All stage grow log w/ lots of pics

First things first, I am growing Dutch.Lover

As we near flowering I thought I would start our Grow log

The next few posts will give you all the info about my grow

NowÖ

The Room

Area:
    It is a closet which is aprox 7ft x 2ft x 8ft
    I built a bench in it so that I can put the ventilation through the rooms floor (see pics)
    The room is obviously covered in the thick which one side, black the other plastic
    It has been split into two areas: Veg 2ft x 3.5 x 7 ft / flower: 4.5ft x 2ft x 7ft
    -I will also have a cloning/seeding area which has not been built as we have been using the flowering chamber for that not with the HPS though

Lights:
    -For vegging we have a 400W MH (36 000 lumens)
    -So thatís 5150 Lumens/sq ft
    -For flower a 400W HPS (50 000 Lm) with 4 odor neutralizing CFLís each 1600 Lm
    -So thatís 6250 Lumens/sq ft

Ventilation:
    The ventilation has a forced intake and exhaust. With one inline duct fan(165 CFM) for exhaust and two smaller unrated fans for intake. (see pics)
    Temps are in the range of 77-82 F when lights on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20307.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20436.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20485.jpg  

All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20487.jpg  

harris7 is offline Registered+
    Plants:

Soil:
    -Top soil
    -Peat moss
    -Black Gold organic potting soil
    -Organic Worm castings
    -Perlite
    -Sand
    -Chicken Manure ****** (do not use)

Nutrients:
    -Grow, Micro, Bloom by Advanced Nutrients
    -Vitamax by Grotek
    -Flouralicious Bloom (organic) by General Hydroponics
    -Sweet (havenít used yet)
    -Fish Emulsion (organic)
    -Bone and Blood meal (organic)
    -Revive
    -Growth Excel (organic)

Use- generally mixing it at full strength. (Gro:Mico:Bloom:Vita at 2:2:0.5:2.5 mL per L)
    -we only started using vitamax one week ago
    -we foliar feed with growth excel 6 days a week when the lights go off (3mL per L)
    -we mixed some bone/blood meal in the soil mix. More blood in the vegg pot. And more bone in the biggest pot as theyíll be flowering in them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20490.jpg  

Strains
    Started From Clone:
    -Champagne 2 plants + 6 rooting clones
    -Hog 1 plant
    -Mud 1 plant
    (not a ďrealĒ strain it was named mud as a friend cloned a bunch of plants he found growing in mud)

Started From Seed:
    -Dutch Treat 3(but maybe 2) plants
    -Atomic Northern Lights 1 plant
    -BC Big Bang 3 seedlings
    -Bag seed 6 seedlings

-All mature plants 100% females
    -attached is all the plants labeled
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20482.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-all-plants-w-ls.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20483.jpg  

All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-1-clones.jpg  

Problems to Date:
    -Chicken Manure was used (How the politicians would say it, no blame placed)
    -Due to the manure we burnt and stunted some plants mainly the two smallest clones and the mature plants started from seed
    -It also has a really bad pH so many of the plants have been having minor lock out problems
    -Little bit of heat stress as they grew too close to light. One reverted to 3 bladed leafs

-We had a seeding area under the veg chamber so we seeded 7 bag seed and with the low ventilation it got too hot (with just a T5) so they all have heat stress.

Training:
    -Iíve topped the two champagneís and took 4 other clones off them.
    -Iíve LSTíd them both but in different ways. The largest had all its lower shoots trained off to one side throughout its growth. And recently we topped and bent the main stem over so that all the side shoots were exposed (30+ growth tips now)
    -The second largest plant I topped and let it grow up. It now has 5 major growth tips that weíre training out. (were kinda comparing the yield of the techniques)
    -Trying to train one dutch treat into a circle around the edge of the pot. But, the older stem is very stiff so itís not going too well

The Plan:
    -planning to move the two largest plants (both Champagne) into flower very soon havenít decided
    -Then after two weeks we hope to move 1 plant per 10 days aprox. In order to be continuously harvesting so we donít have to deal with lots of buds at one time.
    -As well a friend who is growing in Ottawa has a male plant so is going to harvest and send some pollen to me. His strain is Fat Bastard. So thatíll be fun in about 2 months.
    -Grow 3 of the new clones 100% organic

Questions:
    -I heard somewhere that mixing synthetic and organics doesnít bring particularly good results. Is this true?
    -When you all think I should start flowering. Once I start I want to be able to keep the one plant per 10 days going after the initial 14-10 days of the first two starting flower.
    -As well the biggest plant the Champagneís growth has really slown down since the LST I guess it is because of the diffusion of growth energy with so many growth tips. Any other ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20426.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-3.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-4.jpg  

BTW i am growing WITH dutch.lover

First Update

So i'm going away for two days and the plants will be on there own.
    I watered all the ones that will need it

more importantly i've retied one of the big plants to further spread out the top growth. It has some really nice big growth tips and when i flower i dont want them competing for light, as well it will give some more light to the small growth tips in the center.

Now that I finished my flowering room we can flower whenever. I guess we are going to wait until the small tips on this plant get a little big bigger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20493.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20494.jpg  

well i'm back and all is good. plants grew a lot. Some of them putting on two nodes

as well my clones have popped roots out the bottoms of there pots. so i've moved them to 2inch under the T5

The clones have strange yellowing patterns on them. Unlike when i've cloned b4. I assume they are using the energy to grow roots. but the thing is, they are not just yellowing on the lowest nodes, check out pics

anyone got any ideas.

as well my big girl still isn't growing. and its kinda worrying me. she looks good. and she's been through a lot. in the last 2.5 weeks we've repotted, topped and LSTed. She was growing after the topping and repotting, so i dont know.
    I know she isn't growing cuz of pics as well her growth tips have become dark green.

here some pics.

anyone else wana post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-nov-13th.jpg  

TheGreenFog is offline Registered+
    Hey, harris7. I remember this room from way back when I first joined. I was like, wow, somone is doing a closet similar to the one in 'my' JOURNAL. Then I didn't see much for a while. Well, last time you posted, I remember you were having doubts about cutting holes in walls/ceilings, I think. If I saw correctly, seems you decided to go ahead and give in, huh? Well, they look good so far, I like the LST'd ones. I'll keep checking in. Keep it up.

RastafarI

TGF
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

JOURNAL OF A MADMAN (Grow Logs) I II

JOAMM (C.O.L.) - CFL Grow ~ JOAMM - HASH/KIEF MAKING ~ 1st Harvest Pix ~ Videos

+ =

naa i put all the vents through the floor which i constructed. The floor is a plywood bench.

I decided not to damage the place as it's obviously not the best idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20506.jpg  

dutch.lover is offline Registered+
    He is the brawn behind this operation, i am the brains. tee hee. Seriously tho, i will give credit where credit is due- he physically built the whole thing by himself. Awesome job.
    New Flowering Log-------> http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1317077

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Greenjeans View Post
    I like hot makeup sex though, so sometimes I'll pick a fight just to get laid. I know it's wrong, but it's effective.

so i'm still dealing with the plant that will not grow...
    anyone have any suggestions to make it grow?

TheGreenFog is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by harris7 View Post
    so i'm still dealing with the plant that will not grow...
    anyone have any suggestions to make it grow?
    Possible pH problem...it's still in veg, right? Maybe throw some superthrive on there?

Why is Dutch.Lover banned?

TGF
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

JOURNAL OF A MADMAN (Grow Logs) I II

JOAMM (C.O.L.) - CFL Grow ~ JOAMM - HASH/KIEF MAKING ~ 1st Harvest Pix ~ Videos

+ =

thanks for advice, i gave it some NPK and it started growin again. I guess she was hungery

she posted on a thread that was about buying weed.
    seems kinda extreem but w/e

Bree1978 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by harris7 View Post
    thanks for advice, i gave it some NPK and it started growin again. I guess she was hungery

she posted on a thread that was about buying weed.

seems kinda extreem but w/e
    THAT's FUNnnnny.

one LST method

Here is a plant I tied up yesterday, and today she has already adapted and looks good.

As we all know there are a lot of LST methods and I have been using this one to keep the canopy low and to keep it consistent. As well some of the plants werenít putting out large side shoots (they were shaded by large fan leafs) so this method nicely exposes the shoots.

Here are pics of one plant I tied a week ago, Iím trying to work it into a circle, then top it, so it has lots of tips.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20541.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20542.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20543.jpg  

Harris7 ... very nice cabinet, you do good work ... I like your air circulation setup ... as for your false floor, you are in a convenient setup for my buddy's "30-degree floor" setup ... he took a clone of mine, and set it on a 'floor' , mounted on a 30-degree angle ... this allowed the overhead lamp to shower the top and entire side of his plants, for heavier mid, and bottom buds ... he would rotate the pots every day for full coverage ... this photo is the result, it was amazing! ... we had the same clones, same lamps, etc., but his yield just ran away from mine ! ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-nl99.resized.jpg  

jamstigator is offline Registered+
    Aha, I wasn't sure if I had dreamed that, about the 30 degree thing! I'm thinking about trying that myself with a big ol' Durban Poison x Skunk #1 plant currently in a HydroHut with a 1k light, but I wasn't sure if I'd actually read about that, or just dreamed I had. Not sure my side branches are strong enough to handle the tilt though, but they have had a fan on them so maybe they will be. Guess I'll give it a shot tonight and see how she handles it.
    "Before you consider one an enemy, first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if he *is* an enemy, you're a mile ahead, and you have his shoes."

That is an amazing plant, what was it's yield? or is it still growing?

Do you think you could get the same result mounting the light on the side, and rotate the plants?

Yea the vents work well but the metal duct makes a lot of noise. I think the sound echoes down it or something, i am thinking of replacing it with a plastic one.

any ideas on how to make it quieter?

actually, my friend, custom39, dreamed up that 'tilt' idea, he's a genius Mad scientist in real life ... ... he's smoking that puppy now ...

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+

Talking

...tell him to work on ..Emailing seeds directly from the seed banks..LOL..

jamstigator is offline Registered+
    Well, I tried the tilt, and didn't work, plant's too big now. I guess you need to start on that earlier, so the plant builds up some extra strength in the stems and can take being basted in light like a turkey. But damn, that's a cool idea. Next time I have just one plant flowering for any reason, I'm gonna try it from the start!

Anyway, pardon the interruption, and back to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
    "Before you consider one an enemy, first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if he *is* an enemy, you're a mile ahead, and you have his shoes."

Pests!!!!!

So we've noticed a bunch of small red ants around the apartment. But only in the two areas in which plants are. IE grow room and bath room.

We seem to have some mysterious problems. Plants with good pH and getting good nutes having leafs die off. most of the plants have some sort of Minor problem. And these ants are everywhere so we're thinking they might be the mysterious cause?

any thoughts?

Today was a busy day. Dutch.lover and myself transplanted 7 plants (3 clones 4 seedlings). The clones are champagne and three of the seeds are BC big Bang and 1 is just a Bag seed.

We also are running out of room. So we refitted the other chamber with the 400W HPS and moved 3 plants under there (18/6 lighting still). We need to buy another timer and then were flowering them. Maybe just two now. And hold out as long as we can for the third. Itís just that our room in the veg chamber is under high demand now. We also have 8 plants needing to be repotted soon but they can last in the smaller pots for a while longer.

We also treated all the plants with neem oil. Were thinking we got some type of bug problems, probably thripís.

How are our two clones looking? Any thoughts

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20551.jpg   All stage grow log w/ lots of pics-ssl20549.jpg  

so now that we've got both lights going things are good. But, the flowering chamber is getting a little too hot, up to 90 F at one point. So we need to beef up the vent system some how.

Currently the intake exceeds the exhaust, hmmm what to do.

I've read that a 90 degree bend in a duct will reduce air flow by 60%
    (Grower's bible, jorge cervantes)

is this true. I trust jorge

To counter this I plant to replace the aluminum 5" duct i have, see pic above. The one that bends 90 degrees for the exhaust. And replace it with a 8-10 inch one. I'm thinking this would increase flow.

As well i'm going to replace it with a plastic one. AS the aluminum transmits the fan noise. (i actually think it echoes it and makes i louder) It makes it hard to sleep.

dutch.lover is offline Registered+
    I'm back! That was one of the longest weeks i have ever had to endure. Being able to read posts but not say anything was torture!! For anyone wondering why I was banned, I was tryin to help out a fellow Canuck but alas *sigh* I have never read the forum rules. lol. My fault. Anyways, I'm glad to be back!
    New Flowering Log-------> http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1317077

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Greenjeans View Post
    I like hot makeup sex though, so sometimes I'll pick a fight just to get laid. I know it's wrong, but it's effective.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast