Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: how many plants under 1 600w light

eadesy is offline Registered

Thumbs up how many plants under 1 600w light

Hi people im just wondering how many plants i should put under each 1 of my 3 600w lights and i know i should rotate my plants but is there a way i should place them under it as i got 2.5 oz on each plant last time and i was told i should be looking for 4-5oz oer plant hope some1 can help if you have any pics to show that would be great thanks people
    mark2012 likes this.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

SpaceNeedle is offline Registered+
    If you are a very experienced grower, you MIGHT get a total of 16 oz, if you are lucky. I have been growing a number of years, and doubt if I could do it. so I think you would do very well if you got say, 12 oz. Now how do you want to spread that out into number of plants? 6 plants @ 2oz would do it....
    or does 12 plants at 1oz sound better?

Don't plan your yield unless you've done it for a few years, that's my advice, your first crop... hm maybe 6 oz?

Thumbs up

Cheers spaceneedle i have since been told posting the question that i should get 5oz per a plant so for 16 plants im looking at 80oz now i know what you mean about not counting the yeild befor its started by would this be a good guide??

SpaceNeedle is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by eadesy View Post
    Cheers spaceneedle i have since been told posting the question that i should get 5oz per a plant so for 16 plants im looking at 80oz now i know what you mean about not counting the yeild befor its started by would this be a good guide??
    80 oz is 5 lbs. NO WAY. The general 'rule' is for an experienced grower to get 16 oz using a 1000 Watt light.... and you would do very well if you got half of that on your first try. Thats using almost twice the light you are using.

SN

stinkybudz is offline Registered+
    actually 2g/w is now the 'norm' or the 2 pounds a light, but thats only with good yieling strains
    I smoke it down to the ash end burnin lips and finger tips, on for helly shit and take a bullet like a pacifist, right in the ashtray where it belongs, from the bag to the j to the vape to the bong-Stoner songs Twiztid - Bagz, Hydro. KmK- Blaze Allday,Can Anybody Hear me.AbK- Hollowpoint

Thumbs up cheers

right so what ur saying it that for every light i use (i have three) i will get a pound or 16 ounces so 3 lights x 16 = 48 so i will get arount 48 ounces off my three lights and 16 plants.

Hempfester is offline Registered+
    Yeah, it would really depend on your strain.

If your strain grows tall and skinny, you just harvest the main cola, you can fit more per light.

If your strain grows out and bushy, less will fit.

Also depends on how long you keep them in veg for. If you top them and veg them until they are bushy monsters, you will need less plants. If you are doing Sea Of Green and putting your plants in flower early, you can use smaller pots and really pack them in there.
    I was at the pet store buying a hamster and all I could think about was what kind of nutes I should get and how long I should keep it in veg for. I knew I had to get the hell out of there when I started thinking how I was going to LST the damed thing.

veg stage

Thanks hempfester thats good info about the size and how they grow. how long should i veg for and what is topping( cutting the top off i guess) and when is best to do it also do you prune yopur plants??

I don't top my plants any more. Some strains don't like it. I tie mine down. (a la LST)

The ones right under my light I LST to keep them short, while i let others grow tall and put them at the outside of my circle of pots to make like a stadium effect.

If you are going to top or prune your plants, I would suggest no later than 2 weeks before flower to give the new shoots some veg time to develop before flowering.

The best is to just experiment and find out what works best for you under your conditions.
    I was at the pet store buying a hamster and all I could think about was what kind of nutes I should get and how long I should keep it in veg for. I knew I had to get the hell out of there when I started thinking how I was going to LST the damed thing.

cheers mate' what do u mean by LST??

and how long should i veg for i usally do 4 weeks veg 8 weeks flower

LST means "Low stress training"

Here... Let me google that for you

It's a matter of preference and growing style that dictates how long you should veg for. The longer you veg, the bigger the plant. But, you need the room and big enough pots and such. If you prune your plants to make them more bushy, you will have to veg them longer to let the new growth develop.

I think the best time to put your plants into flower when growing from seed is when the preflowers start to develop and they start to show sex on their own....usually about 6 weeks or so..but again, it depends on the strain and other factors. Some also say they are ready to go into flower when the new nodes start to alternate sides.

Thanks mate sorry for being thick i just want to learn all i can.

that LET ME GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU WAS QUALITY even if it made me look stupid how did you do it Thanks for the help

disrupt86 is offline Registered+
    i find that 6 plants in 5 gallon buckets is about as much as you want to put under one 600. yup theres no way your going to pull 5 oz a plant.espescially with a 600 or 3 600's.there's just not enough lumen output to creat as many nodes to support that much weight.unless you chose a verry high yielding strain "usually sacrifice quality" and a baddass 14 part nutrient program,like advanced nutrients. you would really need to be on the ball with your feeding and have a super keen eye to achieve those goals.good luck though

LayainHate is offline Registered
    After some good experimentation, I have found it best to go with no more than 5 plants per 600. That being 4 on the corners one in the middle on a 4x4 tray. On good strains, (not sacraficing quality) you should be able to pull down 3oz/plant, maybe even four if pruned and tied precisely to a canopy. This should give you a decent yield of 15ozs-20oz/600watt.

SWABLR is offline Registered+

Thumbs up 400W MH

Dude, I have a dozen doing just fine under a 400W MH.

SWABLR is offline Registered+
    Oh yeah man, 80 oz from 16 plants, can do!

But I was getting Holy Water from the Catholic Church down the street to water my plants.

headshake is offline Registered+
    it's not really about how many plants you can put under a 600W HPS.

how much floor space do you have? what are your goals? what size pots do you want to finish in? are you trying to go SOG?

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
    -Deceleration of Independence

What size containers did you use for the 2.5 ounce plants? How tall were they? How many did you put under those 3 lights? What medium, which nutes...How long did you veg them, and how long in flower?

More importantly...have you done this more than once, or did someone help you before?
    Last edited by Rusty Trichome; Jun-24-2009 at 17:13.

Thumbs up 7 plants

RUSTY TRICHOME i had 7 plants under a 400w and a 600w it was kush i had 10 liter pots and i veged for 4 weeks and flowerd for 8 weeks i used a canna P.K and a canna boost they were around 6.5 ft in an all mix soil some1 helped me who has grown for 10 years well he showed me what o do for about 3 weeks and then told me when to go from24/0 to 12/12 then came back to harvest and he took one look at it and just scratched his head and said f#'k knows what happened ....reason i now have 3 600w lights and im going to be useing a veg bio bizz and a bio bizz topmax and im getting a ph digital tester pen do you suggest anything eles that cam improve my poor poor yeild....ow and i really cant afford and co2 unless i can u a fire extinguisher which i can get for nothing as i have spunked a 550 budget on equipment and cuttings

Kinda difficult troubleshooting a previous grow. So unless you kept a detailed daily log it's kinda pointless.

But next time you have something that doesn't look right, give another holler.

After what you posted, I can see that likely your final pots are too small, (2.5 US gallons or so) possibly causing a late-flowering rootbound condition, and all peripheral problems that come with it. Doubtful it's as easy as that though. Likely a combination of that, not knowing your ph, other unknown variables...

I've never used CO2, other than a seltzer water experiment that ended in an ant problem and sticky walls. (and sticky pots, and sticky bulbs...)

NEWS FLASH: 2.5 oz per plant isn't crap. (depending on it's genetics, lol)

Thumbs up spot on

Thanks Rusty Trichome am i right in saying veg for 4 weeks and flower for 8 weeks if so when im in the flowering stage when should i exspect to see some bug. i am going to start a crop of K2 soon have you delt with this befor if so any tips

Thanks for the info

Depends on strain and technique(s) used, and how much headroom you've got. But if you don't top or take clones, (or otherwise injure the plant) 5 to 6 weeks is a good generalization. Once she starts alternating the internodes, she's ready any time you are.

Once in flowering, they'll start the stretch. About a week or so later you'll see the buds forming. Ya can't miss 'em, lol.
    Last edited by Rusty Trichome; Jun-26-2009 at 11:56.

ditdotter is offline Registered+
    The best I have ever done under a 600 is 608 grams of dried bud. Which translates to about 21.7 oz. This was for 12 plants for an average yield of 1.8 oz per plant. The plants were 6 each Mandala #1 and 6 each Satori. Would I have gotten more yield from 10 plants or 8 plants? I don"t know the answer to that question. All I do know is I did the very best my knowledge allowed me to do. I do know there are a few growers out there that can do better but there are a hell of a lot of others can not.

headshake is offline Registered+
    not trying to correct you rusty but wouldn't it be alternating nodes seeing as internodes are the space between nodes? nodes obviously being where leaf and auxillary bud primodia form.

it's also a little weird that we use alternating (yes they alternate sides) but the correct term is opposite leaves. alternating means something different. lol.

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
    -Deceleration of Independence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast