Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)

bourner is offline Registered+

Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)

Hi all,
    This is my first post to the cannabis.com forums, so hey all, just thought id start up a growlog of my auto feminised blueberrys.
    This is my 3rd grow, 2nd indoor, so any tips or mistakes anyone picks up please let me know.
    Iv currently got 5 indoor auto feminised blueberrys under CFL (with reflector), the plants are currently around 15days after germination, and are under a cool bulb for vegging 20/4. I have them already feeding on vitalink nutrients, and i will change these as the plant matures into flowering.

As mentioned before I have had no previous experience with autoflowering strains (my last grow was serious seeds white russian), so im curious about the quality and yield.

Iv attached a few photos, and will continue to post more as the plants progress, feedback is always welcome!

Thanks for reading
    b0urner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110206_095048.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110206_095138.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110206_095149.jpg  

cturner1984 is offline Registered+
    they look nice and healthy keep doing what your doing
    never give up on what you've got.
    When one door of happiness closes, another opens
    but often we look so long at the closed door that
    we do not see the one which has opened for us.

**Personal Use Grower Only**

A few more pics taken today, now around 23 days.

Iv found some older photos on my phone which show the plants when they were alot younger, only prob is iv messed up the order of the photos lol but il upload and post them soon.

I wanted to see if you guys recommend lowering/raising my cfls from the plants, and also it seems the plants that have matured the most are turning a paler, more yellow green, does anyone know if this is normal for auto strains or for blueberry in particular?

P.S good to know my baby girls are growing nice n healthy, thanks cturner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110209_121256.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110209_121347.jpg  

Plants are now around a month old, and iv seen a few white hairs around the bigger plants, but unfortunately my phone camera blurs with closeup shots.

Iv taken a few swissXT plants under my wing, they were in really bad condition from the first-time grower, in small pots with no room for roots or holes for drainage. The swiss werent feeding from the soil well and when my freind gave them to me the soil felt like a wet sponge.
    After repotting them iv put them with my other babies, but iv advised him to start again, especially as they only look a few days old and are actually older than mine!
    Anyway heres some new pics taken this morning, enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110213_133202.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110213_133223.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-img_20110213_133229.jpg  

Lets rewind abit, I wanted to show photos from seed to harvest, so after searching around various harddrives, here they are.

oh and I seem to be missing photos for the first week or so of growth, my butter-fingered housemate managed to delete them!

Day 10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372753.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372752.jpg  

Day 15
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372754.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372755.jpg  

Day 20
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372762.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372763.jpg  

DAY 23
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372771.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372774.jpg  

Day 28

Plants have now moved into flowering, and while the autoflowering means i dont have to adjust the light patterns, I changed the bulb to a flowering CFL, and have started adjusted nutrients accordingly.

Oh and I got rid of my mates dying plants, cant see much hope for them

b0urner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372776.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372778.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372779.jpg  

Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372783.jpg  

DAY 30

They seem to be adapting to the flowering bulb nicely, tho I need to start monitoring my PH levels more closely cus some of the leaves are showing slight burns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372786.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372789.jpg  

forgot to mention, i also cut back two of the plants from the main stem, im doing an experiment to find my preference on topping

Tiggy23 is offline Registered
    Sorry about the photos ! we had lots of them of your previous grow and early photos of our current plants... its the old shift+delete habit!

DAY 34

Great news - All 5 plants are females!

Posted a few pics below of some closeups showing whitehairs.

I also bought some molasses to try out, and gave them their first feed of it today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372806.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl2372791.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl2372792.jpg  

Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl2372796.jpg  

rattlingdags is offline Registered+
    Good looking new growth - well done
    I'm giving molasses for the first time today also, so hope both our girls like a little sweet drink
    Disclaimer: Everything I write is simply virtual roleplaying. Life is but a play, so lets play.

Quote Originally Posted by rattlingdags View Post
    Good looking new growth - well done
    I'm giving molasses for the first time today also, so hope both our girls like a little sweet drink
    cheers man, got any pics of your babies? lemme know if you notice much change with the molasses

loststix is offline Registered+

Talking thanks

hey man thanks for all the pic ya have put up.
    keep it up
    i am thinking of getting a few of these for myself and will be looking forward to ur post
    molasses i would be interested to see how it goes on auto's works great on non-auto's
    keep the pic's coming and anything else that happens with them
    thanks for the grow log

Thanks lostix, as this is my first grow with both autos and molasses, I too am very interested to see the results for myself.
    Its good to see the growlog is useful to others also tho, and if the plants develop any problems it will be really useful to have the support of the gurus in the forums.
    More pics coming soon guys
    b0urner

OldHead09 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bourner View Post
    DAY 30

They seem to be adapting to the flowering bulb nicely, tho I need to start monitoring my PH levels more closely cus some of the leaves are showing slight burns.
    Those ladies look healthy and beautiful....I have grown AF's before and took a tip from someone that turned out to be true in my opinion.. If you plant using tree nursery pots or orchid pots ( something that is very deep ) they will grow even more. From my understanding due to the Rudeleris (sp.) geno the tap roots happen to drive deep early and further than other strains. Of course there are rare selective breeds that are AF but bred specifically from a normal plant with exceptional pheno. Either way, keep up the good work!

cheers man, got any pics of your babies? lemme know if you notice much change with the molasses
    I gave my kids a half-ish dose of molasses yesterday, a 1/2 teaspoon per 4 litres and this morning everyone looks fine. Will probably go full dose next plain watering. What did yours think bourner and how much did you give them?

A couple of pics. These are Kandahar at the end of week 2 flower. We don't veg them as long as most of you guys, just 2 weeks max.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/members/r...8-kids-148.jpg
    http://boards.cannabis.com/members/r...9-kids-149.jpg
    Disclaimer: Everything I write is simply virtual roleplaying. Life is but a play, so lets play.

I put 1teaspoon per 4 litres of molasses, and yea theyr looking fine this morning also.
    Nice lookin plants rattling, how come the short vegging time tho?

Cheers for the tip old, iv also heard that about AF strains, and that theyr very intollerant of small grow pots (restricting their roots).

Heres a few more pics i took this morning. The pics also show the branches forming after the toppings were taken.

Day 36
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372814.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372815.jpg   Auto Blueberry (LowLife seeds)-sl372813.jpg  

Last edited by bourner; Feb-22-2011 at 09:36.

and im seriously running out of room haha

They are really bushing out Your going to have your own jungle there lol.

We don't veg long just for sog. Dutch houses are so very small that space and height is extremely tight. Can't swing a cat, so must comprimise with plant size.

abananout is offline Registered
    yea boi they are looking real nice, they have branched out alot more than I had originally expected which is always a bonus (:

LOL rattling lets just hope this jungle produces enough bud/

See you on weekend aban, you can have a gander at my girls then, plus iv got some cheese til harvest time :P

Welcome back to the forums all, lovin the new site theme.
    Ok so I left off from day 36, since then iv been feeding them molasses and flowering nutrients and they're loving it. To mix in the molasses, I tend to stick half a teaspoon of it under a slow hot tap and let it dissolve into the feed beneath it, works good but if anyone know any easier ways lemme know.
    Alot of the potential budding spots were getting covered by the fan leaves on some of the plants so I took some time to tie the fan leaves under them, and the only thing I could think to use which was to-hand was a coil of solder, and it worked a treat! Il get some photos up when I can face my hangover demon and get outa bed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast