Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lumens per plant?

Atom Bong is offline Registered+

Lumens per plant?

How many lumens would it take for 1 plant to live a happy life? (surrounded in mylar)

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Zandor is offline Registered+
    It's a short cycle plant it's not ment to live for ever. I have kept mothers for 5 years last time but it was hard to keep her healthy the last year.

The goal is give your plant 10,000 lumens of light or more. The more the better as long as the heat does not burn the plant.
    Peace
    Zandor

If you go cheap you grow cheap. - Me

i dont mean as a mother plant, im just talking from seedling to harvest, kill it, lather. rinse. repeat

karmaxul is offline Banned
    Depends on the size of the area. 1500 lumens per sq. foot. There are other factors aswell such as CO2, spectrum, and envirnment. (god damn I wrote you last night and my posts are still getting erased, WTF)

Mothers will last forever on 24 hours light. That is why 18/6 is no good. The hormones get burnt out.

mobay is offline Registered+
    damn karmaxul this is a new guy trying to get some help, ease up, atom bong started here 3 years after the WTC attacks, he has only 64 post since 2004 and you have 892 since last month, so let the guy ask all the questions he wants.

see people like you scare new guys away with your comments. so if you dont have anything productive to say keep quiet.

turtle420 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mobay
    see people like you scare new guys away with your comments. so if you dont have anything productive to say keep quiet.
    Oooookayyyy....

What the fuck was that Mobay?

I fail to see where Karmaxul "scared" away the new guy.,... honestly... ???

<><><><>

In other news....

KARMAXUL,

What do yo mean "the hormones" get burnt out with 18/6 of light?

Why is 24/0 better for mothers?

Thanks,

-turtle420

Garden Knowm is offline Registered+
    yeah what zandor said...
    and 1500 lumens is NOT ENOUGH

i love you
    GARDEN KNOWM

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 -5 - 4...

turtle420 it sound like he was getting pissed cause he had to repeat himself. karmaxul if you wasnt pissed for re-typing your info to atom bong, my fault. but if were pissed return to post # 6.

Jdog7000 is offline Registered+
    Mobay your right.
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

thank you jdog7000 when turtle responded i thought i made a mistake, but the way i read it was ( god damn i wrote you last night) talking to atom bong and the part ( and my posts are still getting erased, WTF) was going to the mods.

postmandave is offline Registered+
    some ones stressed out lol and i totaly agree 1500 is no were near enough,unless its a misprintand thats the way mobay

calibabe is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by mobay
    damn karmaxul this is a new guy trying to get some help, ease up, atom bong started here 3 years after the WTC attacks, he has only 64 post since 2004 and you have 892 since last month, so let the guy ask all the questions he wants.

you got it wrong there , I think he was complaining about posts being deleted not mouthing off,so read his post properly, kiss, kiss calibabexxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by karmaxul
    Depends on the size of the area. 1500 lumens per sq. foot. There are other factors aswell such as CO2, spectrum, and envirnment. (god damn I wrote you last night and my posts are still getting erased, WTF)

Mothers will last forever on 24 hours light. That is why 18/6 is no good. The hormones get burnt out.
    Your numbers are way off dude. I have tried to keep mothers for ever but they did not keep. 5 years was to long and she died on her own. The clones were fine from her but she had problem recovering the last year.

1500 lumens per sqft is not even close, you must have lumens confused.

Plants do best with 10,000 lumens to each plant or more. The old rule of thumb is 50 watts for every sqft but in truth that is still a little low but works.

18/6 light cycle is fine it saves a little money on the power and gives the plant a little rest. There is no measurable difference between a plant vegged at 18/6 and under 24/0 light. Advanced nutrients answered this question many years ago under lab conditions.
    Peace
    Zandor

1500 lumens ? shit theres 2300 lumens in a fluoresent light 125w. he has to be thinking 15000.

Hah, im not that new to this, i was a member on overgrow until i woke up one sad morning, ive read just about everything any of these sites have brought to me and that was the one thing i never saw. SO have you guys made up your minds yet on what it is? im not asking lumens per square foot, im asking how many lumens would it take from start to finish, at its least while the plant still lives happy until harvest comes around and i murder it.

BlueDragonSmoke is offline Registered+
    a small HPS would do the trick ...start to finish if you had 2....lol...

problem with hps, is heat and no room for a ballast, stealth grow goin on here

britewire is offline Registered+
    210W smartlight... I haven't got a clue where to buy one of those abroad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lumens per plant?-c88465df6eaf602dd2782ffb653be2b6.jpg  

There are some CFL that give off some good light. Check some of BobBongs threads or harddons threads they like using CFL and look like they do fine with it.
    Peace
    Zandor

Garden Knowm is offline Registered+
    CAlibabe -
    welcome to heaven

CFL - not a big fan but....
    I AM a beliver

and you can take a look for yourself...
    that's just 1 cola
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lumens per plant?-cfl.jpg  
    GARDEN KNOWM

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 -5 - 4...

GrowinGreen23 is offline Registered+
    So you're saying that the 1600 lumens light i just got is nto enough for one plant surrounded by white paper and foil? it's a 100 watt bulb because that's all they had in stock it's a CFL light....no good????

GrowinGreen23
    What I am saying is purely fictional. Please be clear that I do not condone people breaking the law! I do not grow anything I say I do and any pictures posted are found on the internet only. Thank You!

bluntman2006 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowinGreen23
    So you're saying that the 1600 lumens light i just got is nto enough for one plant surrounded by white paper and foil? it's a 100 watt bulb because that's all they had in stock it's a CFL light....no good????

GrowinGreen23
    A very general rule of thumb is that your garden needs 50 watts of HID lighting per square foot of illuminated area. This rule ignores the shape of your garden, so the following is really a better guide:

A 250 watt HID will illuminate a 2' x 2' garden.
    A 400 watt HID will illuminate a 3' x 3' garden.
    A 600 watt HID will illuminate a 3.5' x 3.5' garden.
    A 1000 watt HID will illuminate a 4' x 4' garden.

bluntman2006 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntman2006
    A very general rule of thumb is that your garden needs 50 watts of HID lighting per square foot of illuminated area. This rule ignores the shape of your garden, so the following is really a better guide:

A 250 watt HID will illuminate a 2' x 2' garden.
    A 400 watt HID will illuminate a 3' x 3' garden.
    A 600 watt HID will illuminate a 3.5' x 3.5' garden.
    A 1000 watt HID will illuminate a 4' x 4' garden.
    also

WATTAGE -- COVERAGE
    1000 watt - 4 to 5 feet across (1.3 to 1.5 meters)
    600 watt - 3.5 feet (1 meter)
    400 watt - 2.5 possibly 3 feet (.8 to .9 m)
    250 watt - 2 feet (.6-.7 m)
    175 watt - small, less than 2 feet

GrowinGreen23 is offline Registered+
    What is HID the light i have is a CFL any difference?

GrowinGree23

Thanks for the info so far
    What I am saying is purely fictional. Please be clear that I do not condone people breaking the law! I do not grow anything I say I do and any pictures posted are found on the internet only. Thank You!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast