Registered+
    Ak-48(can be done as soon as 48 days)

and Top44

Both these are fast.

dooobster is offline Registered+
    I would guess that autoflowering Lowrider varieties would be the fastest, from seed to finish. Not sure how much these yield though
    Legalize it!

bioguy is offline Registered+

How about for breeding

Does anyone know of any popular strains used to reduce flowering time.
    A real answer from an actual breeder would be nice.
    NOT AUTO FLOWER

Farmer Rich is offline Registered+
    Are you planning on breeding yourself? I believe speed may be significant to most breeders when trying to deal with a sativa cross, which is why they use Afghani in the mix.

I found a strain called Critical+ from DINAFEM seeds (Spain) that can finish in 45 days. It's a cross between Big Bud and Skunk..

Why are you in such a rush? Most indica dominant strains come in a 7-8 weeks anyway. You can also speed things up slightly by taking your light cycle to something less than 12 hours. I've noticed plants that normally go as long as 56 days are finishing about 50 using 11:45. The only reason I did this is because my lights are on separate timers and this compensates for any differences between the timers making sure to stay under 12 hours.

Peace, Farmer Rich

luvtogrow is offline Registered+
    For a sativa high and short flowering, has to be apollo 11.