Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By canniwhatsis
  • 1 Post By WashougalWonder

Thread: Getting rid of SPIDER MITES on a budget....

Coachgee is offline Registered+

Getting rid of SPIDER MITES on a budget....

Okay were do I start... I had two CHEMDAWG cones that were infested with SPIDER MITES so I took them out of my growroom/bathroom and treated them with a insectacide by BAYERS and I didnt see anymore mites...I left them outside and planted them in the garden at my new house. I have about 10 other plants and some are infested with mites now. I picked up a hot shot NPS... Ive heard they are real good for plants if there in veggie stage... But the thing that gets too me is do I put the fan on low away from my plants or no fan..... I know the vapors have to penatrate so I went with my gut and left the fan off.....Was that a good idea....

I have cetral air going rite now and think I will be leaving it on til I take the strip out....

Does anyone or any of my buddies have any input on this one thanks...
    Its ok to look at the future, just dont look to long or you will get stuck there.....

stra8outtaWeed is offline Registered+
    put it in front of the fan or place the pest strip next to the most infested area

xxxhazexxx is offline Registered+
    sprey with garlic water make sure you get under the leaves
    Anything that is said by me in these forumns is for entertainment reasons only. I in no way condone any behavior or actions that may break any laws. Anything said by my username or any other username coming from this IP ADDRESS is all information and pictures that I have gathered from all over the internet, and reposted for others to see as well. Do not take anything I say serious, for as it is all for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by stra8outtaWeed View Post
    put it in front of the fan or place the pest strip next to the most infested area
    Thanks Stra8 I was told a week would do for the strip is it safe to leave it for two weeks??? and should I have the fan directly on the plants or towards the wall???

Quote Originally Posted by xxxhazexxx View Post
    sprey with garlic water make sure you get under the leaves
    Garlic thats a new one how effective is that Haze???
    Its ok to look at the future, just dont look to long or you will get stuck there.....

northend is offline Registered
    no not two weeks to long. no more than a week.i have sucess with them the first 3 days make sure you turn your fan off as to completely fumigate the room i say 3 days as you will have hatchers and you want to kill them too.them run your show as always leave them in for a couple of days after that.pull them out and stick them in a ziploc bag and reapply them at the light change as this will bring the ones out of the dirt that ran and hid.i also neem my dirt at this time also(just to fuck their reproductive system) and when they come out the vapes get them dead.NO MORE DEVIL BUGS YEA.hope this helps

headshake is offline Registered+
    go to walmart or the grocery store. look for bedding spray. it is used to get rid of lice, but it works for spider mites as well. it uses pyrehrum which is a compund made from chrysanthemum plants. its dissepates quickly with bright light. make sure not to breathe in the vapor. spray well, top and bottom.

is it safe, yes. i've used it on my plants to get rid of thrips and also in my snakes cages for spider mites. it's the same ingredient in dr. doom and the like and even at the grocery store shouldn't cost you more that $6 a can which should last for a bit.

make sure to spray, then wait a few days and spray again, a few more then once again. this will make sure you get all the eggs.

you can also clean your area with a 5% bleach to water solution.

good growing!

-shake
    "happy trees"

troubleshooting form

"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up..." -Bun B

"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
    -Deceleration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by headshake View Post
    go to walmart or the grocery store. look for bedding spray. it is used to get rid of lice, but it works for spider mites as well. it uses pyrehrum which is a compund made from chrysanthemum plants. its dissepates quickly with bright light. make sure not to breathe in the vapor. spray well, top and bottom.

is it safe, yes. i've used it on my plants to get rid of thrips and also in my snakes cages for spider mites. it's the same ingredient in dr. doom and the like and even at the grocery store shouldn't cost you more that $6 a can which should last for a bit.

make sure to spray, then wait a few days and spray again, a few more then once again. this will make sure you get all the eggs.

you can also clean your area with a 5% bleach to water solution.

good growing!

-shake
    Thanks shake...I have the HOT SHOTS strip in there now I really dont want to add anymore chemicals rite now, until I take it out... I believe its working but I will give it a good look on Sunday.

Is there a certain brand you are talking about and is it a arosol spray can???

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by northend View Post
    no not two weeks to long. no more than a week.i have sucess with them the first 3 days make sure you turn your fan off as to completely fumigate the room i say 3 days as you will have hatchers and you want to kill them too.them run your show as always leave them in for a couple of days after that.pull them out and stick them in a ziploc bag and reapply them at the light change as this will bring the ones out of the dirt that ran and hid.i also neem my dirt at this time also(just to fuck their reproductive system) and when they come out the vapes get them dead.NO MORE DEVIL BUGS YEA.hope this helps
    Northend thanks for the information.... I need this creeps dead before I move my girls....

fourtwentymed is offline Registered

Here it is... As cheap as it gets and 100% effective.. 22 year grower

Wash them in the shower. For real thats it within 4-7 days they are back to norml....

WOW that was easy

KISS
    (keep it simple stupid) this shit is weed
    Last edited by fourtwentymed; Jun-08-2010 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtwentymed View Post
    Wash them in the shower. For real thats it within 4-7 days they are back to norml....

WOW that was easy

KISS
    (keep it simple stupid) this shit is weed
    Maybe you need to check yourself all I ask is for a little help what's thevname calling for..

Thanks everyone for the advice plants are doing much better not seeing any movement today have to go and take a real good look. But thanks again for everything....

Flowering with mites

I thought I got all of em but I was wrong. They spread to my mother plant and others.... I went with the hot shot strips worked for about 3 weeks then they started coming back. Now I'm removing damaged leaves and hitting all the other leafs with soapy water to control there population. Does any one have any extra ideas while I'm flowering....? Thanks

canniwhatsis is offline Registered+
    The problem with the HotShots strip is the mites can actually become tolerant of it, and read the MSDS on that thing,.... You don't want to be in the fuckin room with it!

I'm battling mites on the wifes mini roses and basil that are in the front window,... and thankfully they haven't spread beyond that bay,.... I'm going the NEEM oil route with this battle. It's been 2 day's since I noticed the infestation, and did my first spraying, there still there but there numbers have diminished, I'll be spraying again soon since it's getting rid of the eggs and larva that's the kicker,... the whole front window will be getting treated for several weeks even if all signs of the little bastards are gone.

If your late in flowering Neem isn't a good idea since it stinks to high hell and will effect the flavor of your buds,.... Nor are the no pest strips since that poison soaks into the buds and cant flush out, but early in flowering Neem, Azamax, and any of the pyretheum (sp? ) based miticides should work.

Or look into the Biological end,...... ie, predatory mites,....

predatory mites for sale - Google Search

beware that the miteicides will kill the predators too.

Good luck with your mites,... and if you have the energy, send me some good vibes for wrecking my mites before they reach my grow room!
    GaGrown likes this.
    I'm not a botanist but I play one on the internet!

All posts by this user should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

If any posts made by this user are considered offensive please un-read them

CanGro is offline Registered+
    Best way to get rid of spider mites and we've used this method now for about 5 years and that's to use ladybirds(ladybugs).
    Fuck it have a bucket, nope smoke some dope, wrong have a bong.
    If life was to be taken serious, god wouldnt have created da weed.

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    Neem oil. Spray on leaves in veg, getting top and bottom....Leaves will get a waxy shine and then they don't need more.

Spider mites are not killed by neem, they can't eat the stuff as babies. So you kill off the hatchlings. The adults just live out their lives and die.

I had a horrible infestation about 2 years ago. Learned prevention is much easier and less costly than chasing them down as an infestation. Treat the plants from about 2 weeks in veg until they are into flower 2 weeks.

Use a good deterrent poison outside the grow area and at the air intake(s), I use Sevin, once a month, just a simple spray a line around the perimeter of the room.

I have not had mites since I began this process. In non-mite season, I drop the foliar spraying of the neem, but make sure that at least 2 months before the season the plants are being sprayed as they will uptake some of the neem and it will be systemic.

Neem comes from a tree. Non-toxic to humans.
    GaGrown likes this.
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

man im tierd of these dam things....
    Last edited by Coachgee; Jul-14-2010 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by canniwhatsis View Post
    The problem with the HotShots strip is the mites can actually become tolerant of it, and read the MSDS on that thing,.... You don't want to be in the fuckin room with it!

I'm battling mites on the wifes mini roses and basil that are in the front window,... and thankfully they haven't spread beyond that bay,.... I'm going the NEEM oil route with this battle. It's been 2 day's since I noticed the infestation, and did my first spraying, there still there but there numbers have diminished, I'll be spraying again soon since it's getting rid of the eggs and larva that's the kicker,... the whole front window will be getting treated for several weeks even if all signs of the little bastards are gone.

If your late in flowering Neem isn't a good idea since it stinks to high hell and will effect the flavor of your buds,.... Nor are the no pest strips since that poison soaks into the buds and cant flush out, but early in flowering Neem, Azamax, and any of the pyretheum (sp? ) based miticides should work.

Or look into the Biological end,...... ie, predatory mites,....

predatory mites for sale - Google Search

beware that the miteicides will kill the predators too.

Good luck with your mites,... and if you have the energy, send me some good vibes for wrecking my mites before they reach my grow room!
    Thanks Cann im going to run to the hydro store today coz im tierd and I want to add this 250watt MH but im just so bumbed over these bugs....

Quote Originally Posted by CanGro View Post
    Best way to get rid of spider mites and we've used this method now for about 5 years and that's to use ladybirds(ladybugs).
    You know thats a good idea and I think if run past some I might just get a bag.....Thanks cangro

Quote Originally Posted by WashougalWonder View Post
    Neem oil. Spray on leaves in veg, getting top and bottom....Leaves will get a waxy shine and then they don't need more.

Spider mites are not killed by neem, they can't eat the stuff as babies. So you kill off the hatchlings. The adults just live out their lives and die.

I had a horrible infestation about 2 years ago. Learned prevention is much easier and less costly than chasing them down as an infestation. Treat the plants from about 2 weeks in veg until they are into flower 2 weeks.

Use a good deterrent poison outside the grow area and at the air intake(s), I use Sevin, once a month, just a simple spray a line around the perimeter of the room.

I have not had mites since I began this process. In non-mite season, I drop the foliar spraying of the neem, but make sure that at least 2 months before the season the plants are being sprayed as they will uptake some of the neem and it will be systemic.

Neem comes from a tree. Non-toxic to humans.
    Hey wash I dont think the neem oil will work coz im 14 days into flowering now..... But thanks for the help im getting on top of this ASAP....

CovertCarpenter is offline Registered+

Cool I've heard of people who....

...spray one last neem application at the two-week-into-flowering point, and then no more after that.

Just sum'n I done heard... and couple the neem with some DutchM4$t3r Penetrator/Saturator, for extra effectiveness (helped me get rid of bloody bugz).

And the Bugz were No More...
    (c)C
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    My 'build thread: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-vanished.html
    My 'grow' thread: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ng-partay.html

Quote Originally Posted by CovertCarpenter View Post
    ...spray one last neem application at the two-week-into-flowering point, and then no more after that.

Just sum'n I done heard... and couple the neem with some DutchM4$t3r Penetrator/Saturator, for extra effectiveness (helped me get rid of bloody bugz).

And the Bugz were No More...
    Thanks Ccarpenter the neem is not an option now I'm to far into flowering... I'm just going to have to wash the leafs and spray them with cold water when the lights are off.... I can't wait tip there done so I can fumigate my grow room...

disoBAYish is offline Registered+
    Concentrated Neem Oil is $12.00 at Lowes. Use an old 1 gallon milk jug to mix the solution. Use 2 Tablespoons of Neem Oil per 1 gallon of water. Then put the solution in a spray bottle (.99 Cents) and spray your plants once a week all the way up to week 2 of Flowering.

khyberkitsune is offline Banned
    You're applying your Hot shot pest control strip improperly.

I'm using year-old control strips and they're still killing everything in sight.

As a side note, someone didn't read the MSDS too carefully. Note the volatility - it's gone after a week. You can leave the strip in your flowering room THE ENTIRE TIME. After your week of drying before you cure, it has broken down and is GONE.

And while it can be absorbed by the skin and lungs, I've suffered no ill effect even though I'm surrounded by the strips in my office. I've had worse working at Sergeants on their flea medication Unifill machine.
    Last edited by khyberkitsune; Jul-18-2010 at 14:28.

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    Neem can be used up to 2 weeks before harvest
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

PKroniK is offline Registered
    Been having small mite problems the last two crops. Always during flowering. Anyway, I havent tried this yet, but someone told me to puree an orange peel, and add small amounts to the soil when planting. Supposedly keeps mites totally away. Any thoughts on why this wouldnt be a good idea?

ZiggZagger420 is offline Registered

Angry fuck the strips

Im so sick and tired of all you telling everyone use this or use that for spyder mites FUCK !! My spyder mites eat those strips for desert and shower in neem oil fuck !! Im about ready to throw a can of gas into my room and flip it a fuckin match !!! and if we can send a man to the moon I wish there was a fuckin bug that would be like in that movie where those huge insects killed humans i hate spydermites !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachgee View Post
    Thanks Stra8 I was told a week would do for the strip is it safe to leave it for two weeks??? and should I have the fan directly on the plants or towards the wall???

Garlic thats a new one how effective is that Haze???