Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD

Charbud is offline Registered+

Thumbs up Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD

After seeing Vanilla Kush as the cannabis cup winner 2009, i thought i have to grow this ! So thats what im doing.

Vanilla Kush:
    Type : Mostly indica
    THC: 22%
    Characteristics : Fragrant and potent

"Vanilla Kush is an incredible new Indica-dominant strain and is one of the most fragrant, full-flavoured and potent plants that Barneys Farm have ever offered. Vanilla Kush genetics come from Kashmir and Afghan. The intense aromas from large, dense colas –heavily speckled with red and gold trichromes – bring to mind wild vanilla and lavender, accented with lemon and orange peel. Once lit, the floral and herbal aromas become more concentrated and the smoke offers sweet flavours. Vanilla Kush grows to about 55- 60cm in height indoors and takes her cannabis seeds 60-65 days to flower. Outdoor harvest time is the end of September. Her THC is strong of 22%. The strong, long lasting high allows the mind to relax and eases muscle tension."

Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-p31-01-10_22.30.jpg

The seed is feminised from barneys seeds; which people give mixed reviews. I will also be growing this plant with an LST technique, pictured below. Im doing this technique because im using CFL's which have really bad penereation, this technique will help me get an even light coverage over the whole plant.

Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-2mm7f9u.jpg

I will be using the same setup as my last grow apart from soil and pot. If you didnt see my last grow have a look here :

WSS, first grow(cfl), come watch !!

For Veg i will be using a 300 watt Blue spec Cfl and a 250 watt cfl red spec for flowering.

The seed wont be germinated for a couple of days as im still preparing my grow area.

Watch it go from seed to bud !

Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-img_6029.jpg

Peace
    Charbud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-5.jpg  
    Charbud

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Joel is offline Registered+
    Tuned in.
    G13 Auto Blueberry / Barneys Farm Pineapple express Auto / NL x Big Bud Auto GREENHOUSE
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ess-autos.html
    Hashberry x UK Sativa log ( Custom cross ) http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...ml#post2042205

redtails is offline Registered+
    I'm subscribed, gotta love the LST threads...
    Take everything said with a grain of salt, nobody knows everything and everybody knows nothing.

ready to go

Finally finished setting up.

Seed went into germination minutes ago. Using the paper towl on a plate technique, should be sprotuing in 2 days, so will check back then.

Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-p07-02-10_20.14-01-.jpg

Charbud
    Last edited by Charbud; Feb-07-2010 at 13:32.
    Charbud

Planted today, leaves should be showing in 2 days

Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-p10-02-10_19.06.jpg

Shoot.

Charbud
    Last edited by Charbud; Feb-10-2010 at 15:04.
    Charbud

LetsSeeYa is offline Registered+
    Com on brotha, i thought i id see buds by today my man Looking forward to this one

''If you substitute marijuana for tobacco and alcohol, you'll add 8 to 24 years to your life.''
    'Jack Herer

First set of leaves came through today.

Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-p14-02-10_00.03-01-.jpg

Looking for a name for my new girl, any ideas ?

Charbud
    Charbud

redtails is offline Registered+
    How bout Char-lene?
    Take everything said with a grain of salt, nobody knows everything and everybody knows nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by redtails View Post
    How bout Char-lene?
    Perfect name Charbud, i like it

''If you substitute marijuana for tobacco and alcohol, you'll add 8 to 24 years to your life.''
    'Jack Herer

I do like it although would prefer a name without char in it !!

Has been a while, i am sorry, but been very busy. shes got a lot bigger and is looking like shes going to be very bushy !

Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-p23-02-10_23.37.jpg

piece
    Charbud

Quote Originally Posted by Charbud View Post

Has been a while, i am sorry, but been very busy. shes got a lot bigger and is looking like shes going to be very bushy !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P23-02-10_23.37.JPG 
Views:	1130 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	238538

piece
    Looks nice char, some fat leaves for sure. Prolly going to be a big bush like you said

'Jack Herer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P23-02-10_23.37.JPG 
Views:	1130 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	238538

piece
    She looks awesome char! Vanilla thrilla ftw.
    G13 Auto Blueberry / Barneys Farm Pineapple express Auto / NL x Big Bud Auto GREENHOUSE
    Hashberry x UK Sativa log ( Custom cross ) http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...ml#post2042205

crf70rider is offline Registered+
    pics???????????

Sorry guys i am very busy and its been showing on my girl, shes got all brown spots and growth is really slowing down, i think its because i didnt bake my soil before i used it so there are loads of bugs in the soil munching on the leaves when im not around. This will have to stop ! so she will be relocated to a different location inwhich no bugs or any other pesky animals can get to her ! or if you guys have some suggestions to get rid of the brown spots and the pesky pests as the same time she will stay put.

Nitrogen injection tomorrow due to poor growth so hopefully the future will be bright for her !

Still undecided on a name, Vanilla Thrilla did make me laugh a lot Joel, so thats no1 at the moment.

Heres the damage
    Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-p02-03-10_00.12.jpg
    Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-p02-03-10_00.11.jpg

As you can see, not much bigger than before,

Hopefully saveable

hope u guys been getting high as kites

Charbud
    Charbud

By the way you do need to open those images to really see the damage
    Charbud

Yo charbud. Ive only experienced bugs once and that was on my first grow of the year, I used a simple water + soap solution and sprayed the area, and my plant, but not the soil. If this fails, then I dont know much else because I dont have much experience dealing with those little pests.

Tough situation, do you know what kind of bugs they are? Hopefully we can save her!

Fresh growth doesnt seem to be getting the spots but am going to spray a little aswell. also tranplanted her today, very nice roots. so atleast something is going well..
    Charbud

Dayzt1 is offline Registered+

Talking

Great to see a VK started! I hope you're able to get the bug issue under control - the transplant will help I hope! =)

I've got 4 VK about 1 week in at the moment. They too look to become little bushes! I'm going to stick around here and see how things go - maybe I can get some insight into what to expect with this strain as the girl gets bigger and bigger!

Name suggestion: VicKie (VK for Vanilla Kush...)

haha nice suggestion dayzt. Ye, it will be nice to compare whats happening with each others plants. The bug issue is under control now and fresh growth is coming through nice n' green ! also started the LST. Nitrogen fix also gave her a little growth boost, Will upload a pic soon for you all.

Charbud
    Charbud

Barney's Vanilla Kush (fem) - 2 weeks from seedling

Here's a pic update of my up-coming round of VK. A few more weeks and I plan to take up to 8 clones from these - 2 of each. The back right plant is a Barney's Crimea-Blue which barely survived and is now bouncing back with 3 tops...should be a nice plant to get cuttings from as well...

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-dsc02220.jpg   Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-dsc02221.jpg  

crf70rider is offline Registered+
    wtf are you gona clone you could cut the top of those little plants but it would probly kill em wait atleast untill they show sex....chill out on those babies

Quote Originally Posted by crf70rider View Post
    wtf are you gona clone you could cut the top of those little plants but it would probly kill em wait atleast untill they show sex....chill out on those babies
    So quick to judge... read my post a little closer - I obviously can't take any cuttings for at least a few weeks yet. They're going through quite the growth spurt right now though, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's enough lower growth to cut for clones in 2 weeks, maybe 3... even since this last picture here, there's been a ton of growth due to receiving their first light veg-nute with the last watering.

These plants will also get topped (maybe not all 4 VK - not sure yet). They're at the point right now where I could start LSTing them but i've opted to top them instead. Come to think of it, I may LST one of them just to see how this strain reacts to it...

I have started my LST. Again sorry for lack of pictures but i will upload some tomorrow ! I have heard topping can be risky because of the high stress it causes the plant which can sometimes cause less yeild than if it werent topped. Anyway, my still unnamed baby girl is reacting well to lst, alreasy see the lower branches coming out and up which will be great when i bud her as im using a cfl. two weeks and im guna flower my biatch. Anyway, very high, hope you lot are too. piece..............of cake ! ahaha
    Charbud

busybee is offline Registered+
    I have started my LST. Again sorry for lack of pictures but i will upload some tomorrow !
    hi charbud,see you here tomorrow then,i cant wait to see your girls!
    ROLL,ROLL,ROLL A JOINT TWIST IT AT THE END LIGHT IT UP,TAKE A HIT AND PASS IT TO A FRIEND!

Here's a pic update of my VK's after only 3 days... i'm impressed with the growth and just how healthy these plants look at this stage already! The middle-back one is starting to stretch more than the others...haven't decided for sure if/when i'll top/fim it, but it's just starting it's 5th node now so we'll see. The last thing I want to do is stress the plants, especially this early on.

Char...sorry, I didn't mean to 'hi-jack' your journal thread! Just say the word and i'll move into a seperate journal thread of my own. =) ..can't wait to see your pic update!

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-dsc02224.jpg   Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-dsc02225.jpg   Vanilla Kush (LST) by ChArBuD-dsc02226.jpg  

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast