Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**

Dan K. is offline Registered+

First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**

Hey everyone, I put these pictures up in another thread, but I figured it would be better if I started a log.

First of all, let me start off by saying that all growing in these pictures is for medical use only and is in 100% accordance with state law.

Here are some pics of the plants a week after we planted them. Let me just say that the growth has been incredible.

I'm going to start LST'ing soon in preparation for the screen, which we'll put up in a couple weeks.

All 12 of them are snocap!!

Any comments/questions/anythings are appreciated. I'll try and post pics up 1-2 times a week. LMK,

Dan K.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**-dscn0104.jpg   First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**-dscn0106.jpg   First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**-dscn0108.jpg  

First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**-dscn0109.jpg   First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**-dscn0110.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

jamstigator is offline Registered+
    I subscribed to your thread here, as I'm a ScroG fan, and just ordered a 1000-watt light myself. And hey, I like seeing cannabis grow!

One small suggestion, if I may: there's really no need to upload pictures THAT large in dimensions. If you could size them down to like 1024x768 or something before uploading them, I'm sure the low bandwidth people would appreciate it. Makes it easier for higher bandwidth people to view them without scrolling around with their browser too. Not a big deal, just thought I'd ask.

Plants look very green and healthy! Can't wait to see them ScroG'd into a big, beautiful plain of buds!
    "Before you consider one an enemy, first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if he *is* an enemy, you're a mile ahead, and you have his shoes."

A couple pics of the light/intake for the room. The last picture was taken the day they were planted:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**-dscn0112.jpg   First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**-dscn0111.gif   First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**-dscn0089.jpg  

Last edited by Dan K.; Oct-28-2006 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by jamstigator View Post
    I subscribed to your thread here, as I'm a ScroG fan, and just ordered a 1000-watt light myself. And hey, I like seeing cannabis grow!

One small suggestion, if I may: there's really no need to upload pictures THAT large in dimensions. If you could size them down to like 1024x768 or something before uploading them, I'm sure the low bandwidth people would appreciate it. Makes it easier for higher bandwidth people to view them without scrolling around with their browser too. Not a big deal, just thought I'd ask.

Plants look very green and healthy! Can't wait to see them ScroG'd into a big, beautiful plain of buds!
    For sure man, I'll get on it!

I just hate cell phone camera pics or tiny little pictures where you don't get any detail or quality.

WEED_UK is offline Registered+
    keep with the bigs pics dude....they are great for detail

Quote Originally Posted by WEED_UK View Post
    keep with the bigs pics dude....they are great for detail
    that's kinda how I felt too. I resized some of them to 800X600 and I'll post them all at that size from now on. Kinda like a nice happy medium.

MegaOctane12 is offline Registered+
    Those fans look way too strong for that stage in the grow

really??

we keep them on low at all times, with one circulating air during the "night," then we turn them both to low to circulate more air to counter for the light heat during "day." Ventilation is really important in this room since its an attic, it keeps the temperatures down below 80+. But if that's detrimental to the plants, please LMK

No that seems ok, but some fans look monstorous, really don't want wind burn

gmoney5ss is offline Registered+
    those look really good for being as young as they are, im more and more thinking about getting like a 400 watt hps, mh light over my cfls.. growth is just disapointing compared to your pictures, yours will how outgrown my in over a week.. and mine are wayy too old for that..

lookin great though, keep on comin with the updates

howsyourroof is offline Registered+
    wind burn plz do inform me

gmoney5ss is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by howsyourroof View Post
    wind burn plz do inform me
    me too, havnt heard of this as of yet, i have a big fan too..

TheGreenFog is offline Registered+
    He's saying that the wind is trying to smoke your plants before you can! AHHHHhhhhhhhh.
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

JOURNAL OF A MADMAN (Grow Logs) I II

JOAMM (C.O.L.) - CFL Grow ~ JOAMM - HASH/KIEF MAKING ~ 1st Harvest Pix ~ Videos

+ =

TheGreenFog is offline Registered+
    No, but seriously, I have not read about that anywhere, either. I would have to guess its a condition of the wind...ummm...burning your plants...lol. Kind of like how your face gets chapped in a stiff wind. I've read that the plant always maintains a layer of higher moisture (humidity) closest to the leaves. Maybe it (the wind) removes necessary moisture that the plant needs around it...and therefore, goes cripsy? Am I close?

TGF
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

JOURNAL OF A MADMAN (Grow Logs) I II

JOAMM (C.O.L.) - CFL Grow ~ JOAMM - HASH/KIEF MAKING ~ 1st Harvest Pix ~ Videos

+ =

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenFog View Post
    No, but seriously, I have not read about that anywhere, either. I would have to guess its a condition of the wind...ummm...burning your plants...lol. Kind of like how your face gets chapped in a stiff wind. I've read that the plant always maintains a layer of higher moisture (humidity) closest to the leaves. Maybe it (the wind) removes necessary moisture that the plant needs around it...and therefore, goes cripsy? Am I close?

