Cannabis.com

Thread: How long does a seedling take to brake ttrough the soil?

DonSmokin is offline Registered+

Question How long does a seedling take to brake ttrough the soil?

I germinated my seeds and there in pots a week now,
    how long does it normally take them to brake through the soil??

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

invision is offline Registered+
    it depends some seeds take up to two weeks but usually one week or so keep an eye on things that all

BLaQLiGhT is offline Registered+

Lightbulb Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by DonSmokin View Post
    Next time, use the paper towel method. Put the seeds in the paper towel and keep it wet and warm. I guess germed 2 seeds 2 days ago and they poped in about 36 hours. Then I put them in soil (not to deep) and the next day, they were showing their 2 little leaves. When the sprout has pointed up, you can then add more soil around it so that it won't bend over and die. Good LuCk ...
    Some Where out there is a field of Dreams, and I'm sitting in it...

mrberrys is offline Registered+
    ye i would take the above advice and put them in a paper towl to germ.. n ye if they have been in the pot for 1 week then expect them to pop out any time now.. just try to get them under light soon as u can after they sprout to prevent them from streachung to much.. happpy growin to you brother

Now that you posted, they will start popping out Same thing happened to me on my first grow. How deep did you plant them? You can water them with a spray bottle and that will help speed them up. I agree that they will be popping out very soon.

yeah i used the paper towel method, i have them in pots 8 days and still no sign of them popping up yet, have the bottle spray too.

mrberrys is offline Registered+
    yeah i used the paper towel method, i have them in pots 8 days and still no sign of them popping up yet, have the bottle spray too.
    hey there donsmokin all i can say is .. chill relaxe and have faith.. im sure ur seeds will pop out soon.. treat them well and they will treat u with endless buzing nights

or, they died ...

Make sure the pots are warm. If the soil is around 80 degrees and you water the seeds, it's basically fool proof. I don't think it matters much if you water before or after planting the seeds, as long as you give them a good intial watering cause of air pockets. I water after planting them and I've never had a problem. I did about 100 tomato plants from seed this spring. Keep them warm and moist and they will pop out. It is common for seeds to take 1-2 weeks to germinate. Don't give up on them, just keep trying to improve their environment. Let us know when they pop out.....

BobBong is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Pass That Shit View Post
    Make sure the pots are warm. If the soil is around 80 degrees and you water the seeds, it's basically fool proof. I don't think it matters much if you water before or after planting the seeds, as long as you give them a good intial watering cause of air pockets. I water after planting them and I've never had a problem. I did about 100 tomato plants from seed this spring. Keep them warm and moist and they will pop out. It is common for seeds to take 1-2 weeks to germinate. Don't give up on them, just keep trying to improve their environment. Let us know when they pop out.....
    Pots warm, soil not so warm.
    Humidty and ambient air temps make a good seedling.
    To much heat will just cook the seeds.
    As we live...a life of ease. Everyone of us...has all we need. Sky of Blue...and Sea of Green. In our Yellow Submarine.
    Bob's CannabisButter Recipe!
    Everything in Moderation...

they broke trough this morning, are they supposed to look like this when they brake through??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does a seedling take to brake ttrough the soil?-number-1.jpg  

invision is offline Registered+
    yup she will straiting out in a day or so and a new set of leaves will grow in fast at this point keep the light a little back until she has a few sets of leaves then you can lower it to your needs remember no nutes until 3 weeks from now and use only 1/8 to a 1/4 strength of some 10-0-0 that will get her leaves growing nicely