Thread: How early can you FIM/top?

lampost is offline Registered+

How early can you FIM/top?

I'm trying to get these clones into flower ASAP. However, I want to FIM them once or twice to get more tops and keep the height low.

How soon can I top these. I have maybe 3 nodes and the plant is 7 inches tall. They were clones that were transferred 5 days ago into soil. Looks like they're just starting to take off, but I feel like they should get a little bigger before I top them.

Also how long do you need to let plants recover after FIMing before:
    A) FIM'ing again
    B) Going into flower

LetsSeeYa is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by lampost View Post
    I'm trying to get these clones into flower ASAP. However, I want to FIM them once or twice to get more tops and keep the height low.

How soon can I top these. I have maybe 3 nodes and the plant is 7 inches tall. They were clones that were transferred 5 days ago into soil. Looks like they're just starting to take off, but I feel like they should get a little bigger before I top them.

Also how long do you need to let plants recover after FIMing before:
    A) FIM'ing again
    B) Going into flower
    I fimed one at 3rd node and got seven tops from itbut this was outdoor plant and grew into a butte, so you may not need to fim again. IMO, in flower it would make the tops grow out, but how much space ya got, cuz fim and lst would work great togther

''If you substitute marijuana for tobacco and alcohol, you'll add 8 to 24 years to your life.''
    'Jack Herer