TGF
    Yeah what he said. When you use very powerful fans it actually has a very drying effect whereby the moisture is sucked off the plants, if you had those fans on maximum right next to your plants they would dry up and produce alot of resin on the leaves to protect themselves so some wind is good. You have to be very careful though because you can seriously damage a small plants delicate internal structures and leaves with excessive ventilation.

I've seen small plants that have literally had their blades on one side, blown to the other, its actually quite comical, you don't want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOctane12 View Post
    Yeah what he said. When you use very powerful fans it actually has a very drying effect whereby the moisture is sucked off the plants, if you had those fans on maximum right next to your plants they would dry up and produce alot of resin on the leaves to protect themselves so some wind is good. You have to be very careful though because you can seriously damage a small plants delicate internal structures and leaves with excessive ventilation.

I've seen small plants that have literally had their blades on one side, blown to the other, its actually quite comical, you don't want it to happen.
    lol....thanks for the info....judging from your description though mine are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoney5ss View Post
    those look really good for being as young as they are, im more and more thinking about getting like a 400 watt hps, mh light over my cfls.. growth is just disapointing compared to your pictures, yours will how outgrown my in over a week.. and mine are wayy too old for that..

lookin great though, keep on comin with the updates
    thanks man..this is my first grow, but I read that one of the advantages of an HID light was a short, compact plant, which is really what I need for my grow area. I have also slowly been introducing CO2 into the environment as well as VERY diluted nutrient solutions, so I would hope those have contributed too.

Finally, a picture of my favorite plant so far. Look at all that outward growth. Should I be doing any tucking/trimming of fan leaves yet, or should I save that on for later down the road??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Grow Log - 1000W, 12-plant SCROG **Pics**-dscn0120.gif  

dutch.lover is offline Registered+
    that plant looks really nice

I wouldn't recommend scrog for 12 plants due to the fact that once the screen is on, its on. And getting around those plants are pretty hard when you only have one side to work with. I tryed scrog for 5 plants and only one side to work with, man it was hard to get all those growth up there. I believe you have a better chance at SOG with 1000watt and keep it growing, Its looking beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by YASoob View Post
    I wouldn't recommend scrog for 12 plants due to the fact that once the screen is on, its on. And getting around those plants are pretty hard when you only have one side to work with. I tryed scrog for 5 plants and only one side to work with, man it was hard to get all those growth up there. I believe you have a better chance at SOG with 1000watt and keep it growing, Its looking beautiful.
    thanks for the heads up, I thought about that in advance though and I have pretty easy access to all the plants. I do agree that the ones against the wall in the middle are going to be difficult to train, but I do have enough room to gain access to the plants. Although now that I think about it, a SOG set-up would be a fair amount easier and allow for more harvests. I'll sleep on it and let you know

If you do decide to Scrog, grow the plants to a certain height and then switch over to 12/12 and then grow the stretch the screen. Don't bother growing into the screen throughout vegetative, all you will get is the plants crushing up together because they have been allowed to grow for so long. You'll have a tangled mess that's hard to rectify and it'll be harder to remove any males. Alot of people are under the impression that you shoud use the screen through vegetative, their wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOctane12 View Post
    If you do decide to Scrog, grow the plants to a certain height and then switch over to 12/12 and then grow the stretch the screen. Don't bother growing into the screen throughout vegetative, all you will get is the plants crushing up together because they have been allowed to grow for so long. You'll have a tangled mess that's hard to rectify and it'll be harder to remove any males. Alot of people are under the impression that you shoud use the screen through vegetative, their wrong.
    thanks for the heads up, I've never done ScroG before so I appreciate all your help. I was actually thinking about maybe doing 6 plants as a ScroG and then the other 6 in a SoG set-up and compare the end results. If I decide to do this, I'll be switching over to 12/12 at the end of this week to hopefully get that takeoff in veg. growth. sound ok??

I was also thinking about ScroGing each plant with its own screen so they would be movable throughout the whole grow process, as opposed to using one giant screen. We'll see.

hey, a quick question -

my plants are showing pistils already as well as beginning to form trichromes on the leafs. I thought this was fine but my housemate said that it was a sign of accidental early flowering? I'm sorry if that's a newbie question, but I'm a newbie grower lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K. View Post
    thanks for the heads up, I've never done ScroG before so I appreciate all your help. I was actually thinking about maybe doing 6 plants as a ScroG and then the other 6 in a SoG set-up and compare the end results. If I decide to do this, I'll be switching over to 12/12 at the end of this week to hopefully get that takeoff in veg. growth. sound ok??

I was also thinking about ScroGing each plant with its own screen so they would be movable throughout the whole grow process, as opposed to using one giant screen. We'll see.
    Yeah that sounds ok, I have no experience with SoGing however so I can't comment, but if you do what your just mentioned in ScroG then it should be fine. It takes a while and there's alot of different oppinions people have, like whether you should pull the stems back under the screen, or weave them throughout the holes. Personally I would say that its what you make it, so try it out and see. Good luck with it. p.s individual screens sound fine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast