Thread: LadyBugs ??

hey seuss is offline Registered

LadyBugs ??

Anyone know if adding ladybugs is a good or bad thing???

Torog is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by hey seuss
    Anyone know if adding ladybugs is a good or bad thing???
    Howdy seuss,

Yes,adding lady-bugs is a good thing..they eat all sorts of nasty critters that like to eat your mj plants. You can even buy them in some garden centers.

Have a good one...Torog

Euphoric is offline Registered+
    lady bugs are voracious predators.. if you have a pest problem they will start munching those lil bugs up (esp. aphids). they dont eat plants..

interesting link with some basic ladybug info http://home.att.net/~larvalbugbio/ladybug.html
    Marijuana Stimulates Evolution.
    WAR ON DRUGS : $500 billion
    Citizens arrested: Millions
    $ that could be saved in a year if we legalize drugs: $37 Billion
    Getting high every day despite it all: Priceless

That's awesome. If I hadn't heard it from Torog I can say I never would have believed it. ^.^ w00t. I was wondering why this lady with a greenhouse had a sign that said she sold ladybugs... I thought maybe it was for like little kids entertainment or something, heh.

Imotep is offline Registered+

Thumbs up

my vege garden is full of em.
    red ones, orange ones, yellow ones.
    the yellow ones eat fungus.
    wonders will never cease aye.
    HORNY FOR EVIL

llamaman666 is offline Registered+
    praying mantis is also a good predetor for the grow room.
    If I die before I wake, Heaven or Hell, I'll still bake.

I hate political lies

If Alaska was devided in to two, Texas would be the third largest state

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?eoj

cannabinoid is offline Registered
    I made the mistake of using scotts soil from home depot and it produced an aphid infestation from hell. A guy at texashydroponics told me to use diatomaceious earth, which finally brought them under control. But if it happens again then I'll use lady bugs. It's less messy

kuulbns is offline Registered+
    I have two species of ladybugs in my grow room. I was told that the commonly known "red" ladybug will eat aphids and some other pests. The lighter colored "yellow" (they actually look orange) ladybug eats fungus. I got the information from an agriculteral grad I know that works for the local University, (also the ladybugs) lol. Kuu

fasts102376 is offline Registered+

Exclamation tiger bloom

hello all.. does anybody use tiger bloom 2-8-4? ifso is that strong enough for flowering stage or should i use stronger fert? i'm in soil.. sorry i put this post in wrong place
    Last edited by fasts102376; Apr-06-2006 at 11:57.

Sparrow is offline Banned
    Nice in bringing this thread back. Euphorics link is amazing. Who would have thought that is what they look like originally.

http://home.att.net/~larvalbugbio/ladybug.html

I used to have a white house in the country and I came home one day and there were thousands of lady bug on the sunny side of my house.

Tiger bloom is plenty strong enough in the potassium range.

BOYZNUS is offline Registered+
    QUESTION:...... WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM CUTE LITTLE LADYBUGS WHEN THERE ARE NO BAD BUGS TO EAT? DO THEY SELL LADYBUG FOOD? POOR THINGS'LL STARVE.
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

mmmmm where do they lay their eggs? i wouldnt wanna smoke bud full of lady bug eggs

Do you think the babies could crawl off the thc. Its like the best fucking glue in the world. Ever try getting resin of your hands? The only thing that works is essential oils. The organic air fresheners are killer.

They dont really look like that. If they do they are damn small as I have never seen them have you? Try feeding mycelium and seal up your lights. You can spray soda on there backs so they cant fly if they are going to fly into the lamps after they shut off to keep warm then get blinded and baked when the lights come on. If you dont have shades its not a problem and they will stay if its warm enough. 85 is real good.
    Last edited by Sparrow; Apr-06-2006 at 19:44.

busteruk7 is offline Registered+
    NICE thred you learn something new everyday i never knew ladybirds were good for eating fucking pests maybe i should try some if that problem ever arises for me cheers allllllllll
    growing in my house attic with a 200w envirolite and a 600w hps( out of site out of mind)
    my white rhino log-----------------my lowryder log-----------------my cali orange grow
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time.

Peditor mites are better, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow
    Peditor mites are better, cheers
    what are them sparrow m8
    growing in my house attic with a 200w envirolite and a 600w hps( out of site out of mind)
    my white rhino log-----------------my lowryder log-----------------my cali orange grow

google

pmsl ok m8