Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: intake filter

  1. #1
    potofgold's Avatar
    potofgold is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb-10-2009
    Posts
    164

    intake filter

    i wanted to run a intake fan in my grow room to bring in fresh air in from out side, what should i use to make sure i don't bring in bugs? it will be on the out side of my house so cant look suspicious. last time i got spider mites and i want to try to avoid them from now on...lol.

    ive been told pantyhose work but was looking for other ideas?

  2. #2
    bigtopsfinn's Avatar
    bigtopsfinn is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Aug-28-2008
    Posts
    1,595
    The fabric you put over audio speakers.
    99% of the growing info you need can be found here: Cdot grow guide and FAQs

    Completed grow logs:
    First grow - LST'd Trainwreck -- Two Trainwrecks in SCRog -- Finn'SCRog 2010

  3. #3
    potofgold's Avatar
    potofgold is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb-10-2009
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtopsfinn View Post
    The fabric you put over audio speakers.
    will that stop spider mites? ur talking about that thin stuff right, that gose over house speakers?

  4. #4
    bigtopsfinn's Avatar
    bigtopsfinn is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Aug-28-2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by potofgold View Post
    will that stop spider mites? ur talking about that thin stuff right, that gose over house speakers?
    Yeah that's the stuff. I'm not sure how small the mites can get though, but just to be sure you can double or triple the layers.
    99% of the growing info you need can be found here: Cdot grow guide and FAQs

    Completed grow logs:
    First grow - LST'd Trainwreck -- Two Trainwrecks in SCRog -- Finn'SCRog 2010

  5. #5
    potofgold's Avatar
    potofgold is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb-10-2009
    Posts
    164
    right on bro just looked at my speakers and that stuff will work great. now i just have to find where i can buy some at because i don't think the wife would like me for taking the one from my strearo speaker..lol. +rep for sure. thanks bro.

  6. #6
    bigtopsfinn's Avatar
    bigtopsfinn is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Aug-28-2008
    Posts
    1,595
    No problem

    I know the feeling, I have a wife here also to contend with at times
    99% of the growing info you need can be found here: Cdot grow guide and FAQs

    Completed grow logs:
    First grow - LST'd Trainwreck -- Two Trainwrecks in SCRog -- Finn'SCRog 2010

  7. #7
    lampost's Avatar
    lampost is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-15-2007
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by potofgold View Post
    right on bro just looked at my speakers and that stuff will work great. now i just have to find where i can buy some at because i don't think the wife would like me for taking the one from my strearo speaker..lol. +rep for sure. thanks bro.
    Just go get a furnace filter at home depot or another hardware store! Why destroy your speaker when you can EASILY get something that was actually built for filtering!

  8. #8
    lampost's Avatar
    lampost is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-15-2007
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by potofgold View Post
    i wanted to run a intake fan in my grow room to bring in fresh air in from out side, what should i use to make sure i don't bring in bugs? it will be on the out side of my house so cant look suspicious. last time i got spider mites and i want to try to avoid them from now on...lol.

    ive been told pantyhose work but was looking for other ideas?
    Hey, so what happened with your spider mites? Did they destroy your crop? Were you succesful in containing them? Eliminating them? What did you use?

    Sorry, I just got them on some clones I brought home for my first grow and I'm REALLY curious about people's experiences with them. I'm hoping I can completely eliminate them with a No Pest Strip!

    Oh yeah, I've also heard on here you can get a filter for a shop-vac at walmart. This is good if you have a circular intake as it's about 6". It supposedly fits on 6" air-cooled reflectors really well and you can use it for those...

  9. #9
    potofgold's Avatar
    potofgold is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb-10-2009
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by lampost View Post
    Hey, so what happened with your spider mites? Did they destroy your crop? Were you succesful in containing them? Eliminating them? What did you use?

    Sorry, I just got them on some clones I brought home for my first grow and I'm REALLY curious about people's experiences with them. I'm hoping I can completely eliminate them with a No Pest Strip!

    Oh yeah, I've also heard on here you can get a filter for a shop-vac at walmart. This is good if you have a circular intake as it's about 6". It supposedly fits on 6" air-cooled reflectors really well and you can use it for those...

    they killed my crop, i was already into the latter weeks of flowering so i couldn't use any harsh chemicals. after that i hung a no pest strip and i never seen then again. i also have flora mite buy haven't used it yet.

  10. #10
    potofgold's Avatar
    potofgold is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb-10-2009
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by lampost View Post
    Just go get a furnace filter at home depot or another hardware store! Why destroy your speaker when you can EASILY get something that was actually built for filtering!
    i was just thinking that last night, get a 3m filter and use that. thanks bro +rep.
    anyone know what size filter to keep spider mites and eggs out?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •