Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: complete darkness before harvest?

hijole is offline Registered

Question complete darkness before harvest?

does anyone know whether leaving a plant in total darkness for a day or two before harvesting increases potency??? is this just folklore?

thanks!

i am neither engaged in, nor do i condone any illegal activities. all posts and submitted pictures are gathered from other sources, and completely fictional. any activity in this forum is for entertainment purposes only, and is all primary research for the creation of a fictional character.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

BOYZNUS is offline Registered+
    TRY IT.

PULL ONE THE YOUR BABIES OUT AND PUT HER IN THE CLOSET.

LEAVE THE OTHERS IN THE LIGHT.

SEE IF THERE IS ANY DIFF.

LET US KNOW
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Skiing Arab is offline Registered+
    im sure someone on here will know the answer, dont do anything hastey my friend

Cyclonite is offline Registered+
    It wont hurt thats for sure....the logic is that the extra stress at the end makes the plant give up the last of the resin. Im not sure if its a huge difference but I plan on doing it....do 1 and not the other. Im curious about the difference.
    Im in full compliance with my state laws and am a medical marijuana patient.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!!!!!!!1

Gods Gift from clone....#3
    http://boards.cannabis.com/hydroponi...t-dwc-log.html

GDP - Lavander 600 watt bio-buckets
    http://boards.cannabis.com/hydroponi...o-buckets.html

Ive heard it countless times the it highers the rezin gland count and it connot lower them, so its a win situation anyway...
    another reason for why it is done is the plant produces the THC through the night, and while it is in the last couple weeks the THC count goes up anyway so i would do it with them all, just for 24 hours

any improvement in the THC levels is likely to be so slight, as to be immeasurable, but it won't hurt anything ...

hijole is offline Registered
    well, i'll give it a try with one of the plants and let you know if i find a difference. so how long should i put it in the dark room? i've heard one vote for 24 hours so far...
    thanks for all the input!!

i am neither engaged in, nor do i condone any illegal activities. all posts and submitted pictures are gathered from other sources, and completely fictional. any activity in this forum is for entertainment purposes only, and is all primary research for the creation of a fictional character.

Dutch Pimp is online now Registered+

Cool

...I did 36 hours....why?...because it's the Dutch (the dudes in Holland) method. My current stone...agrees.

jamstigator is offline Registered+
    I googled this info once upon a time, and what I came across was some info from the Dutch saying that for SOME strains, a period of 72 hours of darkness right before harvest resulted in markedly increased THC production, as much as 30 percent more. But...not all strains, just some, a genetic thing. So, try it. Worst case, it won't help and won't hurt, and best case, more THC production.
    "Before you consider one an enemy, first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if he *is* an enemy, you're a mile ahead, and you have his shoes."

All the plants do it, but 72 hours is a long time, not all strains are done this long, ive just been doing research on it and i havent found any negitive views on the method, when you dry bud chemical reactions take place to get rid of chlorophyll (i think thats how u spell it) and i found a page talking about that when in the dark period, couldnt find anything else in that department tho. id say do it to them all buy for 24 hours, some say 2 days but itd do 1.
    call your choice m8y
    the skiing arab

Here's the little snippit of info I found:

"The Stichting Institute of Medical Marijuana (SIMM), the first company to sell marijuana through the pharmacies of Holland, has been investigating the medical possibilities of cannabis, together with TNO laboratories and the University of Leiden. One of their discoveries has been that to keep the ripe plants in the dark before harvesting could increase their potency.

SIMM’s growers separated a crop of mature plants, harvested half of them and kept the other half in absolute darkness for 72 hours before cutting and drying. Analysis of the resulting dried buds showed that some varieties had seen an increase of THC of up to 30%, while CBD and CBN remained the same."
    "Before you consider one an enemy, first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if he *is* an enemy, you're a mile ahead, and you have his shoes."

MegaOctane12 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by jamstigator View Post
    Here's the little snippit of info I found:

"The Stichting Institute of Medical Marijuana (SIMM), the first company to sell marijuana through the pharmacies of Holland, has been investigating the medical possibilities of cannabis, together with TNO laboratories and the University of Leiden. One of their discoveries has been that to keep the ripe plants in the dark before harvesting could increase their potency.

SIMMís growers separated a crop of mature plants, harvested half of them and kept the other half in absolute darkness for 72 hours before cutting and drying. Analysis of the resulting dried buds showed that some varieties had seen an increase of THC of up to 30%, while CBD and CBN remained the same."
    I doubt that very much, an increase, maybe, 30% hell no, there are alot of studies that have proven alot of thing's and on closer examination have been wildy off target factually.

Personally, i think hes jamstigator is right.

piercedpunkonpot is offline Registered+
    Are we talking an extra 30% THC like in addition to the 5-20 or so % in most weed? or a 30% gain in THC? Cuz the thought of adding another 30% overall seems out there, but a 30% increase on a variety of, lets say, 15% thc. thats only gonna bring it to about 19% (a good noticable boost, but nothing too crazy). So if you ask me that sounds like its within reason. Sounds like somthing I will try come harvest. I doubt this will be making dank ass 20% thc weed into super weed with 50% thc, but would be nice!

i think it means 30% more THC in the each rezin gland

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Skiing Arab View Post
    Personally, i think hes jamstigator is right.
    ..I KNOW, he's right...Trust ME....White Widow/Rhino is two of the strains, that respond very well...Trust Me....

Well seen as though mine r white widow ill be doin that

30% = horseshit ... any public library has books that claim aliens from outer space populated the earth millions of years ago ... "it was written in a book, so it must be true" ... ... I mean, if ya wanna try it, no matter, go ahead ... it won't hurt anything, but just don't believe everything you hear, just because it sounds good to you ...

Hey, don't anyone think that I work for the Stichting Institute or anything; I just grabbed that snippet from Google; I'm just a messenger. Don't shoot the messenger!

But I have tried the 3-day thing now, and it did no harm, and the pot came out better than I expected. Unlike a university or a research lab, I have no means of measuring the THC in it though. But on the off-chance that it does work...why not, I'll probably keep doing it, since it doesn't cost me anything or do any harm.

Cool

^^^...I concur.

MegaOctane12 is offline Registered+
    Its highly unlikely that prolonged darkness causes dramatic increase of THC to that extent, otherwise you would be hearing about it and everybody would be doing it, and unless the chunk or the most experienced pot growing professionals put it in their routine as well, it will come under the 'speculation' catagory. Having said that, growing pot is a hobby, and experimentation and variation is what this hobby is about.

Cool

..."you can take a horse to water...but you can't make them drink"...

oldnslow is offline Registered+
    Cmon' folks. This debate has been around for many yrs now, and all we have is THEORY and REPORTS.

I have actually done this experiment and find zero difference in the effect. Like someone ^^^^mentioned....lets hear your own results. Peace

Yeah fair enough, but i have looked into it for a while now and ive found no bad reports on it. And most reports talk about an increase from 5% to 30%. I personally will be trying this techneque

piercedpunkonpot is offline Registered+
    never hurts to try, Im gonna try it to see what happens. Any gain is a gain afterall!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast