Cannabis.com

Thread: Droopy Leaves

arod is offline Registered

Droopy Leaves

I have noticed that lately my plants leave seem to droop once the light turns out. Right now it is on an 18/6 light schedule, is this common?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

kuulbns is offline Registered+
    They're sleeping. At night they actually seem to grow more, as if, all day they were working, converting light and nutrients into fantastic green. Many plants close their blooms at night (ex. morning glories).

Very normal, yes.

dryst is offline Registered+
    if they stay dropping it could be caused by over watering
    Quote Originally Posted by cole View Post
    haha the whole time people are saying ridethefire, i thought it was some sex thing to do to someone while there passed out haha
    Quote Originally Posted by dryst View Post
    if someones passed out it isnt called ride the fire...its called ride the train
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRaNoIa View Post
    fucking ninja dryst

He did just say it was when the lights were turned out.

Einstein418 is offline Registered
    I think your nitrogen level is to low that also can cause leaves to fall

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    If its only when the lights are out i wouldnt worry about it.

Drooping leaves can be a sign of over watering, under watering, and heat, although more often than not the leaves will point up in the case of heat stress.

My plants at the mo are on an 18/6 and i have now proved to myself that plants grow quicker on 18/6 than 24/0.

My plants also droop in the dark period, not alot, but a little, but as soon as the lights come on in the morning they're back to they're normal happy weedy selves.

biggy79 is offline Registered
    Can some one tell me how to post a thread?
    Thanks in advance.

ojitos1985 is offline Registered+
    well my plants also get droppy when i water them =/, in a couple of minutes they are back, normal?

fiddyonefiddy is offline Registered+
    i wait till mine droop before watering also
    they look dead, then walla water and back to normal
    I wont be wronged,I wont be insulted,and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others ,and I expect the same from them. -John Bernard Books

Mr. Clandestine is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddyonefiddy View Post
    i wait till mine droop before watering also
    they look dead, then walla water and back to normal
    You should find out approximately how long it takes before the plants begin to droop, and water then. Letting the plant wilt to determine when to water isn't a good method to use. This stresses the plant and can lead to stunted/delayed growth. These plants are hardy, so missing a watering isn't usually a death-sentence for the plant, but it's definitely not something you should do on a regular basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Switch to 24/0 light schedule and don't worry... about a thing... every little thing... gonna be all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome View Post
    It can be a fine balance between "ok...I need to water later today" and "shit...I should have watered yesterday."
    Plant problems? Fill out the Troubleshooting Form BEFORE asking how you should fix it!

ojitos1985 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clandestine View Post
    You should find out approximately how long it takes before the plants begin to droop, and water then. Letting the plant wilt to determine when to water isn't a good method to use. This stresses the plant and can lead to stunted/delayed growth. These plants are hardy, so missing a watering isn't usually a death-sentence for the plant, but it's definitely not something you should do on a regular basis.
    in order to do not death sentence them we should water while they are droppy?

Mr. Clandestine is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by ojitos1985 View Post
    in order to do not death sentence them we should water while they are droppy?
    Droopy leaves can mean several things, as other posters here have stated, but if you know the plant is drooping due to underwatering, you should should water at the first signs of it drying out. If you're not entirely sure why the leaves are drooping, don't water extra just because of this symptom. Usually, you know if the plant is drying out.

If it's allowed to dry out completely, it can lead to the death sentence (though rarely), in most instances it will take a day or so to fully regain turgidness in the leaves and stems. There's a link in my signature from Rusty Trichome that says it all: "It can be a fine balance between 'ok...I need to water later today' and 'shit...I should have watered yesterday.'"
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Switch to 24/0 light schedule and don't worry... about a thing... every little thing... gonna be all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome View Post
    It can be a fine balance between "ok...I need to water later today" and "shit...I should have watered yesterday."
    Plant problems? Fill out the Troubleshooting Form BEFORE asking how you should fix it!