Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: red hairs (pic)

bluntar is offline Registered+

Question red hairs (pic)

so i woke up and found that my smallest sadest plant has some red hairs comeing out...this is strange to me because it is one of the last to be growing up and it looks like it might want to call it quits sooner than the others. it is only a few hairs that look like the rest but red. they come from where i found the first sets of hairs when she started flowering. could this be a hermie? please tell me that it is normal and ok.

the best i can do..the camera is not too good at close ups, also the hairs are verry small. same pic just one is...well u c

red hairs (pic)-imag0242.jpg

red hairs (pic)-imag0242-edit.jpg

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

everything is offline Registered+

No worries

Whats happening?

I cant see didly in your pics but I see the circle you drew.... That area is where the "pre-flowers" form and it would be totally normal to see some pistols there turning brown or red.... That happens as the pistols age and the pre-flower locations are the oldest pistols on the plant.....

Peace and god luck on a health harvest

everything is offline Registered+

No worries

Whats happening?

I cant see didly in your pics but I see the circle you drew.... That area is where the "pre-flowers" form and it would be totally normal to see some pistols there turning brown or red....
    That happens as the pistols age and the pre-flower locations are the oldest pistols on the plant.....

Peace and good luck on a healthy harvest

luvtogrow is offline Registered+
    Makes sense to watch for the male flowers. Are the hairs just turning or turning and dropping?

LUDACRIS is offline Registered+
    Closer pics would help but if the PISTILS are prematurely shriveling/browning and dying then you have a pollinated plant or a hermie as i said its hard to say with those pics. The pistils on the lower buds will be affected first by shriveling up and dying if you have a hermie due to pollen pods forming in the top buds and dropping pollen on to the lower buds first.

bobjob4u is offline Registered+
    Again pistols shows sexual maturity . Meaning if pollenated they can produce seeds and such. It doesnt mean it is ready to harvest or that it has been pollenated or it is gonna hermy.Not saying it cant if stressed. Most anything i have seen done will brown 3-5 weeks before trichomes show it is time to harvest. By those pics you are no where near harvest..

Quote Originally Posted by bobjob4u View Post
    Again pistols shows sexual maturity . Meaning if pollenated they can produce seeds and such. It doesnt mean it is ready to harvest or that it has been pollenated or it is gonna hermy.Not saying it cant if stressed. Most anything i have seen done will brown 3-5 weeks before trichomes show it is time to harvest. By those pics you are no where near harvest..
    This is not true as harvest time is determined by trichome progression and nothing to do with the PISTILS.

(why does everybody here call the PISTOLS ????)

PISTOLS GO BANG BANG

any who they all have red hairs as we enter week 7. what gets me tho is that the trichomes are still clear, a few milky but mostly clear...will i ever get to harvest?

Quote Originally Posted by bluntar View Post
    PISTOLS GO BANG BANG

any who they all have red hairs as we enter week 7. what gets me tho is that the trichomes are still clear, a few milky but mostly clear...will i ever get to harvest?
    When the trichomes are clear to milky thats when the plant has the maximum THC levels and if you wait for them to go amber the THC has then degraded and changed in to CBN + CBC chemicals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red hairs (pic)-trikechart.jpg  
    Last edited by LUDACRIS; Aug-03-2010 at 18:34.

cool man, thx alot....i took one last look before the lights went out and found a few amber ones!! yay..was not looking close enough before. now i dont want to kill her hahahah. thank you agean

never would have ben able to make this is photo shop with out a little help from the one we love

photoshop plsnt copy.bmp 300.bmp

looks cooler when its biger..had to adjust file size tho
    Last edited by bluntar; Aug-03-2010 at 20:32.

cool man, thx alot....i took one last look before the lights went out and found a few amber ones!! yay..was not looking close enough before. now i dont want to kill her hahahah. thank you agean

never would have ben able to make this is photo shop with out a little help from the one we love

photoshop plsnt copy.bmp 300.bmp

looks cooler when its biger..had to adjust file size tho

Time to harvest when you see golden trichomes before the THC levels degrade any more. Fell free to ask me anything you are stuck with and i dont do hydro. Just non organic soil is good for me.
    (good luck).

LUDA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red hairs (pic)-img_0025.jpg   red hairs (pic)-img_0021.jpg   red hairs (pic)-img_0023.jpg  

red hairs (pic)-img_0027.jpg  
    Last edited by LUDACRIS; Aug-03-2010 at 20:41.

how do you end up with the top cola looking like that...like its trying to go 4 ways?

how do you end up with the top cola looking like that...like its trying to go 4 ways?
    Its just a single cola plant and has not been trained or topped/fimmed. Its mostly to do with the way i manipulate the photoperiod during veg to have a plant with many nodes (bud sites) before i start to go 12/12.

LUDA.

bigsby is offline Banned
    Can you tell us more? I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsby View Post
    Can you tell us more? I'm interested.

Soon as i wake up a little i will be right on it for you.
    (that plant was ready in 92 days from ungerminated seed to harvest).

LUDA.

OK these plant/s were started from seeds straight in to pre soaked jiffys and put in a propgator (kept at 74*). it took 3-4 days for them all to sprout from the jiffys. As soon as they sprouted the jiffys were potted in 4" pots and placed under my 400w HPS fitted with a growlux sunmaster bulb. I start my vegging with a 24/0 photoperiod for the first 2 weeks to keep them short and bushy then after 2 weeks of 24/0 they have around 10-20 nodes. After 2 weeks of 24/0 i then switch to 18/6 to get some stretch on them as we know S.A.R.P and the 6hrs of dark is when the plants start to stretch looking for the light (when its dark). After the 4 weeks of vegging this way my plant/s will be around 12" tall with many more nodes then at the 4 week mark i switch to 12/12 and in 8 weeks they are always ready to harvest at around 3ft tall with milky trichomes and are cut and dried for around 2-3 weeks on a washing line. Once fully dried they go into glass mason jars and left to cure for 4 weeks minimum (opening the jars daily "burping the jars). I use the same bulb (400w hps growlux) from sprout to harvest (no bulb changing).

Here is another pic from the top and the seeds i used for this grow.
    (please ask about soil and nutes grown in if you need more info)

THANKS.

LUDA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red hairs (pic)-img_0024.jpg   red hairs (pic)-img_0014.jpg   red hairs (pic)-040909.jpg  

red hairs (pic)-img_0010.jpg   red hairs (pic)-img_0022.jpg  
    Last edited by LUDACRIS; Aug-04-2010 at 14:01.

bigsby is offline Banned
    So riddle me this. I've always wondered about modifying the light schedule towards the end of the grow to more accurately reflect the natural environment. My thinking was to reduce the light period by 15 minutes every 2 or 3 days for the last two weeks of flower, thereby simulating the onset of fall. The idea being that the plants will beef up flower production sensing the coming winter. I was concerned that this might stress the plants but now I'm thinking I'll give it a try. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsby View Post
    So riddle me this. I've always wondered about modifying the light schedule towards the end of the grow to more accurately reflect the natural environment. My thinking was to reduce the light period by 15 minutes every 2 or 3 days for the last two weeks of flower, thereby simulating the onset of fall. The idea being that the plants will beef up flower production sensing the coming winter. I was concerned that this might stress the plants but now I'm thinking I'll give it a try. Thoughts?

Most go from 12/12 (late in flowering) to 11/13 or 10/14 to densify the buds but your idea is on track but i suggest just switching from 12/12 2 weeks before harvest to 11/13 or 10/14 rather than the hassle of slowly dropping it day by day. If you are switching photoperiods then its best to keep it simple and stick with it. I just stick to 12/12 until harvest time and only switch photoperoids 3 times 24/0 to 18/6 and then 12/12.

LUDA.
    Last edited by LUDACRIS; Aug-04-2010 at 17:20.

luda, bigs...what do you think about shock ripening or whatever? ice water then 3 days of darkness then harvest....is it worth it? dose it work?

luda, bigs...what do you think about shock ripening or whatever? ice water then 3 days of darkness then harvest....is it worth it? dose it work?
    NO its not worth it. Just harvest the plant when its ready. Simple as that. No dark period is required before chopping.

LUDA.

Timing the Harvest.

Many growers will disagree with us on when the best time is to harvest the buds (female plants). When the plants are left in the ground, and are alive but past the main bloom, the resinous qualities of the plant may become more apparent. The bracts and tiny leaves may swell in size, and the leaves feel thicker. The coating of resin glands will change colour. Leaves often yellow and fall form the plant. Much of the green colour in the flowering buds may also be lost. Harvests of these buds more closely resembles commercial Colombian grass than typical homegrown. The resin content of the dried buds may be higher, and the grass will smoke more harshly than if the buds were younger when picked. You may prefer these qualities in your grass, and some growers insist this grass is stonier. We feel that the grass will give you the highest high when it is picked as described previously. Smoking is a personal experience, and you should try different approaches and come to your own conclusions.

The first time you grow marijuana is largely a learning experience. Most growers can't wait to start their second crop, because they are certain that they'll improve on both the quantity and the quality of their crop, and this is usually true. The wise grower will not put all his proverbial eggs in one basket. It is a good idea to monitor potency by taking samples every few days when harvest time is drawing near, just as such monitoring is for deciding when to harvest growing shoots during vegetative growth.

In any garden, some of the plants will mature sooner than others. Use the plant(s) that is earliest to mature to decide at what point in its development the plant reaches maximum potency. This finding then serves as a guide for harvesting the rest of the plants.

Try to use buds from approximately the same position on the plant each time you sample. Take only enough to make a joint or two. The more you standardise your testing (and this includes your smoking evaluation), the more accurate your results may be.

Final Harvesting.

The time of harvest is a time of joy. It is also a time for caution. Unless the safety of your garden is assured, you will want to harvest quickly, quietly and as efficiently as possible. Ideally, each plant is harvested as it matures, but some of you will have to harvest all at once.

It is best to take cardboard boxes or large, sturdy bags to carry the harvest. You want to harvest the plants with as little crushing or damage to the flowers as possible.

Bring a strong knife, heavy shears, or clippers for cutting the stalks. The quickest way to harvest is to cut each plant at its base. Once the plants are on the ground, cut the stalks into manageable lengths for boxing or bagging. Separate large branches as needed for packing.

The bagged or boxed material should be moved to the curing or drying area as soon as possible. If you let the plants sit in the trunk of a car or in plastic bags, they will start to ferment and small in less than a day.

LUDACRIS.
    Last edited by LUDACRIS; Aug-05-2010 at 02:50.

so you are saying to pick a bud, roll a few joints with directly from the plant?...i dont know man...i thought you couldnt tell that the final product was gona be like untill it was actually final product...seems like it would be to wet to smoke and it would taste like chlorophyll

also i was wondering, i found a hermie before and it looks likr it pollinated one of my girls, she...IT is full of seeds....will this plant produce polin and pollinate my other plants of just produce seeds

Zeffer is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by LUDACRIS View Post
    Its just a single cola plant and has not been trained or topped/fimmed. Its mostly to do with the way i manipulate the photoperiod during veg to have a plant with many nodes (bud sites) before i start to go 12/12.

LUDA.
    WhaWha whaat ! ? Lordy Lordy those are nice... without the manipulation
    maneuvers ? ! They look like dat ! ? Shizt, I've gotta do some testing, cuz'n mine are taking to long to grow !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast