Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)

abananout is offline Registered
    wow I still cant believe they have taken this long... deffo not an auto flower but they are looking niiiiiice!

bourner is offline Registered+
    Day 124

Quote Originally Posted by abananout View Post
    wow I still cant believe they have taken this long... deffo not an auto flower but they are looking niiiiiice!
    Thanks man, id say a few more weeks left til our celebratory smoke :P
    Few more pics today, abit dodgy quality (playin around with a new android camera app lol) enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-camerazoom-20110526161104.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-camerazoom-20110526161150.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-camerazoom-20110526161248.jpg  

--==((__ Happy Daze __))==--

DAY 131

Were currently flushing the biggest girl, so should be ready to harvest in about a week, tho we're keeping the lower parts of the plant under light as its not fully mature yet.
    Heres a few pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373035.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373041.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373039.jpg  

Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373029.jpg  

DAY 133

We cut off some of the most mature branches from one of our best ladies today, the buds were soo heavy the plant could bearly stand up! About 50/50 cloudy/amber trichs atm so are looking pretty good.

P.S sorry for the messy table :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373047.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373050.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373048.jpg  

Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373046.jpg  

After cutting and trimming some leaf from the top buds:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373051.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373053.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373057.jpg  

Last edited by bourner; Jun-03-2011 at 19:20.
    Tiggy23 likes this.

Today we took down the drying buds and trimmed, the weight of buds came to 37grams I predict another 10-15grams when the rest of that plant is done. Lets hope the other 4 girls follow trend!
    Had a test smoke today and it was really nice, dont want to comment too much til its cured for a little while at least though.
    Heres a few snaps:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110606_010658.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110606_010712.jpg  

rattlingdags is offline Registered+
    Looking great and its only going to be better when all the girls are done
    Disclaimer: Everything I write is simply virtual roleplaying. Life is but a play, so lets play.

Quote Originally Posted by rattlingdags View Post
    Looking great
    Ta hows your babies doing?

Great thanks. I'm about 2 weeks from my second harvest sog style, but for the next young ones I've LST'ed and some topped and they've just gone 12/12. Curious to see what the longer (a month) veg time will do for their yield.

Have you got plans for another grow?
    Disclaimer: Everything I write is simply virtual roleplaying. Life is but a play, so lets play.

Thats good news rattling, next time im gonnaa see the opposite - what the shorter veg time does for my plants yield :P I havent got plans for another grow as yet, but gonna leave it for a while, as im moving houses and need things to settle down first, plus im looking forward to not being paranoid everytime i hear sirens go past my house or my landlord fishing around my stinky flat!

StickyBuds1987 is offline Registered+
    hey man good job those buds look nice happy smoking.
    Everything posted by StickyBuds1987 pics, video's and so on are fakes found on the internet this is just for role playing use only.

Hey again all, sorry for lack up recent updates, but 2 of the 5 plants are now in 2days dark time (before harvest), theres 3 more that are still under light for the next 2 days only. For some of the plants it feels too early, but iv had to chop them as im moving house in 2 weeks and need some drying time before i can jar the buds and move.
    Iv recently smoked some of my first crop thats been curing and its really nice - very distinctive blueberry taste and the buds are really compact. Il get some photos up (hopefully) tomorrow when i harvest another 2 plants.
    P.S rattling I just saw the pics from your current grow ('the girls'), veery nice kola's, beauty of a grow.

Lovely that your enjoying the smoke from your first havest Love to see photos.
    Moving house is a pain in the ass at any time but it can't be helped if you have to chop a little early.

Thats nice you saw my girls I don't normally do photos but I thought its time to change my sheep av.
    Actually if your still thinking of trying a shorter veg period then those girls were veged for a week and half. The photo's (crappy phone shots sorry) were taken at 8 weeks flower and now at 9 weeks they've filled out quite a bit more - might update the photos. A couple of days and they're for the chop

washmedical is offline Registered+
    nice job

HARVEST (finally!)

Harvest has finally come, once the plants were ready we put them under 2-3days dark time, and after a 'chop n trim', we laid our nugs out on a drying rack (with a fan from the bottom). After about a week we jarred to cure (as they still remain).

YIELD

The yeild was better than expected and we were chuffed at around 6.5oz dry This was after me and my flatmate trimmed leaf and stem from every bud (was effort but worth it!). Some plants were alot more successful than others, yeilding around 2oz, while weaker girls only gave around 14-20grams.

POTENCY

While we did the (nubish) thing of smoking bud before it was fully cured, the final (flushed dried and cured) bud is an excellent smoke, and the same is true for the strength, and is stronger than alot of the 'hi-grade' weed available in our area.

We decided to make a big cake from all our trimmings, leaf and stem (plus tossed in a 4gram bud :P), and woowww.. (special thanks to our amazin chef).

TASTE

When picking a strain to grow, taste is a high priority for me. I chose blueberry because i didnt want a bulk load of bud that tastes like nothing but skunk, but instead wanted a rich fruity taste.
    I was abit skeptical about the taste when we first harvested (..chlorophyll), but the taste when cured is a completely different story. Really pungent odour, and overpowering blueberry taste.

APPEARANCE

While you can see from some of the attached photos, the buds are full of red hairs. The buds are also compact, and pretty bulky. There was alot of lower branches sporting small leafy buds, so we collected them all and after trimming, filled up a jar full of popcorn buds (around 30grams).

CONCLUSION

Thanks all for reading peeps (even the 'silent' watchers), hope people can learn from this growlog (I definately did). We got there in the end and now have a nice cured harvest so it was worth it in the end.

Anything I left out let me know, Peace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373069.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373072.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373060.jpg  

Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373062.jpg  

More pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373079.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl373081.jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234