Thread: Fan leaves... trash or useful for edibles?

lampost is offline Registered+

Fan leaves... trash or useful for edibles?

Hey all,

I'm pretty sure fan leaves are trash. I know you don't want to include them if you're trying to make quality hash. But what about for edibles? Can you get any significant amount of THC out of fan leaves to make cooking them up for cannabutter worthwhile?

Peace

moody420 is offline Registered+

from Betty Chronic

yes, I throw it all in there.....leaves, stems, trim....all the shit you wouldn't smoke basically!
    Mellow mood has got me, darlin'.
    Let the music rock me, darlin'.
    'Cause I got your love, darlin'.
    Love, sweet love, darlin'.

from Betty Chronic

yes, I throw it all in there.....leaves, stems, trim....all the shit you wouldn't smoke basically!

demoreal is offline Registered+

good question

Thats a good question. I throw all my fan leaves away use all the up close and small bud trim for full melt. The stuff I use for edibles comes from the stuff that won't melt. Usually the 160 and 110 bags make nice butter.

Try making a batch of brownies only using fan leaves. Do not use any up close trim. Eat them and post here if it was worth it.

Graywolf is offline Registered+
    It is all good!

We extract oil from our fan leaves that provides excellent pain relief and sleep inducement.

GW

fan leaves do contain THC. I've made batches of canna butter with dried out trim that had been in a paper grocery bag for months and it came out potent! If you have alot of fan leaves, I say go for it. I make canna butter on a regular basis now, and I use the trim, leaves even the stems....and I get good results every time!

Throw the leaves in....why waste them?

xxMrGreenThumbx is offline Registered+
    is cannabutter any good? wot it taste like? so if u wanna get stoned av jam on bread wif that and ur fukd?

Storm Crow is offline Registered+

You might find this interesting....

Interrelationships of glandular trichomes and cannabinoid content II.
    Developing vegetative leaves of Cannabis sativa L. (Cannabaceae) (full - 1981)
    bcgrowers title

I use leaves in my "magic muffins" - hubby has no complaints about their potency. He finds edibles are better for pain relief.
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

bigsby is offline Banned
    A mistake that I don't want to make. I'm new to the site and VERY much appreciate this resource together with the very knowledgeable user base. All in all a very nice community here.

Reading this post I realize that I need to be better informed if I plan to stick around for any length of time. I've been poking around looking for the site rules. I'm sure it's sitting in front of my face, but would someone mind posting a link so that I don't inadvertently violate the ToR?
    Last edited by bigsby; Apr-14-2010 at 11:10.

Here ya go...

-Messageboard Rules-

(from second page of rules)
    -Other criminal activity. This includes but is not limited to: Smuggling, theft, violence, dealing, taking cannabis on public transportation.
    -Gang references WILL result in an immediate ban, including in usernames.
    -Getting pets or minors high
    -Other drugs, including alcohol. This is a very important one. We discuss cannabis products only. Repeated references to other drugs, including misuse of pharmaceuticals, or use of psychoactives that may still be legal in your area, WILL result in a ban.
    -Growing in the home of someone who is not aware of your growing activities. This includes parents or housemates who are on your lease. Dormitory growing is also covered under this rule.
    -Making home-made smoking devices. This is for your safety.
    -Hot-linking sites selling goods or services. Please don't do this.

Thank you in advance for understanding. We want to make this site as safe and informative as possible!

bigsby is offline Banned
    Thanks. It all seems pretty reasonable. The bit about not turning these into social boards is perhaps the weakest rule. I see a good deal of that type of thing here. It is hard to regulate human nature. That said, it is good guideline as a general rule.

Thanks mods for all of the good work here.

Regards.

rudy2010 is offline Banned
    Is tincture considered a cannabis product. You have to use alchohol to make it. Since we are talking about the THC I assume tinctures are OK to discuss. If not someone please speak up.

If looking for ways to skirt the rules, you risk penalties and a reputation to match. I'm not a moderator, but I'm doubtful cannabis tinctures are off-topic.

Bongojaz is offline Registered+

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bigsby View Post
    A mistake that I don't want to make. I'm new to the site and VERY much appreciate this resource together with the very knowledgeable user base. All in all a very nice community here.

Reading this post I realize that I need to be better informed if I plan to stick around for any length of time. I've been poking around looking for the site rules. I'm sure it's sitting in front of my face, but would someone mind posting a link so that I don't inadvertently violate the ToR?
    i don't get what you're talking about. i didn't see anything wrong in this thread??? also, does the cannabis plant have any nutritional value for us, like say in a salad?

xxMrGreenThumbx is offline Registered+
    cum on ppl no arguing..

Quote Originally Posted by Bongojaz View Post
    i don't get what you're talking about. i didn't see anything wrong in this thread???
    Site rules were broken and posts were deleted as a result.

Nutritional value in cannabis...? I'm guessing that the only thing nutritional is contained in the 10,000 calories a night in Oreo's, ice cream and Lucky Charms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome View Post
    Site rules were broken and posts were deleted as a result.

Nutritional value in cannabis...? I'm guessing that the only thing nutritional is contained in the 10,000 calories a night in Oreo's, ice cream and Lucky Charms.
    hahaha....lucky charms do sound pretty good right about now!

I don't know about nutritional value since it is generally cooked in with butter or oil and then usually added to baked goods. But it does have medical value like no other. If you have pains or trouble sleeping....edibles are the way to go!

And I don't see why tinctures would not be ok to discuss here...it is another technique using THC, and I have seen quite a few threads on the subject. I personally don't know why someone would opt for that over smoking or eating it....but to each their own, right!