Thread: liquid pH down vs. powder pH down

headshake is offline Registered+

liquid pH down vs. powder pH down

i was wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences with these are?

i'm curious because i can get a quart of liquid for $12.95, a gallon of liquid for $29.95 or 3 lbs of powder for $12.95.

i don't mind paying extra for the liquid if it's worth it (works better, lasts longer etc).

as always, thanks for the time and input!

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
    -Deceleration of Independence

A gallon of General Hydroponics phDown (phosphoric acid - $30) lasts me about (just over?) two years.
    It takes 1/4 tsp per gallon to take my 8.0 well water to 6.8ish. That's almost 3100 US gallons worth of ph'd water. So what's that...approx 1 cent a gallon? I also have to use it on a few of our houseplants, or the gallon would likely last 2 1/2 to 3 years.

I have no experience with the others, as this has worked for me for years, and the plants love it.
    Last edited by Rusty Trichome; Jun-24-2009 at 21:43.

Italiano715 is offline Registered+

$5.99 plus tax

I use API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) and it takes me a drop to a gallon to bring down my tap water from 7.2 to 6.8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails liquid pH down vs. powder pH down-p55200.jpg  
    Last edited by Italiano715; Jun-24-2009 at 22:27. Reason: title
    "Make the most of the Indian Hemp Seed and sow it every where."
    - George Washington

"A dope fiend refers to the reefer butt as a roach, because, it resembles a cockroach." L. Ron Bumquist: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

sounds good rusty. thanks for the info!

that was the brand that i had found. like i said there is no huge disparity in price so i'll probably just go with the wet.

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."

No problems with it? Since they don't tell ya what's in it, I refuse to use it.

thanks for the info italiano! i didn't even see that post.

i am currently using some (not sure of the brand and too lazy to look, that could be it) pH down at the moment.

i was gonna go with something geared towards plants just to see if there is any difference.

thanks again.

lol@rusy!

-shake
    Last edited by headshake; Jun-24-2009 at 22:41. Reason: oh yeah
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form