Thread: Monthly cost of two Hps 1000 watt lights?

pan247 is offline Registered

Wink Monthly cost of two Hps 1000 watt lights?

about how much and it doent have to be exact, would it cost each month to have 2 hps 1000 watt lights, in 1 one room???????

and what is your monthly bill? in comparison?

power bill/Electric Bill?? same thing..

I was thinking like between 150 to 300 extra a month in my power bill!!

What do you think guys??

headshake is offline Registered+
    well, 1000W is one is 1kW. your electricity is probably billed in kilowatt hours, or what it cost for 1kW or electricity per hour of usage.

so calculate 1kW x the price of your kilowatt hour x the average days in a month.

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
    -Deceleration of Independence

DreadedHermie is offline Registered+

Thumbs up Hi, Shake!

One more thang: multiply that by the number of hours the lights are on each day, probably around 12 (der). And your ballasts may add few hundred watts as well.

Prolly gonna be like 2.3kW x 12hr x 30 (days) x cost per kW hour. But your guess is good.

headshake is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedHermie View Post
    One more thang: multiply that by the number of hours the lights are on each day, probably around 12 (der). And your ballasts may add few hundred watts as well.

Prolly gonna be like 2.3kW x 12hr x 30 (days) x cost per kW hour. But your guess is good.
    good looking out DH!

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
    -Deceleration of Independence

Okay i can do that when i get the 2 hps lights..

but guesing how much do you think,, purly guesing..

i'm thinking 250$ or 300$ more each month..

Mississippi Steve is offline Registered+
    do the math sport.... the only thing he didn't give you is the KWH rate for your electric company.... that would be on your power bill.
    its simple arithmetic.
    READ MY LIPS!!!
    WEED, SCHOOLS AND/OR CARS DON'T MIX!!!

Don't put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it in the first place!!

Pacifism is a luxury paid for by warriors.

http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...c-blue-f2.html

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    In my area it would be about $50 a month for 2 1000w hps

disrupt86 is offline Registered+
    there are some other factors also,your going to be switching from 18/6 so one month its going to be much higher. call your power provider and see if there is a limit on kwh before the charges go up. for example,i use pge and i am alloted a base number of kwh at 16 cents a piece,but when im in 18/6 my bill damn near doubles because i pay upwards twards 29-30 cents a kwh.its bull shit.if you live in the bay area to run one 1k 18/6 is ruffly 90 to 110 bucks.u might consider using 3 600 watts if you have the cash to buy an extra lamp,great light coverage,cheaper pge,and u dont loose 2 many lumens.oh yeah and much less heat than the 1000's

darealbrain is offline Registered+

fuel charge

hey guys dont forget theres a fuel charge and an energy charge.sorry for butting in

darealbrain is offline Registered+
    for a 600 its no more than $35 more

cptcannabis is offline Registered+
    Mine ended up being an extra $100-$125 a month, but that's also with a 25,000 BTU A/C running along with the two 1000W lights.

oh well those prices are pretty good... i was way off for 2.. so thaks every one.. i fell better about the price.

Mississippi Steve is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by pan247 View Post
    oh well those prices are pretty good... i was way off for 2.. so thaks every one.. i fell better about the price.
    You also have a thread about growing in an apartment.... keep in mind that any significant increase in utility usage will raise red flags and will cause you problems too. If all the apartments around you are running $125 power bills, and you come waltzing in there and start running $300 or more, you gonna get somebodys attention.

Grow houses and apartments (more than just 3 or 4 plants) get busted for 2 reasons.. one is the traffic in and out of the house/apartment, the other is an increase in the power bills.

Being an HVAC contractor, when I install a new heating and cooling system, and the customers power bills drop 30% - 50% or more, the customer gets a call from the power company to find out why.

You can call bullshit, but I can prove otherwise....
    READ MY LIPS!!!
    WEED, SCHOOLS AND/OR CARS DON'T MIX!!!

Don't put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it in the first place!!

Pacifism is a luxury paid for by warriors.

http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...c-blue-f2.html