Thread: Slow growth?

BigLeagueJew is offline Registered+

Slow growth?

I planted my germinated seed in soil about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It's growing fine but im worried that it is growing to slow. Can someone peep my grow log which is in my signature and tell me if i'm doing something wrong.
    Northwest is the best

My First Grow!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1972434
    Check it out!

irydyum is offline Registered+
    Your name is BigLeagueJew, you spent $120.00, and you are wondering why your plant seems to grow slow. Have I got all this right?

Don't get discouraged when your plant doesn't have the crazy vigor that other posters on this site have achieved. You are a little skimpy on light, and that will cause "slower" growth. You may also notice that it hits a "plateau" of sorts too with the amount of light you have.

Light is a HUGE factor limiting indoor growth. I can't say that enough. Understand, that if you could get huge resinous buds from a CFL Rubbermaid like you can with HID lighting in a larger space, EVERYONE would be doing it.

Look at some of the other CFL grow logs on here, and pace yours against something similar if you want a gauge. Aside from that you are growing a bagseed, basically rolling the dice, so NO ONE can predict anything or tell you where anything should be. All we can do to help is look at the symptoms and provide what has worked for us to combat those.

I speak from experience on the cfl thing, I got started there too. Lasted about 1 grow, then I realized that I was shortchanging myself by trying to reinvent the wheel.

I'm stoned and rambling, and I apologize if this comes off as rude, not my intent.

Good luck
    ----------------------
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

Current Grow here: Irydyum's Kush Grow
    Past Grows:
    White Widow
    Mango/GreenCrack
    Greenhouse Mixed Indicas

I don't see what my user name has to do with anything but the other info is appreciated. I don't think I will grow anything like I could with an HID or HPS but compared to other CFL grows I still feel like my plant is growing slow. Maybe it is the unknown strain? I just want to make sure I'm doing everything within my budget and my ability to make this plant grow as big and as fast as I can.
    Northwest is the best

My First Grow!
    Check it out!

frostymcfailure is offline Registered+
    Your name is BigLeagueJew, you spent $120.00, and you are wondering why your plant seems to grow slow. Have I got all this right?
    hilarious.

I don't see what my user name has to do with anything but the other info is appreciated. I don't think I will grow anything like I could with an HID or HPS but compared to other CFL grows I still feel like my plant is growing slow. Maybe it is the unknown strain? I just want to make sure I'm doing everything within my budget and my ability to make this plant grow as big and as fast as I can.
    rofl. im doubting its the strain's unknown origin thats slowing the progress & lowering the yield of this grow. What kind of potting soil? IMO its go HPS or go home. It seems like the plant is getting minimum light and nutrients from the soil medium. Add a few daylight spectrum CFL for veg. Dont CFL flowering unless you want to produce some pretty goofy looking fluff. If your investing your time to begin with you might as well HPS it for flowering to get the bomb quality bud and the extra few oz's.
    Last edited by frostymcfailure; Apr-05-2009 at 08:29.

headshake is offline Registered+
    you can flower fine under CFLs. yes it will be a little fluffy, but it will work. it won't knot up like a good HID, but we aren't all made of money or space.

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
    -Deceleration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by frostymcfailure View Post
    rofl. im doubting its the strain's unknown origin thats slowing the progress & lowering the yield of this grow. What kind of potting soil? IMO its go HPS or go home. It seems like the plant is getting minimum light and nutrients from the soil medium. Add a few daylight spectrum CFL for veg. Dont CFL flowering unless you want to produce some pretty goofy looking fluff. If your investing your time to begin with you might as well HPS it for flowering to get the bomb quality bud and the extra few oz's.
    The only reason I said that about the strain was because in a previous comment it was mentioned that bagseed was a problem. The potting soil is Miracle grow organic(you can find more info by going to my log.)

This one I am going cheap. After this plant I will think of upgrading to a bigger set up.

Thanks Shake for the words of encouragement.
    Northwest is the best

My First Grow!
    Check it out!

ST0N3Rmike is offline Registered+
    Bigleague don't worry about anything, your plants are doing fine. With my first(current) grow I though I was experiencing abnormally slow growth as well, but its normal. Obviously there are some things that could be done to promote faster growing, but the plants grow the slowest during the seedling stage anyways, you got nothing to worry about! Good luck with the grow Ill be tuned in!

thanks man! I'll keep it posted
    Northwest is the best

My First Grow!
    Check it out!