Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FACTS ON SATIVA / INDICA

mobay is offline Registered+

FACTS ON SATIVA / INDICA

Indica- sativa hybrids naturally tend toward the indica side of the family. they usually have controlled height. they dont grow very tall and after forcing flowering, their growth is limited. their side branches are usually not prominent and they can be grown in small spaces. indica grow under 5foot tall plants.

Sativa- indica hybrids tend toward the sativa parentage. they are taller plants, and will double or triple their size if they are forced when they are small. they are usually hard to grow in a sea of green, as the plants demand more space to spread out. sativa grows into 5-15 foot tall plants.

remember this info when ordering your seeds

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Jdog7000 is offline Registered+
    Good info.
    Also keep in mind your plants will double in size if Indica and possibly triple in size for a sativa when you start flowering.
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Garden Knowm is offline Registered+
    Also remember.... only grow indica.. LOL
    GARDEN KNOWM

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 -5 - 4...

GaGrown is offline Registered+
    AMEN to that,Knowm!LOL! Indica is the best to me!As far as the efforts you put into the grow! Alot more time can be had for yourself,rather than tending to the sativas!SHEW!

Ga Grown
    Give a man a fish,you feed him for a day! Teach a man to fish you feed him for life!

Ga Grown

A wise Man Once said; "Reminds me of an old saying I just made up..."A good gardener learns how to treat their garden. A great gardener learns how to treat their garden when shit happens."

Rusty Trichome!

http://boards.cannabis.com/redirect-...g%2Findex.html

grow4fun is offline Registered+

Unstoppable Sativa

I like the more Indica types too because of the compact growth pattern (btw, Matanuska Mist is the most short-and-stocky of the [high-quality] plants that Iíve seen so far). ButÖ.. Iíve had major room-temperature problems lately (and in the past), and whenever thatís happened the Indicas just donít hardly produce any resin (although they still look really healthy and green). Almost every Indica grow, Iíve always had a few Sativa-like plants mixed in. Sometimes by choice, sometimes by accident (Trainwreck and Purple in the past, this time Banana).
    Growing side-by-side, itís amazing the difference in quality Ė in the quantity of resin on the buds. The Banana is encrusted with resin (as the Trainwreck and Purple had been), whereas the Indica-dominant Matanuskas growing right next to them have less than half as much (about 35%).
    Iíve also found that in these conditions the harvest weight is actually much bigger with the more Sativa-like strains. The same plants that people always say are the low-yielders (they say that about Purple and Trainwreck), those are the only plants that do give me a good yield/weight. Because they end up resiny and the resin is the weight. The Ďbig yielderí Indicas (for instance Matanuska) have ended up with a pitiful yield under those conditions; a lot of it wasnít resiny enough to make good buds and went into the trim, and the overall weight was low due to not much resin.
    Now looking at these gorgeous frosted Bananas sitting right next to pretty much schwag-looking Matanuskas (and Matanuska is a good strain, always hear people raving about the large yield and quality), the idea struck me that maybe Sativas still do good even in extreme heat, whereas the Indicas canít handle it. The Sativas do come from the hot part of the world. 100 degree temps like Iíve got in my room right now are probably normal in the tropics. But in northern latitudes where Indicas come fromÖÖÖ..
    In high-heat situations the lanky Sativa might be desireable because of the heat-resistance. Better to have some lanky plants with dense, resiny buds than short, thick ones with colas that are dry and un-resiny.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    Last edited by grow4fun; Jul-02-2006 at 14:18.
    "An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field" -- Niels Bohr, Quantum Physicist

orangeman is offline Banned
    I think it sucks that Sativa strains grow so tall because I really wanna try to grow a sativa dominant strain when I grow on the inside. Even though by preference and not by choice I like Indica more I dont wanna keep on growing the same species over and over lol.

Orange,
    Ya gotta do it 1 time! It's fine if you can keep them short! Ha Ha! Right! Do it anyway! If not just for the sheer pleasure of couch lock! Yup! Couch lock! It'll set your ass on the couch kinda shit! Narcotic! It's starting to have a sweet peppery smell.Man it smells GREAT! 1 time for the home team! I'll be rootin' for ya!

Ga Grown
    Give a man a fish,you feed him for a day! Teach a man to fish you feed him for life!

Ga Grown

A wise Man Once said; "Reminds me of an old saying I just made up..."A good gardener learns how to treat their garden. A great gardener learns how to treat their garden when shit happens."

Rusty Trichome!

BukDatAss is offline Registered+
    I'm a Sativa man, I havent grown it yet but my next will be ALL SATIVA
    Ambience have a seance in the garden of Eve
    I'm a God, a gardener, a guardian of trees -Canibus

s12fever is offline Registered+
    15ft tall plant???!!!? jesus christ!

Quote Originally Posted by BukDatAss
    I'm a Sativa man, I havent grown it yet but my next will be ALL SATIVA

you better grow outside!!

LOL
    GARDEN KNOWM

Opie Yutts is offline Registered+
    Nearly any plant can be 15 inches tall or 15 feet or take up the space of an entire warehouse, if you so desire.
    PLEASE STOP BY MY FOGGING THREAD
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

plastik is offline Registered+

well I know I began flowering my 6 inch sativa at 3 weeks veg (from 2 inch cutting) and after 2 weeks of that, it has grown to 2ft. Sativa's are good inside, if you train and LST them...or want to devote one light to each plant. I prefer the sativa high over the indica..just my liking..and actually..alot of people will agree. From what I've seen, but from what people don't make it out to be, Sativa is the dominant choice of what people like from their high. Sativa is more of a mental medicine, while indica is more of a physical medicine. But based on your needs, equipment and conditions, indica is far easier to grow, than sativa. And yes, sativa CAN with stand 100f weather without any serious side effects..I have seen this first hand, day after day. I believe the plants have a mechanism that lowers its temp by 10f..so even if it is at 100, it is still at around 90 for the plant..plus it also provides itself shade. It's not soo much the temp of the light, but more the temp of the air around the plant. This can all be done without CO2. When asked what their favorite strain at the cannabis cup held in vancouver, most, nearly all who were asked, replied with sativa. I'd say for myself, it mostly depends on what kind of mood your in also...But also, think about taking sativa at day, and indica at night.

One thing, I don't agree completely with the first post. There are many sativa/indica strains that basicly give the sativa like buds and high, yet retain the indica yield and size. And he didn't even state a real description of a hybrid..he basicly only stated minor details of what pure indica or sativa characteristics are like. I'm sorry, but this is already widely known knowledge. And it is obvious that a plant that is more sativa or more indica will have more of the dominant characteristics. Thats just common sense.
    ---
    Indica- sativa hybrids naturally tend toward the indica side of the family. they usually have controlled height. they dont grow very tall and after forcing flowering, their growth is limited. their side branches are usually not prominent and they can be grown in small spaces. indica grow under 5foot tall plants.

Sativa- indica hybrids tend toward the sativa parentage. they are taller plants, and will double or triple their size if they are forced when they are small. they are usually hard to grow in a sea of green, as the plants demand more space to spread out. sativa grows into 5-15 foot tall plants.
    ---
    Disclaimer: I am a digital graphics designer, all images are purely digital in nature, meaning from 3d models I have created myself in 3DSmax. Then are later retouched in photoshop to add even more realism. In no way shape or form do I possess or grow the cannabis plant. Any specific details are completely fictional, and are made-up to go with the images. If the images are not made by me then they were found on an internet search engine.

mobay is offline Registered+
    plastik this info i posted was for some of the newer growers in here, that dont know which kind of seeds to buy when their ready.it wasnt for you to be downgrading what i posted. if you already knew all the important, technical details of the 2 you could have just added to the 1st post, not degrade what some one else has shared. thats just common sense.

Time and patience folks.

8' ceiling, the shelf is at 6'. The arrow shows the top of the plant.

FACTS ON SATIVA / INDICA-1001_3586.jpg

This is the main stem shown bent over the shelf.
    FACTS ON SATIVA / INDICA-1001_3592.jpg

Shows the tie down point.
    FACTS ON SATIVA / INDICA-1001_3594.jpg

Blue arrow pointing to 2nd plant bent over the shelf.
    FACTS ON SATIVA / INDICA-1001_3591.jpg
    Last edited by slowthestone; Jul-03-2006 at 09:38.

Mobay.. you actually read long ass posts like that... : )

LOL
    GARDEN KNOWM

I didn't.
    Is that LIP?

It'isn't that hard to grow sativa indoors guys.
    You are all forgeting the main plus to growing inside.
    You are god.
    You control the lights.
    So clone a sativa and flower that clone as soon as it roots.
    You'll end up with a sativa plant the sixe of an indica.

Not to mentipon curtain sativa's grow like indica with sativa shaped buds.
    Like NYCDiesel for example.
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

And C99.
    You just need to pick your strain and flower early.
    It's easy.

Djurdjevic is offline Registered
    Growing Sativas indoors is a bitch, if you do, be prepared to bend em over.

Ive noticed they stop growing when the top meets resistance though , it seems like it feels a ceiling and tells itself to stop growing taller.

Garden Knowm, you shouldn't downgrade mobay for downgrading plastik for originally downgrading mobay.

Wait, I shouldn't be downgrading Garden Knowm.
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

Who can we downgrade, again?

Shallow Hal is offline Registered+
    pick me !!! pick me!!!!

I'm the one for sure! Mr Opie!

Ga Grown

Ga Grown

Rusty Trichome!

Maybe we should have a vote.

Methyl3 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by grow4fun
    I like the more Indica types too because of the compact growth pattern (btw, Matanuska Mist is the most short-and-stocky of the [high-quality] plants that Iíve seen so far). ButÖ.. Iíve had major room-temperature problems lately (and in the past), and whenever thatís happened the Indicas just donít hardly produce any resin (although they still look really healthy and green). Almost every Indica grow, Iíve always had a few Sativa-like plants mixed in. Sometimes by choice, sometimes by accident (Trainwreck and Purple in the past, this time Banana).
    Growing side-by-side, itís amazing the difference in quality Ė in the quantity of resin on the buds. The Banana is encrusted with resin (as the Trainwreck and Purple had been), whereas the Indica-dominant Matanuskas growing right next to them have less than half as much (about 35%).
    Iíve also found that in these conditions the harvest weight is actually much bigger with the more Sativa-like strains. The same plants that people always say are the low-yielders (they say that about Purple and Trainwreck), those are the only plants that do give me a good yield/weight. Because they end up resiny and the resin is the weight. The Ďbig yielderí Indicas (for instance Matanuska) have ended up with a pitiful yield under those conditions; a lot of it wasnít resiny enough to make good buds and went into the trim, and the overall weight was low due to not much resin.
    Now looking at these gorgeous frosted Bananas sitting right next to pretty much schwag-looking Matanuskas (and Matanuska is a good strain, always hear people raving about the large yield and quality), the idea struck me that maybe Sativas still do good even in extreme heat, whereas the Indicas canít handle it. The Sativas do come from the hot part of the world. 100 degree temps like Iíve got in my room right now are probably normal in the tropics. But in northern latitudes where Indicas come fromÖÖÖ..
    In high-heat situations the lanky Sativa might be desireable because of the heat-resistance. Better to have some lanky plants with dense, resiny buds than short, thick ones with colas that are dry and un-resiny.
    Has anyone else noticed this?

It's definately strain related. Sativas orgins are from geographic areas where temperature and humidity is usually higher then where Indicas are from. The Sativas are from an area where since it is hot and vegetation growth is high. Many plants in a confined area will compete for the sun light, hence making the plants have to grow vertically in order to compete. In the Indica regions, the stature of competeting plants are shorter and in turn the Indica species tends to be able to grow lower (since there is not as much vertical competition).

Quote Originally Posted by Djurdjevic
    Growing Sativas indoors is a bitch, if you do, be prepared to bend em over.

Ive noticed they stop growing when the top meets resistance though , it seems like it feels a ceiling and tells itself to stop growing taller.

This is true if you have no common sense.
    Like I said flower it early and it isn't a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast