Thread: Any1 know the best way to make C02

robert42 is offline Registered+

Cool Any1 know the best way to make C02

who knows the best way to make C02 using household stuff on a budget all opions and thoughts appreciated thanks

My plants are about 29cm's i think thats about 14inches not too sure, there 6weeks old. I wannaincrease the c02 to help them grow !

Thanks!

Phresh as it Gets is offline Registered+
    i know of one way, exhaling!
    homer: look at shemp, he is so high!
    otto: hey, shemp is... HEMP spelled backwards!
    homer: and otto is... OTTO backwards!!
    otto: ... now im scared

otto: man, what am i smoking, o yeah, pot

sidey is offline Registered
    make a 2 litre solution of sugar, warm water and a brewers yeast tablet, available at home brew suppliers. place the open container in your grow space and replace weekly. as it ferments the solution will produce half the volume of sugar consumed as gas. another way is to mix vinegar with baking soda, which froths up releasing CO2, you'll need about a teaspoon of soda repeated a couple of times a week.

robert42 is offline Registered+
    thanks man much appreciated

Dimebag is offline Registered+
    you could burn a candle but thats really unsafe to leave a candle on all day. Holding your breath for a long time and releasing it is the cheapest possible way. even though we breathe out more o2 than co2, its still good.

howsyourroof is offline Registered+
    dry ice

howsyourroof is offline Registered+
    in the morning i go get 10 lbs dryice ,shut all my fans off ,set bowl of hot on shelf above plants,be careful ice will give you burns

can anyone tell me what ppm's for CO2 are optimal?

Shallow Hal is offline Registered+
    bicarbonate soda and vinger
    if ur living on a prayer... ur living on your knee's..... no fear

Shallow Hal is offline Registered+
    1500ppm is best , normal air is roughly 900ppm. also u can try a product called no mercy co2 tabs. cheap and give great results.
    if ur living on a prayer... ur living on your knee's..... no fear

dutch.lover is offline Registered+
    These new odor neutralizing cfls that have come out are said to release co2. theyre pretty cheap

Pezzo is offline Registered+
    carbonated water!

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Quote Originally Posted by Phresh as it Gets View Post
    i know of one way, exhaling!
    LOL that's what I was going to say... go talk to your plants!

smegal69 is offline Registered
    u can also use a gas l.p.g heater or light burnig l.p.g in any way will produce co2..... just don't burn your room down....that would be far toooo much

jamstigator is offline Registered+
    Smoke pot and laugh a lot. Every laugh contains co2!
    "Before you consider one an enemy, first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if he *is* an enemy, you're a mile ahead, and you have his shoes."

Toolfan33 is offline Registered
    1 Carbonated water works well
    2 any sort of stove,heater with a blue flame.you want carbon dioxide not carbon minoxide
    3 of course bottled co2 and generators work well but very pricy and to get the optimal co2 levels you need a controller/monitor .You could have $1000 or more in it easy

GanjaBaby is offline Registered
    Forget the baking soda and vinegar thing, and I think its impossible for CFLs to PRODUCE CO2, carbonate water loses its carbonation after being exposed to air after a few hours (ever had coke without fizz... how long did that take?) but if you are on a budget and cant afford CO2 tanks you have got to check this link out...
    http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc....ACO2EF&eq=&Tp=

This excellofizz is probably the cheapest way to get CO2 throughout the flowering cycle, unless you want to buy 3 pounds of bicarbonate soda and a couple gallons of vinegar and stink up the house.... this Excellofizz stuff is amazing and hasslefree. -Peace

digdog is offline Registered
    According to The Urban Grower ......1800 ppm is optimal in all spaces......for an approximate increase of 35% on yeild..... happy growinghttp://www.urbangrower.com

ticoblunts is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by GanjaBaby View Post
    Forget the baking soda and vinegar thing, and I think its impossible for CFLs to PRODUCE CO2, carbonate water loses its carbonation after being exposed to air after a few hours (ever had coke without fizz... how long did that take?) but if you are on a budget and cant afford CO2 tanks you have got to check this link out...
    http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc....ACO2EF&eq=&Tp=

This excellofizz is probably the cheapest way to get CO2 throughout the flowering cycle, unless you want to buy 3 pounds of bicarbonate soda and a couple gallons of vinegar and stink up the house.... this Excellofizz stuff is amazing and hasslefree. -Peace
    anybody else ever use this stuff b4?

demonangel2_uk is offline Registered+
    Does the vinigar and bicarb actually work? as a freind said to try it as well. Let us know. As ilso on a very limited buget.

Bree1978 is offline Registered+
    Quote: smegal69 u can also use a gas l.p.g heater or light burnig l.p.g in any way will produce co2..... just don't burn your room down....that would be far toooo much

Hey my grow is in my water closet/furnace, lpg gas, with two blue flames constantly on...........is this mean this is good????????????????????????????????????????????? (mind you it is hard for me to keep heat down...but best place to do it). Or is this just carbon minoxide? Sorry aced everything but chemisty.....

denni is offline Registered
    get real heavy with your girlfriend and the plants will luv it lol well mine like rock an roll lol all fun aside candles are chepe romantic and well jus get down an dirty around them trhey luv it see yaaaaaaaaaaa