Thread: bud on leaf?

triangle14510 is offline Registered

bud on leaf?

hi has anyone ever seen a bud growing out of the center of a fan leaf? odd ? what causes this?will post pic when I get a chance.

bigtopsfinn is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by triangle14510 View Post
    hi has anyone ever seen a bud growing out of the center of a fan leaf? odd ? what causes this?will post pic when I get a chance.
    Yes, yes, I dunno, please do!
    99% of the growing info you need can be found here: Cdot grow guide and FAQs

Completed grow logs:
    First grow - LST'd Trainwreck -- Two Trainwrecks in SCRog -- Finn'SCRog 2010

kittymom is offline Registered
    Wow! That sounds so wierd! Def want to see that pic..

nuteboy is offline Registered
    I had some outdoor plants last year and I spoted one of the flowers growing from a fan leaf. I picked it and smoked it cause I knew that I was smoking some of the rarest pot in the world. It has to be right. I dont know what causes it but every one that I showed the pic to were amazed and had never seen anything like it. My thoughts are to never let the plants that are not perfect breed. Kill the genetics, dont let them pass on the mutation to offspring.
    Last edited by nuteboy; Mar-27-2009 at 13:43.

dejayou30 is offline Registered+
    Who's to say that this new genetic mutation will not lead to a better plant in the end? Evolution, which is what a mutation is the beginning of, has no end objective of perfection and only selects traits that are beneficial. I think buds growing on fan leaves would be beneficial because its another bud site, but who knows...

And yes, please post pics because I am curious as hell.
    The above post is fictional and should in no way be taken as truth.

If I were to grow cannabis, I would only do so to supply myself and my close friends. Doing this would take myself and my friends out of harms way by knowing the source of our cannabis, as well as take hundreds of thousands of dollars off the black market annually. It would also lower the demand of black market cannabis, and would ultimately help keep cannabis out of the hands of minors.

Greenthing is offline Registered+
    This thread is not worth shit without photos.
    Stinkyattic's troubleshooting form.
    Click here

There can be only one. it's the Wife.
    Profit is Vanity, Quality is Sanity

Well a flower that blocks a fan leaf(the main sorce of energy) cant be that good now can it?

Quote Originally Posted by nuteboy View Post
    Well a flower that blocks a fan leaf(the main sorce of energy) cant be that good now can it?
    Fan leaves don't always get 100% light exposure anyways, and a bud is the best thing you could have to block light from a leaf, IMO. I remember StinkyAttic also saying that this would be a beneficial trait. We miss Stinky!

Completed grow logs:

will be posting pics today.check it out strangest thing I have ever seen.thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by triangle14510 View Post
    [ATTACH][ATTACH]bud on leaf?-mj2.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    here they are
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bud on leaf?-mj1.jpg   bud on leaf?-mj3.jpg  

bigtops. How do you get big tops? Do you get big tops when you cut off all the fan leaves and pack 25 plants under a 1000w bulb or are the top better when you take good care of all parts of the plant and spread the plants out to 4 plants per 1000w bulb.( thats what I do) When fan leaves are covered up they dont do much but add humidity to the room. The best yeilds I ever had were with 4 plants per 1000w blub. Fan leave are way more impotant then most think. That is why they are there. God put them there, not me. Post to him.

More bud sight are not aways better.
    Fuckn smart ass
    Last edited by nuteboy; Mar-27-2009 at 18:43.

bigtops. How do you get big tops?
    Check out my grow log...

Do you get big tops when you cut off all the fan leaves
    When did I ever say anything about cutting off fan leaves? Go back and read.

When fan leaves are covered up they dont do much but add humidity to the room.
    They store energy for the plant, and fall off when they are no longer useful. The fact that the plant grows vertically and not horizontally means that fan leaves are not always going to get 100% light exposure, especially towards the bottom.

The best yeilds I ever had were with 4 plants per 1000w blub. Fan leave are way more impotant then most think. That is why they are there. God put them there, not me. Post to him.
    See the pic? The bud is not covering the leaf, it's right in the middle, so it block hardly any light from hitting the leaf.

More bud sight are not aways better.
    Thats your opinion, I was only sharing my own as well as one of the old moderator's opinion about this.

Fuckn smart ass
    WOW...Totally uncalled for.

Good times

Completed grow logs:

Here's the other thread, with the expert's opinion...

bud on fan leaf normal??

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Not normal at all, but VERY cool! That's a rare but totally harmless (and some would say desirable) mutation.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    The only potential problem would be if the buds sit there on a vegging mother too, because then you could have a hard time cloning without rot. Even that is avoidable. I hope you like hash or canna-medicated-butter-food... because once you get sick of trimming those little puffies you're gonna be making secondary products instead.

Completed grow logs: