Cannabis.com

Thread: What should be a maximum ppm?

senorx12562 is offline Registered+

What should be a maximum ppm?

Growing in soil, White Rhino, 3weeks into veg, using organic food (Age old grow), what would be a safe maximum post-feeding nute level in ppm (measured at runoff water)? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

DreadedHermie is offline Registered+
    I don't have a clue!

(For one thing, it will depend on ppm in your water...)

You could increase the dose very gradually, then back it off when tip burn starts to show.

a) I would do this on a test plant or 2, not the whole crop

b) Personally, I prefer a more conservative feeding plan. Less problems with buildup in the soil, better taste, etc.

I've found that running hot nutes in soil requires a close eye on soil moisture. As the soil dries out, the unused nutes become much more concentrated.

A safe nute level with moist soil can burn as your soil dries out. Just my experience, YMMV. Hermie

senorx12562 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedHermie View Post
    I don't have a clue!

(For one thing, it will depend on ppm in your water...)

You could increase the dose very gradually, then back it off when tip burn starts to show.

a) I would do this on a test plant or 2, not the whole crop

b) Personally, I prefer a more conservative feeding plan. Less problems with buildup in the soil, better taste, etc.

I've found that running hot nutes in soil requires a close eye on soil moisture. As the soil dries out, the unused nutes become much more concentrated.

A safe nute level with moist soil can burn as your soil dries out. Just my experience, YMMV. Hermie
    My tap water starts around 200 ppm. If you see my posts re horticultural oil in this forum you'll see why I'm asking. Essentially, I od'd my plants on nitrogen by using a fish oil based product to kill spider mites, not realizing that fish emulsion is used as a fast acting cure for nitro deficiency, and I had just fertilized the day before. Voila, a ppm reading in my runoff of over 2000ppm. I spent 6 hours today flushing all of my plants, and was wondering when to stop. No one responded, so I got most down to below 1000 ppm. I actually flushed them so much I had to add soil to cover up the grodan cubes.