Cannabis.com

Thread: where can one buy loose activated carbon cheap?

DrSuess is offline Registered+

where can one buy loose activated carbon cheap?

So that i could fill old computer case lined with cotton like in a fish tank. with a 440 cbm 6" inline fan what can anyone tell me. thankxs

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

iambuterdtoast is offline Registered+
    Typically, it is a medically oriented product and can be found in just about any store that has home health remedies such as cough syrups, tylenol, aspirin etc. Try your local drug chain, it is also in first aid kits and lists with ipecac syrups indicated for poison ingestions not linked to petroleum products.

"It should not be that expensive, most likely about 4 bucks for 8 oz bottle....just a guess but then again I used to buy it by the case not the bottle in my line of work. This type is fine particles that you can pour like salt. To me this is easier to work with when you make your filter."
    Where to buy Activated Carbon? - The Garden's Cure

You may need to transfer after a while, a computer case might get kind of snug on a mature plant, good lucK!

Toastyroadie is offline Registered+
    Walmart carries it in the pet fish isle.

walmart dot com/ip/Activated-Carbon-Filter-Fish-Aquatic-Pets/3765514

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    Yep, you folks are right, but the proper kind of carbon is important too. Through my research it is cheaper to buy the filter already made than buy the stuff to make the filter....cost's the same

My advice is buy a filter and then learn or figure out how to recycle the carbon in an oven.
    Last edited by WashougalWonder; Feb-15-2011 at 07:16.
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

Mrbudkisd is offline Registered+
    iF YOU ARE IN THE PORTLAND AREA YOU CAN GET ACTIVATED PREMIUM COCONUT SHELL CARBON FROM SEAHORSE AQUARIUM SUPPLI IN BULK FORM. iT IS THE GOOD STUFF. Anyplace that sells live corals will also have it.

15 Pounds - 5 Gallons Bulk Lignite Aquarium Carbon - English

I agree...its probably cheaper to buy one premade.

DogtowN is offline Banned
    I don't know what ya'll are using that makes your home built filters so pricey.

My filter cost less than $50 for everything, carbon included, The AC from PetsMart or Wallyworld works just fine. Refilling is less than $20. I do it twice a year, dump and refill, 15 minutes and a twenty-dollar bill.

Re-cycle AC? No thanks. That's a dirty , messy process. Maybe if my AC was made from spun gold...

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    Well my store bought filter is 40 inches long and 8 inside diameter. I can't do that with $15 bucks of the cheap crap that isn't really designed to use for air scrubbing.

The 5 gal for $70 is the best price I have seen. I would probably need 4 gals to refill my filter.............
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

Graywolf is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbudkisd View Post
    iF YOU ARE IN THE PORTLAND AREA YOU CAN GET ACTIVATED PREMIUM COCONUT SHELL CARBON FROM SEAHORSE AQUARIUM SUPPLI IN BULK FORM. iT IS THE GOOD STUFF. Anyplace that sells live corals will also have it.

15 Pounds - 5 Gallons Bulk Lignite Aquarium Carbon - English

I agree...its probably cheaper to buy one premade.
    Hee, hee, hee, an aquarium supply is a stellar choice..............