Cannabis.com

Thread: How are these buds looking for a cfl grow?

submast3r is offline Registered+

How are these buds looking for a cfl grow?

In the fourth week of flowering, this strain normally finishes in 7-8 weeks.

My first grow, are these really small buds? That's kind of my first impression but I've been on overly concerned grower to a T this entire process.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How are these buds looking for a cfl grow?-img_0260.jpg   How are these buds looking for a cfl grow?-img_0276.jpg   How are these buds looking for a cfl grow?-img_0278.jpg  

How are these buds looking for a cfl grow?-img_0279.jpg   How are these buds looking for a cfl grow?-img_0280.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

mrfertilizer is offline Registered
    Id say they plants are looking good! What lights are you using?

SauceeMcGee is offline Registered+
    What kind of CFL's are you using?

Those plants look to be Sativa dominant is that correct? If so, it would be really hard to get a good harvest off of them using CFL's. For one, Sativas have less leaf matter and less chlorophyll than indicas so they absorb a lot LESS light and take MUCH longer to finish (surprised by the 7-8 week finishing time on this puppy). Also with Sativas, they don't produce higher quantities of buds, they produce higher quality buds.

Peace,

SMG
    New to growing? Need help? Want to learn some cool shit?

Check out SMG's Video Noob Guide To Growing Techniques

Want to be in the know? Curious about what's going on in the Cannabis Community? Hear any gossip?

Check out and help build SMG's Continuous Compilation of Cannabis Current Event Links

Just a standard hybrid. Maybe leaning a little closer to sativa but still totally doable in a closet grow. Hopefully lol

Cool, but what lights are you using?

SMG

Want to be in the know? Curious about what's going on in the Cannabis Community? Hear any gossip?

Check out and help build SMG's Continuous Compilation of Cannabis Current Event Links

3 42 watt 2700 lumen bulbs and one 13 watt bulb. They're all 2700K except for one of the 42 watts. So...a little short of 10,000 lumen for one plant in a 1x1 square foot area. I'm going to try to get more light for the next grow but for now I'll probably just finish it off as is.

That sounds like a fairly good amount of lumen output for the size of your area. Also, based on the size of your area, your plant can't possible be that big. If your plant isn't that big, your roots probably aren't that massive either. Smaller roots = bigger buds. Thicker stalk = more nutrient uptake. Bigger Roots + Thicker Trunk + Bigger overall plant = Huge Buds. I'd say your buds are coming along very nicely for a small sativa dom. plant grown under roughly 10,000 lumens using CFL's.

Cheers,

SMG

irydyum is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by SauceeMcGee View Post
    Smaller roots = bigger buds.
    Put the blunt down Sauce. No, just put the blunt down and walk away.
    ----------------------
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

Current Grow here: Irydyum's Kush Grow
    Past Grows:
    White Widow
    Mango/GreenCrack
    Greenhouse Mixed Indicas

Whoah...that's the first fuck up I've ever done on here...whoah...good catch for real though. I apologize for that...that's what you get for not reading your posts before posting!!!

Apologies and good catch,

SMG

I can't let it go that I went against the fucking most obvious rule of plants haha...wow...what a foolish thing to type. I continued with the correct logic in the rest of my post...wowsers...I really wish I could change that. Damn...
    Last edited by SauceeMcGee; Aug-22-2009 at 02:21.

irydyum is offline Registered+
    Simple mistake man, don't beat urself up over it.
    ----------------------
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

Current Grow here: Irydyum's Kush Grow
    Past Grows:
    White Widow
    Mango/GreenCrack
    Greenhouse Mixed Indicas

Good catch though, for real. I've just experienced a new type of mind fuck haha

whatever