Cannabis.com

Thread: Heating pad for low temp???

xxxnick89xxx is offline Registered+

Heating pad for low temp???

If my air temp drop down to 60 or so would it be a smart idea to put in the heating pad at about 77 degrees fahrienheit to keep the roots warm and to keep them from going into shock???

what do you think and what do you do at times of low temps???

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Dutch Pimp is online now Registered+
    I maintain temps on my plants at 70-85 degrees...by any means possible.

If you use a heating pad, place a towel or two between the plants (or clones, or seeds) and the pad, or even better...raise the plants off the floor, and keep an air-space between the pad and the pots. Monitor for a couple hours to verify it doesn't get too hot. The warmer temps will evaporate the moisture quicker, too.

Raising them off of the cold floors helps. If getting too cold at night, you can reverse the lighting schedule, so lights are on all night during the coldest hours.

FatSean is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxnick89xxx View Post
    If my air temp drop down to 60 or so would it be a smart idea to put in the heating pad at about 77 degrees fahrienheit to keep the roots warm and to keep them from going into shock???

what do you think and what do you do at times of low temps???
    In the winter, air temps dip into the low 60s where I grow. I grow in a 'hydrohut' in my basement. I bought a cheap electric heater fan that also oscillates. I put it in a corner of my hydrohut, near the floor. It has a built in 'thermostat' that doesn't have numbers. Get a digital thermometer with high and low memory and tweak the settings over a few days.

I've also used a food thermometer to measure the soil temps, but don't tell my wife

xxxnick89xxx is offline Registered+
    I was worried about the temp especially in the winter. I mean ill be okay in the spring/summer.

Also where do you think I could find one of those heating oscillatings fans? Price? Use a lot of electircity??

Thanks for the input appreciate it
    Last edited by xxxnick89xxx; May-30-2009 at 21:40.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxnick89xxx View Post
    I was worried about the temp especially in the winter. I mean ill be okay in the spring/summer.

Also where do you think I could find one of those heating oscillatings fans? Price? Use a lot of electircity??

Thanks for the input appreciate it
    I got mine at Home Depot during the winter, not sure if they still have them in the stores during summer. I spent 20 or 30 bucks!

Yes, some electricity will be used. It has a 1500 watt element, but if you use the 'low' setting, only half that is consumed. Since the heat only comes on when needed, it shouldn't be too bad.

Oh Yeah, this trick works best with a thermostat-controlled exhaust fan. Otherwise, you're just blowing your expensive heat out of the room.